Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Monitor TPMS using Torque Pro

Old 08-31-2017, 10:11 PM
BINARY
New User
BINARY is starting off with a positive reputation.
Lightbulb Monitor TPMS using Torque Pro

I posted this before but it got buried in someone else's bloated thread so I'm starting a fresh one of my own.

I created a page in Torque Pro just for monitoring TPMS.
I manually added these extended PIDs onto a generic 7" tablet that connects via Bluetooth to an OBD2 reader.

Here are the PIDs you'll need:

PID LONG NAME ID I used for display
222813 TPMS DRIVERS FRONT PRESSURE LF TP
222814 TPMS PASSENGER FRONT PRESSURE RF TP
222815 TPMS PASSENGER REAR PRESSURE RR TP
222816 TPMS DRIVERS REAR PRESSURE LR TP

7" tablet:

Amazon Amazon

OBD2 reader:

Amazon Amazon

Attached Images  
Old 09-01-2017, 06:12 AM
sdetweil
Post Fiend
sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.
These 4 pids are in the Plugin I built that has all the known PIDs..

see this topic

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...nded-pids.html

Old 09-01-2017, 01:50 PM
BINARY
New User
Originally Posted by sdetweil View Post
These 4 pids are in the Plugin I built that has all the known PIDs..

see this topic

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...nded-pids.html
Got link to the exact post?
That just links to a 51 page thread.

Thanks

Old 09-01-2017, 01:56 PM
sdetweil
Post Fiend
sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by BINARY View Post
Got link to the exact post?
That just links to a 51 page thread.

Thanks

this last post has a link to the latest plugin.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post17433541

this post has the general installation/setup instructions

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post14573134

Old 09-01-2017, 11:22 PM
BINARY
New User
this last post has a link to the latest plugin.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post17433541

this post has the general installation/setup instructions

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post14573134
Nice. I'll download it to my tablet and run it and check it out tomorrow. Thanks!

Old 09-01-2017, 11:41 PM
ufvj217
Postmaster
ufvj217 is a splendid one to beholdufvj217 is a splendid one to beholdufvj217 is a splendid one to beholdufvj217 is a splendid one to beholdufvj217 is a splendid one to beholdufvj217 is a splendid one to beholdufvj217 is a splendid one to beholdufvj217 is a splendid one to behold
i'd love TPMS through my TP setup on my truck. i have an 04 dually though. does this only work on trucks that have factory sensors? i've on and off been looking for a decent yet not insanely expensive setup to monitor all 6 tires on my dually. didn't know TP was an option, so that takes care of needing any extra screens or anything for an aftermarket system. wonder if i could use OEM sensors (i think the newer dually's come with TPMS?)

Old 09-02-2017, 04:30 PM
BINARY
New User
Pretty sure your truck computer only reads the oem senors because it was programmed for that.

Old 09-03-2017, 07:48 AM
bkuuz1
Elder User
bkuuz1 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.bkuuz1 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
BINARY,
Could you post a pic of how you have your tab set up in your truck? I just can't seem to find an install that I like yet.

Old 09-04-2017, 07:40 AM
sdetweil
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by ufvj217 View Post
i'd love TPMS through my TP setup on my truck. i have an 04 dually though. does this only work on trucks that have factory sensors? i've on and off been looking for a decent yet not insanely expensive setup to monitor all 6 tires on my dually. didn't know TP was an option, so that takes care of needing any extra screens or anything for an aftermarket system. wonder if i could use OEM sensors (i think the newer dually's come with TPMS?)
the dually doesn't have the sensor receiver hardware either, so it won't work.
(I have a dually too)..

I use the truck systems tpms system with stem mounted sensors..

I got mine here https://www.vulcantire.com/tpms_tst.htm

I have two monitors, one for 5th wheel and one for my car hauler.. hate reprogramming

Old 09-04-2017, 08:33 AM
ufvj217
Postmaster
ufvj217 is a splendid one to beholdufvj217 is a splendid one to beholdufvj217 is a splendid one to beholdufvj217 is a splendid one to beholdufvj217 is a splendid one to beholdufvj217 is a splendid one to beholdufvj217 is a splendid one to beholdufvj217 is a splendid one to behold
the dually doesn't have the sensor receiver hardware either, so it won't work.
(I have a dually too)..

I use the truck systems tpms system with stem mounted sensors..

I got mine here https://www.vulcantire.com/tpms_tst.htm

I have two monitors, one for 5th wheel and one for my car hauler.. hate reprogramming
nice, i was looking at those stem mounted ones the other night, they seem to be pretty popular.

Old 09-04-2017, 01:55 PM
sdetweil
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by ufvj217 View Post
nice, i was looking at those stem mounted ones the other night, they seem to be pretty popular.
I have the cap style on my the truck and my car hauler,
and the flow thru type on my 5th wheel (I take them off to adjust the pressure as they fill so darned slow)..

Old 09-04-2017, 02:29 PM
DeeDubz
Senior User
DeeDubz is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ill have to do this later

Old 09-06-2017, 10:11 AM
BINARY
New User
Originally Posted by bkuuz1 View Post
BINARY,
Could you post a pic of how you have your tab set up in your truck? I just can't seem to find an install that I like yet.
I use magnetic mounts for all my electronics.
You can see 2 on the dash, one for driver one for passenger, for our iPhones, then I use this mount
Amazon Amazon
which slides directly into the CD player slot. Who uses CDs anymore?
I also have a 7" Garmin RV GPS that uses this mount.
It sticks out about 4" or so towards the driver so it's easier to reach than the stereo. Well, for me anyway, but I drive with the seat all the way back.

Attached Images  
Old 09-06-2017, 06:48 PM
ZooDad
Elder User
ZooDad has much to be proud ofZooDad has much to be proud ofZooDad has much to be proud ofZooDad has much to be proud ofZooDad has much to be proud ofZooDad has much to be proud ofZooDad has much to be proud ofZooDad has much to be proud of
You can see 2 on the dash, one for driver one for passenger, for our iPhones, then I use this mount
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...8&psc=1http://
It sticks out about 4" or so towards the driver so it's easier to reach than the stereo. Well, for me anyway, but I drive with the seat all the way back.
I like that one better than the one I have, I may give it a shot.

I so want to figure out a way to install the OEM receiver for the dually. I really dont want another screen...
I looked at this one.
Smart TPMS

But here is the response I got about landscape view vs portrait.
Just in portrait mode and I have submitted your request to the designers about the App Disconnect. I like that feature as well. On our TM-77 model has the 3 positions.

Thank you for the suggestions!!!!

I need to follow up with them.

Old 09-07-2017, 08:17 AM
sdetweil
Post Fiend

i also use a cd magnetic mount for my android phone. over 7200 miles this summer, across 45 days, and 20+ separate drives, the rough roads shook the phone loose every drive at least once.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Monitor TPMS using Torque Pro

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: