Projects Share with other members the details about your project truck or SUV. Old or new, gas or diesel, its all welcome here!

Rare 56 f100 Australia right hand drive

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2018, 11:46 PM
Rezza56
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Bryan,
Any updates on your truck, how are they going at Big L's?

Old 04-21-2018, 12:08 AM
bryangtho
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Rezza56
Hi Bryan,
Any updates on your truck, how are they going at Big L's?
Hey hows it going there Rezza i just find out yesterday that i have to use my old chassic. But Vic roads are talking about allowing chassic like Art Morrison in the future but will be late for mine. All my parts have tuned up this weeks i think it will cost me about $5000 in tax and transport to get the parts here

Old 04-21-2018, 10:41 PM
Rezza56
New User
Are you still using EDI Logistics in Brisbane? I guess it does get expensive with the taxes and you pay duties for anything over AUD $1000.
I have pulled the bed off my truck and cleaned up the back half of the frame, need to order quite a bit more stuff from the US as well. How was Dennis Carpenter's to deal with?
Steve

Old 04-21-2018, 11:15 PM
bryangtho
Freshman User
No i used a mate of Big L,s to bring in all the the parts. I think all up was about $10.000 US for all the parts. There are a lot of parts new bonnet a new roof all new guards a lot of repair parts new bed. I did have a little bit trouble getting the parts delivered to the warehouse all because they all needed a phone number to the warehouse. Dennis Carpenter was fantastic to deal with they where all very good to deal with. l have picked the shifter out i,m going to use a Bremer shifter

​​​

Old 04-21-2018, 11:38 PM
Rezza56
New User
That is a nice shifter, when will Big L's start back on the truck?
I am finding more rust and other problems as I strip the truck down and will bite the bullet and buy more parts, repair panels, etc. I need to buy about US$3K worth of parts and trying to work out what the best option would be.
I guess the road transport for North Carolina to California Shipping depot would have been expensive on top of everything else, I think I paid US1500 to transport my truck from Alabama to California., I need to buy about US$3K worth of parts and trying to work out what the best option would be.
Did you ship your wheels with that lot as well?

Old 04-22-2018, 12:00 AM
bryangtho
Freshman User
A lot of parts they will transport for free it was only the big parts you will have to pay for like bonnet and the roof. But roof and bonnet i had to pay for packing and shipping. For the rims i ordered them with a company called Motorsports wheels in Derrimut great place to get your rims. l am hoping they will be here in the next week or 2. Big L's should start on it this week now we no what we have to do. That shifter i going to rob herrod to order it for me they are a great bunch of guys

Old 04-24-2018, 03:21 AM
bryangtho
Freshman User
Well i rims turned up today and had to run down and pick them up. 19x8.1/4 for the front and 20x12 for the back

Old 04-24-2018, 09:35 PM
Rezza56
New User
Very cool wheels Bryan, hope that everything from here on goes smoothly.
Steve

Old 05-16-2018, 12:01 AM
bryangtho
Freshman User
Hi Rezza finally got some good news about the chassis. We are going with the old one but have to use 25% of the old one which is a bit over a cross member. And we had find that the vic road have no records before 1990s. So Big.Ls was saying that he will sell the old chassic for $5.500 and will start in the new one strait away. So i get a hole new chassic made up and will try to find a cross member from a old 56

Old 06-04-2018, 08:40 PM
bryangtho
Freshman User
The back rotors have turned up they just come back from race products in Brisbane. That make these amazing full floating hubs for the diff

Old 07-09-2018, 10:25 PM
Rezza56
New User
Hi Bryan,

Any progress shots?

Steve

Old 07-09-2018, 10:45 PM
bryangtho
Freshman User
No not yet Rezza its been a long process. All the parts are here from the US plus i had my car stole it was all over the news the white xr8 in SA

Old 09-13-2018, 05:23 PM
Rezza56
New User
Hi Bryan,
Has Big L's started on your build? I have been following them on FB but haven't seen anything of your truck.
I haven't done anything to my truck other than remove the bed and clean up the frame, I am also waiting on a shipment of parts that have been sitting at depot in Cali for 4 weeks waiting for a full container load to come to Melbourne, got about
3.5 m3 of parts sitting there, not looking forward to the freight charges!
Cheers,
Steve

Old 09-13-2018, 05:58 PM
78ShortBed-
More Turbo
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by bryangtho
Hi i'm from Australia I have been looking for rhd 56 f100 for a long time now. I finally got my hands on one a few weeks ago. I picked it up from the Dandenong ranges in Victoria about a 3 hours from my home a week ago. I plan on putting a lot money in to it. Its not in to bad of condition but still will need a lot of work. The motor is 272 y block that matches chassis and gear box. My plan is to use a Art Morrison GT Sport chassis and around a 500hp ford race engine. I have it my mates shed now and have to wait for a engineer to come and have a look at it. As it is so hard to get a old car reregister over here but it makes it a lot easier if it is a rhd. And parts are so hard to get over here for the 56
Hi guys. Just nosing in. I'd have a tizzy in you all's salvage yards over there.
I noticed a red 65-66 F-350 with flat bed. Looks good.

Sounds like you are going to have a fantastic 56

Old 10-25-2018, 07:12 PM
bryangtho
Freshman User
Sorry its been a long time from last update. The chassis will be ready in the next few weeks. Its been a long process to make sure it will pass the rta report and will have some great pictures in the next few weeks

Quick Reply: Rare 56 f100 Australia right hand drive