New FTE member and First F1 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

New FTE member and First F1

Old 08-23-2017, 08:31 AM
nails023
New User
nails023 is starting off with a positive reputation.
New FTE member and First F1

I just purchased a 1952 F1 with the original (as far as I can tell) flathead V8 and will picking it up next week. I found this site while doing some research on the vehicle and thought I would sign up.
I only have a few picks from when my Dad, Father in Law and I were looking at the truck. I will post some more next week after I bring it home. The truck does have the Offy tri-carb set up on it now. It is in driver condition with an older restoration so I am looking forward to putting some miles on it soon.

Old 08-23-2017, 06:37 PM
49f3dls
Posting Guru
49f3dls has much to be proud of49f3dls has much to be proud of49f3dls has much to be proud of49f3dls has much to be proud of49f3dls has much to be proud of49f3dls has much to be proud of49f3dls has much to be proud of49f3dls has much to be proud of
Welcome to the crazy world of FTE. It's a great site for getting information and help. You started off right with posting pics. That's a good looking truck and with tri power carbs! Lucky guy. Have fun post more pics soon.

Old 08-23-2017, 08:46 PM
abe
Post Fiend
abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.
Welcome to FTE the best Ford Truck Forum on the world wide Web!

It looks like it is done well, inside and out! Thanks for the pics.

Old 08-23-2017, 08:49 PM
topmoo
Postmaster
topmoo has a spectacular reputation.topmoo has a spectacular reputation.topmoo has a spectacular reputation.topmoo has a spectacular reputation.topmoo has a spectacular reputation.topmoo has a spectacular reputation.topmoo has a spectacular reputation.topmoo has a spectacular reputation.topmoo has a spectacular reputation.topmoo has a spectacular reputation.topmoo has a spectacular reputation.
It looks great, what a great start to have one in such nice condition! Welcome!

Old 08-23-2017, 09:26 PM
FortyNiner
Postmaster
FortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud of
Welcome! You look to have bought a solid truck. Glad to have you aboard.

Old 08-23-2017, 10:31 PM
HILLBILLY BOB
Posting Guru
HILLBILLY BOB has a great reputation on FTE.HILLBILLY BOB has a great reputation on FTE.HILLBILLY BOB has a great reputation on FTE.HILLBILLY BOB has a great reputation on FTE.HILLBILLY BOB has a great reputation on FTE.HILLBILLY BOB has a great reputation on FTE.
welcome to fte.that is a nice looking truck that you have.you will get all the help that you need here,these are a great bunch of guys. good luck with your truck,now get out there and rive it and let a bunch of people eat their hearts out.

Old 08-23-2017, 10:43 PM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
underthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputationunderthebridgejim has a superb reputation
Congratulations on your new F1, its beautiful , and welcome to the FTE family.

Old 08-24-2017, 03:47 AM
1949f1
Elder User
1949f1 has a very good reputation on FTE.1949f1 has a very good reputation on FTE.1949f1 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Looks great. I posted in the other thread but welcome.

Old 08-24-2017, 05:47 AM
nails023
New User
Thank you everyone for the kind words. I am beyond excited I have wanted one of these for years and finally had the means to do it and found one I liked. I pick it up next week (Current owner has already moved and is coming back next week to do all the paperwork) As soon as I get it and get it cleaned up I will post some more pictures.

Old 08-24-2017, 06:01 AM
Harrier
Post Fiend
Harrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant future
Welcome to FTE! That's a beauty.
I can't wait for more pictures especially the engine.
Drive the heck out of it. These old trucks are a blast.

Old 08-24-2017, 07:15 AM
nails023
New User
Harrier - That is the plan!!

Old 08-24-2017, 11:37 AM
Moe Craig
Postmaster
Moe Craig has a great reputation on FTE.Moe Craig has a great reputation on FTE.Moe Craig has a great reputation on FTE.Moe Craig has a great reputation on FTE.Moe Craig has a great reputation on FTE.Moe Craig has a great reputation on FTE.
Congrats and Welcome!

Old 10-09-2017, 06:52 AM
nails023
New User

Pic of the current tri carb set up. This will be getting overhauled this winter.

I will be going with hard fuel lines when the carbs get rebuilt.

My youngest loves the running boards.

Old 10-09-2017, 06:55 AM
nails023
New User
I also found out after cleaning up the engine bay (It was pretty nasty in there) that I have the 8CM Mercury head covers. We will verify if it is truly a Mercury Flathead when we do some work in the engine later this winter.

Old 10-09-2017, 08:46 AM
EffieTrucker
Kentucky Chapter Member
EffieTrucker has much to be proud ofEffieTrucker has much to be proud ofEffieTrucker has much to be proud ofEffieTrucker has much to be proud ofEffieTrucker has much to be proud ofEffieTrucker has much to be proud ofEffieTrucker has much to be proud ofEffieTrucker has much to be proud ofEffieTrucker has much to be proud ofEffieTrucker has much to be proud of
Nice ride! Very nice.

Welcome to FTE, and to the world of flathead engines.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New FTE member and First F1

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.