N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

September all topic 2017

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 07:38 PM
04badford
Lead Driver
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Fat Diesel
Sitting here at work, enjoying the soreness I gained from flopping around UNDER my house running a 240V romex wire to my pressure pump on the other side of the house... It's currently 120V with some romex plugged into an outlet on the back deck.

My well pump sends water up to a 5000 GAL tank on the hill. Gravity flows it back to the house, but it's not enough pressure for showers and sprinklers so there's a pump with a small pressure vessel. It's still currently functioning, but makes a loud Ca-Chunk when turning off. Me thinks it's on borrowed time! I bought a pump just like it wired for 240V. Should be nice and smooth and more efficient with the higher voltage.

Good news is everything looks nice and dry and clean under there.
Hey Andy , your piping is not off of Galvanized is it ? If so could be clogging up like a bad Artery , might be time to run 11/2 or 2" schedule 80 grey pipe , don't use white PVC for drinking only grey or DWV copper. Glad ya didn't crawl across no Sneeky Snake

Old 09-19-2017, 10:32 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 123 Likes on 119 Posts
Happy taco Tuesday Nor Cal. Enjoying the cool weather? I am.

Jim

Old 09-19-2017, 11:55 AM
GlueGuy
Lead Driver
Received 213 Likes on 179 Posts
Originally Posted by Nighteyez
Happy taco Tuesday Nor Cal. Enjoying the cool weather? I am. Jim
Big time Jim. I LOVE the cooler weather (being a heat wimp and all)....

Old 09-19-2017, 02:31 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Yeah I would consider myself a heat wimp as well. Only moved here due to circumstances at the time, and now I am stuck here due to finances. So, I grin and bear it for 3 months, and enjoy the rest of the year. LOL

Jim

Old 09-20-2017, 10:18 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Happy Humpeth Day Nor Cal!

Jim

Old 09-20-2017, 06:06 PM
Keabler
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The green sticker is funny! I should get one that says "this truck keeps Tahoe blue"

Old 09-21-2017, 11:14 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Happy thirsty Thursday Nor Cal. Hope everyone has a great day.

Jim

Old 09-21-2017, 11:22 PM
04badford
Lead Driver
It's snowing , just got home from a trip to Reno , and Barly missed the I80 16 car pile up , come on people Slow Down, debri everywhere , and a fiver upside down in a Revine , other than that good to be home , next time I'll ware some warmer clothes and not Shorts , winters around the corner guys .

Old 09-22-2017, 11:06 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Happy almost winter day. LOL. Hope everyone has a great one, and keep the shiny side up.

Jim

Old 09-23-2017, 10:23 AM
Maltman
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey fellas, went fishing out in Rio Vista yesterday.....trolled for 5 hours with 40 other boats and not a fishie, next time. Was told at the dock they are only catching at the early/first tide change. Water is still 65 degrees, little too warm.

Old 09-23-2017, 10:43 AM
Njstern87
Tuned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
I'm so jealous. I used to live in Rio Vista, right on that river. Looks like a beautiful day out as well. Looks like while you didn't catch any you had a great time.

Old 09-23-2017, 11:18 AM
GlueGuy
Lead Driver
Received 213 Likes on 179 Posts
Ahhh. Nothing like a day on the water! Brings back memories from my youth when I lived in Minnesota. Like half the people we knew, we lived on a lake. We could get in the boat and drive for a bit to fish, but what I really enjoyed was just walking to the end of the dock and throwing a line in.

Thanks for the nostalgia!

Old 09-23-2017, 12:17 PM
Fat Diesel
Logistics Pro

Received 98 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by 04badford
Hey Andy , your piping is not off of Galvanized is it ? If so could be clogging up like a bad Artery , might be time to run 11/2 or 2" schedule 80 grey pipe , don't use white PVC for drinking only grey or DWV copper. Glad ya didn't crawl across no Sneeky Snake
I'm not sure how much galvanized pipe I have at my house. Looks like someone replaced the original galvanized pipe from the tank to the house with white 1.5" PVC at some point. It goes through a valve, a checkvalve, the pump, and the tank then it's more white PVC to the water heater area, then it disappears into the wall in galvanized. I do not drink the water but the folks did previously and they lived here 20 years.

Old 09-23-2017, 04:10 PM
04badford
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by Fat Diesel
I'm not sure how much galvanized pipe I have at my house. Looks like someone replaced the original galvanized pipe from the tank to the house with white 1.5" PVC at some point. It goes through a valve, a checkvalve, the pump, and the tank then it's more white PVC to the water heater area, then it disappears into the wall in galvanized. I do not drink the water but the folks did previously and they lived here 20 years.
The white PVC will have Algie growth so becarful even with the animals , copper will kill Algie and for some reason the grey besides being thicker is ment for wells in place of Galvy , I'd stick on a Banjo filter at the pump then a whole house filter before the water heater , that way you have screened it before dumping in to the water heater , and by the way people need to flush the water heater at least once a year to get all the crap from off the bottom of the tank , I've replaced some that had so much sand and Calcium build up at the bottom it wouldn't even drain , that was fun , have a great weekend y'all

Old 09-24-2017, 12:51 AM
Modoc
Fleet Mechanic
Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts
Had a great day! We have been at our BSA District Dutch Oven cookout and Campout in Red Bluff. The weather was almost perfect even though we had a Red Flag Fire Warning in Affect.

My boys did really well, taking first place in Scout Spirit/Theme , Main dish (chicken and potato stew), Desert (bread pudding), and the grand prize for high Aggregate. Not bad for 3 young and two older Scouts!

The theme was Renaissance, so here I am in an outfit that I put together.

Attached Images  

Quick Reply: September all topic 2017