Tired of "its no longer made" for your brake hoses?.. look here>>> - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Large Truck My truck is bigger than yours. The forum for 2+ ton trucks (all years), COE's, Louisville's, Big-Job's etc.

Tired of "its no longer made" for your brake hoses?.. look here>>>

Old 08-31-2017, 06:17 PM
Elder User

Notmeofficer is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Notmeofficer is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Tired of "its no longer made" for your brake hoses?.. look here>>>

I got tired of endless searching, bugging number dummy, and even ordering NOS off Stealbay only having it be wrong. If your medium duty (or car or light duty or heavy equipment for that matter) is pre-73 you are probably out of luck. Even if you find a NOS line its been on the shelf for years... do you really want to run your medium duty down the street on a steep hill loaded with gravel past a playground with kids and depend upon it....

Uh.. no beavis..I dont want to

So... here in California locally (Redding) no one will make braided stainless DOT APPROVED AND STAMPED AS SUCH brake hoses but I found a very friendly source ( they also make OEM rubber lines too)

Hose and fittings etc

1811 Enterprise Blvd
West Sacramento, CA 95691
888.715.4673 (Phone)
916.371.5777 (Fax)

[email protected]

Contacts at Hose & Fittings, Etc.

Quality was superb
Cost was as far as I was concerned very reasonable

Custom front lines were 39.00 ea
Rear was 30.00

Considering just the fittings were expensive I thought this was a great price and I stopped searching further. Plus I liked that this was a large company with multiple outlets (and a good insurance policy) . I didnt want to depend on the little guy... or something from someone's garage.

And the above source pass COMMERCIAL dot chp inspection...

Enjoy enthusiasts
Old 09-01-2017, 08:14 AM
Super Moderator

Krewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputation
You're just a bundle of information lately, aren't you?

Old 09-01-2017, 01:35 PM
Elder User

Notmeofficer is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Notmeofficer is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krewat View Post
You're just a bundle of information lately, aren't you?

I think I may be the only person on the board doing frame off resto's anymore... Im on my second F600 with two more to go

One piece at a time... some of the stuff is getting very hard to source.. brake drums (67-72 F600) are impossible and Im hording my extras

What I like is in this case of brake hoses Im going braided for what an OEM hose would have cost.

"Knowledge is power but FORD knowledge is divine"- numberdummy
Old 09-03-2017, 08:13 PM
Senior User

awhtx is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.awhtx is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
This company, Brakequip, supplies just about any brake hose fitting ever used as OEM. Find your fittings in their catalog and then find one of their dealers to make up the hose for you.

Brake and Clutch | BrakeQuip
Old 09-06-2017, 01:20 PM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by awhtx View Post
This company, Brakequip, supplies just about any brake hose fitting ever used as OEM. Find your fittings in their catalog and then find one of their dealers to make up the hose for you.

Brake and Clutch | BrakeQuip
Excellent find.. thanks
Old 09-12-2017, 08:54 AM
Senior User

awhtx is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.awhtx is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I can't find it on their website now but they used to have a pdf catalog with drawings of hundreds of different brake hose end fittings. I was installing Granada disc brakes on the front of my '65 Mustang and I found the fittings I needed on each end of the special length hose that was required to install the disc brakes.
Later on I installed a Versailles disc brake rear axle and once again I used their catalog to find the fittings I needed on each end of special length hoses.