XLT Upgrades - Leather Steering Wheel, Trailer Hook Up Light - Page 7 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > 2017+ Super Duty
Reload this Page >

XLT Upgrades - Leather Steering Wheel, Trailer Hook Up Light

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

XLT Upgrades - Leather Steering Wheel, Trailer Hook Up Light

Old 12-25-2017, 02:42 PM
jimzpsd
Senior User
jimzpsd is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Buggyd123 View Post
Hi guys.
Well it was an easy swap but not the wheel is 90 degrees off?
has this happened to anyone else
There is no way it can be 90* off, if anything its 180*, the two yellow pins only will allow a certain position. Do what donovan suggested and try again.

Old 12-31-2017, 03:58 PM
Zchludil
New User
Zchludil is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by zelinadc View Post
Cant stand your urethane steering wheel? Purchase the Lariat HC3Z3600EB steering wheel and viola! You have a nice leather unit. You can ditch the silver trim piece and put your black one back on or keep it - I ditched it because it did not match anything in the XLT. Easy install, vids on YouTube. Need to hook up a trailer at night, but your rig did not come with the cool LED hook up light? My XLT was a plug and play. What you need: Harness HC3Z14A412EA, Lamp HC3Z15500A and the proper tailgate handle (mine required the tailgate camera and light, black with a chrome handle) HC3Z9943400. Works like it should! I can post a few pics of the trailer hook-up light install and what wires need to be present in your tailgate harness. Pretty easy install, two of the four handle nuts on the handle are tricky - I have the tailgate step
Can anyone help me with the tailgate handle part number HC3Z9943400? I find that on the fordparts.com website, but then there are a bunch of handles under that part number with the different features, the only problem is with the way its worded on there, it is hard for me to understand. I need the exact same handle as the original poster. I then went to tasca parts and looked, and the part number comes up with multiple results with 2 letters after the part number such as "CB', "DB", "LB" etc... if anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you

Old 12-31-2017, 04:22 PM
dsladdict
Senior User
dsladdict is starting off with a positive reputation.
Can anyone speak to adding bed LED lights and the switch?

Old 12-31-2017, 04:48 PM
dsladdict
Senior User
dsladdict is starting off with a positive reputation.
Please ignore prior post.

Old 01-01-2018, 03:17 PM
urname7698
Junior User
urname7698 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Zchludil View Post
Can anyone help me with the tailgate handle part number HC3Z9943400? I find that on the fordparts.com website, but then there are a bunch of handles under that part number with the different features, the only problem is with the way its worded on there, it is hard for me to understand. I need the exact same handle as the original poster. I then went to tasca parts and looked, and the part number comes up with multiple results with 2 letters after the part number such as "CB', "DB", "LB" etc... if anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you
I am looking for the same information. I can see one of the other parts suppliers has a description for each:
https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts...C3Z-9943400-AA

I'm still not 100% what the option is called though. I wanted to add the backup camera and LED light. Maybe the LED is trailer vision system?

Old 01-09-2018, 09:13 PM
MNSuper
Senior User
MNSuper is starting off with a positive reputation.
I am looking to do the LED Handle. The harness and lamp part numbers seem to work but the rear handle part number doesn't.

Any part number experts have the part number for a tailgate handle that accepts a camera and LED lamp? I am looking for the all black handle or black with chrome handle.

Old 01-17-2018, 05:30 PM
Zchludil
New User
Zchludil is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by MNSuper View Post
I am looking to do the LED Handle. The harness and lamp part numbers seem to work but the rear handle part number doesn't.

Any part number experts have the part number for a tailgate handle that accepts a camera and LED lamp? I am looking for the all black handle or black with chrome handle.
All my parts came in for the LED tailgate light upgrade yesterday and I was able to install them today. I have the XLT premium package and it was all plug and play. My handle is a black housing with the chrome handle. The part numbers I used are as follows:HC3Z14A412EA - harnessHC3Z15500A - lampHC3Z9943400PB - handleI hope this helps anyone that needs the same handle as me, as I had a heck of a time finding the right part number for my handle.

Old 01-17-2018, 09:42 PM
MNSuper
Senior User
Originally Posted by Zchludil
All my parts came in for the LED tailgate light upgrade yesterday and I was able to install them today. I have the XLT premium package and it was all plug and play. My handle is a black housing with the chrome handle. The part numbers I used are as follows:HC3Z14A412EA - harnessHC3Z15500A - lampHC3Z9943400PB - handleI hope this helps anyone that needs the same handle as me, as I had a heck of a time finding the right part number for my handle.
I got my parts ordered and installed also. Thank you. It's a funny looking little light and was overpriced but I am a sucker for retrofitting options that didn't come stock.

Old 01-17-2018, 09:43 PM
MNSuper
Senior User
Here is a photo of the LED

Attached Images   
Old 02-13-2018, 07:29 PM
Kbryant
Freshman User
Kbryant is starting off with a positive reputation.
Just did the Lariat steering wheel swap. Took about 30-45 minutes and was as easy as falling off a log. High value mod for $170ish dollars.

Old 02-14-2018, 05:54 AM
potato potato
Freshman User
potato potato is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Kbryant View Post
Just did the Lariat steering wheel swap. Took about 30-45 minutes and was as easy as falling off a log. High value mod for $170ish dollars.
Agreed, best thing I've done to my XLT so far.

Old 02-14-2018, 06:06 AM
LiquidSteam
Posting Guru
LiquidSteam is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by MNSuper View Post
I got my parts ordered and installed also. Thank you. It's a funny looking little light and was overpriced but I am a sucker for retrofitting options that didn't come stock.

ignore......

Old 02-14-2018, 06:09 AM
LiquidSteam
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by potato potato View Post
Agreed, best thing I've done to my XLT so far.

I just ordered the leather wheel a couple days ago. I hate the XLT wheel so much that I threw a leather slide on cover on it the first day. When I read this thread and watched the install video I knew I was going to eventually order the leather wheel. Can't wait.

Old 02-14-2018, 06:14 AM
LiquidSteam
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by zelinadc View Post

ok so I went through the thread again. This must be the light you are talking about correct? I want it but I need the black handle. Did you find the part number for that with your research?

Old 02-14-2018, 06:48 AM
Kbryant
Freshman User
Kbryant is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by LiquidSteam View Post
I just ordered the leather wheel a couple days ago. I hate the XLT wheel so much that I threw a leather slide on cover on it the first day. When I read this thread and watched the install video I knew I was going to eventually order the leather wheel. Can't wait.
The hardest part was unhooking the battery and having to wait 10-15 minutes before taking the air bag off. Admittedly was a bit paranoid with the air bag and carefully handled it as though it were a bomb; ready to deploy in my face lol! Seriously tho, was super easy.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: XLT Upgrades - Leather Steering Wheel, Trailer Hook Up Light

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.