67 F-100 4x4 restoration - Page 3 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

67 F-100 4x4 restoration

Old 09-07-2017, 10:47 AM
JEFFFAFA
Post Fiend
JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by mrpotatohead View Post
A lot of the problem for me is the terminology:
There are upper and lower rubber mounts, inner steel sleeves, washers, nuts and bolts. What's a retainer?
The retainers are the upper and lower sleeves. None of those two retainer part numbers are on my locators. I wonder if Dentside ones would work?

Old 09-07-2017, 10:52 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation
Never thought of that, Jeff. Do they use the same type of retainer?

Old 09-07-2017, 11:08 AM
JEFFFAFA
Post Fiend
JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by 67nukeford View Post
Never thought of that, Jeff. Do they use the same type of retainer?
Different part numbers. On a Dentside the upper retainers (sleeves) come in the upper mounts. The lower sleeves have a nut attached to them. So they are a sleeve, washer, and nut assembly.
D4TZ1000157D......Cab mounts.
D4TZ1000157C......radiator support.

Here is a pic I found on g**gle of the "C".

Old 09-07-2017, 11:15 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation
Have to check the thickness, but, those just might work!

Old 09-07-2017, 03:22 PM
mrpotatohead
Temporarily Deactivated
mrpotatohead is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Cab mounts. The front mounts are the same on both 2wd and 4x4. The rear mounts on the 2wd are thicker than the 4x4 mounts.
Thanks a bunch for the clarification. With my thick skull and old mans disease I am a little slow sometimes. Thanks again Nuke and you too Jeff. Oh by the way, I bought a 66 F-100 custom cab today that is disassembled but the body is almost flawless. The best part is the price: 400.00! I'll post pictures tomorrow.

Old 09-07-2017, 03:43 PM
JEFFFAFA
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by mrpotatohead View Post
Thanks a bunch for the clarification. With my thick skull and old mans disease I am a little slow sometimes. Thanks again Nuke and you too Jeff. Oh by the way, I bought a 66 F-100 custom cab today that is disassembled but the body is almost flawless. The best part is the price: 400.00! I'll post pictures tomorrow.
$400 !?!? Wow. Congrats.

Old 09-07-2017, 03:44 PM
cstoyer
Junior User
cstoyer is starting off with a positive reputation.
I had to buy the 2wd set, and have them cut down in the rear. For the life of me, I can't figure out why they don't sell a 4x4 set.

I purchased a set of absorbers from Prothane for my cab and core support on my f250 4x4. They matched what came of the truck for height and diameter. However, I was lucky to be able to use the retainers from my old mounts because as nuke said you can't find them or mod the 2wd ones.

cstoyer

Old 09-07-2017, 09:53 PM
mrpotatohead
Temporarily Deactivated
Originally Posted by cstoyer View Post
I purchased a set of absorbers from Prothane for my cab and core support on my f250 4x4. They matched what came of the truck for height and diameter. However, I was lucky to be able to use the retainers from my old mounts because as nuke said you can't find them or mod the 2wd ones.

cstoyer
Ok, thanks for the additional information

Old 09-08-2017, 07:25 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by cstoyer View Post

cstoyer
Yeah, I saw those, but, my retainers were toast! I wish someone would repop those damn things!

Old 09-09-2017, 05:08 AM
mrpotatohead
Temporarily Deactivated
My body cart

Here's a couple of pics of my body cart I made. It's large enough so that I can tilt the cab on it's back to address the underside.

Attached Images    
Old 09-09-2017, 05:13 AM
mrpotatohead
Temporarily Deactivated
Here's the first pics of my 66 F-100 custom cab I bought the other day.

Attached Images    
Old 09-09-2017, 06:37 PM
RichS2659
Posting Guru
RichS2659 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.RichS2659 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Nice find. A lot of fires happening now? Where did you pick it up at? It looks like south of Nampa close to the river.

Old 09-09-2017, 07:00 PM
mrpotatohead
Temporarily Deactivated
You guessed it. It was out on Sommercamp road south of Marsing. All that smoke you see is from Oregon fires they say.

Old 09-10-2017, 09:11 PM
mrpotatohead
Temporarily Deactivated
Time to order some sheet metal!
The payoff of the work table is when you can effortlessly access the underside.
I almost needed both hands to tilt this thing back.

Attached Images       
Old 09-11-2017, 02:23 PM
fe390pc
Posting Guru
fe390pc has a good reputation on FTE.fe390pc has a good reputation on FTE.fe390pc has a good reputation on FTE.
That is a very nice cart you made. Looks to be a great working height as well.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 67 F-100 4x4 restoration

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.