1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Super Duty

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2017, 02:06 PM
MMTwoThree
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Super Duty

Hi there, new here! Been rebuilding my 6.0 for months now. It was stolen earlier this year and figured it was time for a makeover after it was recovered. Started off with a 2016 Bed since the original had quite a bit of rust from some spilt chlorine. Went with the McNasty kit as well, and she still has some thing I need to get finished over the next few weeks like fog lights, cab roof lights and mirrors as well as lug and hub covers for the new wheels and to install the leveling kit and block in the rear. Super happy with everything as we spent quite a bit of time making sure everything lined up perfectly since I went out of my way to use all OEM parts, minus the fender liners.

Here she was some time ago before the troubles

The day it was recovered in the middle of Miami

Since she needed some work, and a new bed, it was time to make moves.

Deconstruction time

It took several weeks of putting together all OEM ford parts that were used but in new condition to get the front end done.

Fortunately, one of my best friends owns one of the best body shops in south Florida, so the truck was about to see some great paint work. Originally we were going to keep the grey as it would be easier to not have to do the bay and jambs, but ultimately, we wanted the truck to look entirely different, and with the bed being black already it made spraying the bed that much easier, and plus, it looked amazing.

The paint work and quality as well as the quality of clear is stunning. It adds a depth to the paint that is much much better than OEM

Then it was time to get the grille and paint matched bumpers on

Once we got most of the truck back together, it was time for the fun stuff. First up, 22.5" Alcoas Wrapped in GoodYear 255/70s

Heres how she currently sits, still waiting to get all the miscellaneous parts done and the lift on hopefully this week.

Old 08-26-2017, 03:06 PM
Deerfield411
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Beautiful truck man! Excellent work.

Old 08-26-2017, 03:18 PM
HearseDriver
Tuned
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Stunning! You & your painter did Fantastic work and Black isn't easy, it shows the minutest flaw. Excellent work!

Old 08-26-2017, 03:42 PM
GN1220
More Turbo
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Stunning work as the truck looks great. How long was it missing? Surprised they didn't bother to take your sign off if they were driving around in a stolen truck!

Old 08-26-2017, 03:50 PM
Pocketlint
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice work, looks good. It always amazes me with some of the transformations some of the trucks have taken.

One thing I have been curious about is does it stay registered as a 2006 or something newer? Cause if a cop runs your plate the truck would come up registered as a 2006 even though it has the look of the 2011 and up trucks. Would you get any grief about it?

Surely they must see more and more of these converted trucks these days one would think.

Old 08-26-2017, 05:27 PM
MMTwoThree
New User
Originally Posted by Deerfield411
Beautiful truck man! Excellent work.
Thank you.

Originally Posted by HearseDriver
Stunning! You & your painter did Fantastic work and Black isn't easy, it shows the minutest flaw. Excellent work!
It really does. Every single imperfection shows. But enough coats will allow you to block sand enough to get it absolutely perfect.

Originally Posted by GN1220
Stunning work as the truck looks great. How long was it missing? Surprised they didn't bother to take your sign off if they were driving around in a stolen truck!
Crazy huh? The magnets were on the truck when we picked it up from the towing company. The picked it up from the driveway with a tow truck and started it a few miles down the road. Their were flyers in a small duffle bag that were thrown out along with some other items and the homeowner called saying we had belongings in their yard. It was gone roughly 2 weeks.

Originally Posted by Pocketlint
Nice work, looks good. It always amazes me with some of the transformations some of the trucks have taken.

One thing I have been curious about is does it stay registered as a 2006 or something newer? Cause if a cop runs your plate the truck would come up registered as a 2006 even though it has the look of the 2011 and up trucks. Would you get any grief about it?

Surely they must see more and more of these converted trucks these days one would think.
Still more to come!

The year doesn't change, only thing that has to be updated on the registration is the color. At least to my knowledge.

Old 08-26-2017, 07:42 PM
Braggs
Senior User
Looks great. After making it look even more desirable to thieves, did you at least splurge for a GPS tracking device?

Old 08-26-2017, 08:00 PM
MMTwoThree
New User
Originally Posted by Braggs
Looks great. After making it look even more desirable to thieves, did you at least splurge for a GPS tracking device?
Theres a few tricks in case someone wants to try it again.

Only thing I haven't come up with is how to secure the wheels.

Old 08-27-2017, 04:56 PM
JEB63
Junior User
Nice Work!

Old 08-27-2017, 05:36 PM
HearseDriver
Tuned
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
It really does. Every single imperfection shows. But enough coats will allow you to block sand enough to get it absolutely perfect.

Believe me I know. I've spent WAY too much time block sanding, guide coating & block sanding again & again to find I had a high or low spot to do it all over again. Once the paint was shot I found a small spot I missed and I was shooting a dark green metallic & not black. I wondered what would have shown up if I actually had to do a black car. Again, you did a Fantastic job!!!!! And on your truck that's a LOT of sheetmetal to cover.

Old 08-28-2017, 07:54 AM
Eatonpcat
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Your truck is Beautiful!!

Old 08-28-2017, 10:20 AM
BioBurner
Elder User
Gorgeous! I love the look of a well done black truck. I originally planned to do a McNasty conversion to 2008 style front on my 2006 stretched project, but I spent the money on building the engine instead. I may do it at a later date.

Good job!

Old 08-28-2017, 09:10 PM
MMTwoThree
New User
Originally Posted by JEB63
Nice Work!
Thanks

Originally Posted by HearseDriver

Believe me I know. I've spent WAY too much time block sanding, guide coating & block sanding again & again to find I had a high or low spot to do it all over again. Once the paint was shot I found a small spot I missed and I was shooting a dark green metallic & not black. I wondered what would have shown up if I actually had to do a black car. Again, you did a Fantastic job!!!!! And on your truck that's a LOT of sheetmetal to cover.
Finding issues and correcting them is never ending, and it did take a ton of paint lol.

Originally Posted by Eatonpcat
Your truck is Beautiful!!
Appreciate that.

Originally Posted by BioBurner
Gorgeous! I love the look of a well done black truck. I originally planned to do a McNasty conversion to 2008 style front on my 2006 stretched project, but I spent the money on building the engine instead. I may do it at a later date.

Good job!
Black is always the best, just takes the most work

Keeping the engine strong is most important man.

Old 08-28-2017, 09:20 PM
MMTwoThree
New User
Today we got a few more things done so she can be back on the road again.

The original mirrors were just killing the overall look of the truck, so they were replaced with some 2016 Full power and power folding mirrors and swapped for the clear lens covers. Very happy with the result.

Once we got those knocked out, it was time to install the new bed bolts and get the bed fastened to the frame properly and install the under the rail drop in Bed liner. Once we got all of that situated, finally figured out the 2005 to 2016 wiring harness' to get all the lights up and running.

One of these days I'll get these lights swapped out for some LEDs.

Old 08-29-2017, 09:18 AM
Chuck-B
6.7 Weight Loss
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This thing came out sweet - I wish I had a tenth of your talent - beautiful

Quick Reply: My Super Duty