Any Experience with Enerburn? - Page 17 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

Any Experience with Enerburn?

Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Experience with Enerburn?

Old 10-09-2018, 12:45 PM
Martin6
Senior User
Martin6 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by fordmantpw View Post
I wonder if there is a huge efficiency difference between DPFs. Mine seems to take forever to regen, and seems to take twice as long as my '08 did. I'm talking 30 minutes at highway speed to complete. It seems crazy long to me.
All my regens have lasted between 30-40 miles to complete. It was like this before using Enerburn and also after going through a 16oz bottle of Enerburn. I've never been able to go the full 500 miles between regens as the process usually starts between 300-350 miles. This has been in all kinds of conditions...highway driving, mountain driving, towing, cold and warm climates. I've even had the regen process stop early during a drive because the egt's got too low.
I hate the idea of wasting fuel during a regen process and considering doing a delete. It was the best thing I ever did to my '08.

Old 10-09-2018, 01:57 PM
fordmantpw
Posting Guru
fordmantpw is a name known to allfordmantpw is a name known to allfordmantpw is a name known to allfordmantpw is a name known to allfordmantpw is a name known to allfordmantpw is a name known to all
With my '08, my regens would complete in about 15-20 miles, whereas my '17 takes 30-40.

Old 11-19-2018, 07:09 PM
harleyjoeky
Junior User
harleyjoeky is starting off with a positive reputation.
You issue sounds EXACTLY like what I experienced. It totally perplexed the 3 Ford dealers that I took it to, as I was throwing absolutely no codes. Even took it to a 4th independent diesel expert, and he didn't know why either. Finally someone on this forum suggested (actually he just stated a fact) that I had a CRACKED def. Made total sense as the dpf wasn't catching all the soot. Since it had no symptoms and the truck was running excellently, there was no way I was going to pay 4500 dollars for a DPF replacement. I scoured the internet and Craigs list, and was lucky enough to find a used complete DPF for my truck year. The guy had removed it to Delete his truck at 20,000 miles. all he asked for it was 400 bucks if I'd pick it up. Drove 150 miles, picked it up, had it installed by an independent ($180.00) and it completely cured the issue.
This had nothing at all to do with the Enerburn. My truck is totally back to normal, and I'm still using Enerburn. The Regens are what they were before. Around 400 t0 500 with normal driving.
With the cracked DPF, I was hitting 500 mile mark and the DPF load was only about 40%. It just wasn't catching the soot.

Old 11-30-2018, 10:55 AM
HRTKD
Post Fiend
HRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant future
My truck is at the dealer for an EGR related check engine light. I'm wondering if they're going to call and ask what additives have been used. I have receipts for PM-23a that I'll show them. I wouldn't think that EGR has that much relation to additives anyhow.

Old 11-30-2018, 11:15 AM
harleyjoeky
Junior User
harleyjoeky is starting off with a positive reputation.
additive

Originally Posted by HRTKD View Post
My truck is at the dealer for an EGR related check engine light. I'm wondering if they're going to call and ask what additives have been used. I have receipts for PM-23a that I'll show them. I wouldn't think that EGR has that much relation to additives anyhow.
I can't see where any additive would make a difference, so just tell them you weren't using any. Nothing in the book says you HAVE to use additive
Joe

Old 11-30-2018, 11:48 AM
SkiSmuggs
Elder User
SkiSmuggs has a good reputation on FTE.SkiSmuggs has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by HRTKD View Post
Any additive that reduces soot should result in a cleaner EGR. PM22a is not one of them as it mostly adds lubricity with very little cetane boost, but if they ask, PM22a is all you used. Let us know what the outcome is.