September 2017 Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2017, 08:33 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
September 2017 Chat Thread

September is here!!!

Slowly creeping out of summer and heading into fall. I do believe it was a lot cooler this summer than it was last summer.

3 weeks from now I will be burning up the highway heading south for my vacation!!

Old 09-01-2017, 08:33 PM
Big_Texxan
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
this has been fun

monte carlo is basically ready to roll, the car is a basket case of bull. Both efans dont cool the car down at idle, temp climbed to 230. Ac was installed in it, ac doesnt cool because the vacuum or electrical has been hacked. Also 1 of the 2 ac fans is supposed to come on with AC, no, both run at engine temp.... and dont cool. So tomorrow they come pick it up, its leaving, wether the owner likes it or not.

Sargent crack head, tensions got high wednesday, then I decided to apologize because I did snap at him, then things changed. Hes actually good on the phone, good with customers, and good with asking the right questions, so the office guy has been feeling the competition because everyone in the shop has turned on him.

Main reason, he has cost my painter and i over 3k each, and commited 2 illegal falacies which I will not disclose. Painter and I also found issues between estimates and supplements and approval for work. Thursday I was standing around all day, didnt have anything to do, 4pm rolls around and he asks me when this camry is going to get done......... He has seen me standing around, and didnt tell me I had approval. Kept my cool, did the car and met with my lawyer for other reasons (im not in trouble, Im setting up an SCorp)

We found the sarge a niche, and we have begun to teach him how to do the phone, and changing his wardrobe, yada yada. He wants to learn and be good at it.

The office guy sits in a chair all day, calls himself retarded, is always negative, and has a limp and locked up hand (which we noticed changes sides) and has been at home for 2 days, playing the pity party for weed complaining of a migraine....................... but hes fine to visit the shop, and walk around.........................

Old 09-01-2017, 08:36 PM
Big_Texxan
Posting Guru
This is a delicate situation because the sarge and office guy both go way back with the boss. We are hiring someone this week, good guy, well known around town.

Hopefully by banding the sarge and everyone in the shop against the office guy, we will eliminate both of them by the end of this year. It has now become entertaining. The office guy is going to snap, hes done it before, we are pushing the right buttons to build it up... I was buddy buddy with the office guy, but when I found out he was costing me money, Im done with that ****. I dont care if it was my dad, cost me money, bye bye.

Old 09-01-2017, 08:38 PM
Big_Texxan
Posting Guru
I now get to show the boss my custom side. Im flaming a toolbox for a 32 roadster. its going in the trunk, and getting bolted to floor. Red to match the car, white flames, and blue stars. Old skool style scallop flames, with my touch. Im excited

Old 09-01-2017, 10:48 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Jacob
You have a regular 3 ring circus.
Chief lets hope Irma does not hit Fl

Old 09-02-2017, 04:12 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
I bought a new battery for the Lightning and I am going to install it today. I also got the belt and coolant to finish up putting the new water pump in the Suburban. I still need a battery for the tractor but can manage for now. Today I am also going to level out the load of fill dirt I got the first of the week.

We had high drama yesterday over a machine that was sold to another cat dealer. One guy did a very bad job doing a certified used inspection. He found things wrong but not all and they gave him a severe butt chewing. The second guy did not do a good job on cleaning it before it shipped and they fired him. Overall this year the amount of repair work in the shop was low compared to last year. Sales are up but repairs are down. They have a horrible communication problem and they finally realized again that we need a lead mechanic, our section has needed one for over a year. My name was floated around but not sure if I really want the extra headache.

From what I see so far most models show the hurricane looping out to sea but it's really too early to know. Worst case we can delay till later in the year but we have to go before the end of the year or the tickets expire.

Old 09-02-2017, 04:21 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Are they sure they want a former army supervisor as their lead? They may have some turn over when you get back in boss instead of worker bee.

Since our cruise is less than 6 weeks I check the national hurrican center regularly.

They are expecting Irma to turn Monday, I did see it back to a cat 2

Old 09-02-2017, 07:58 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
At this point I'm not sure they know what they want. My name was brought up before and they said I did not have enough time working there to be a lead. I'm not worried about it either way.

Anything forming off of Africa in about 10 days may effect us depending on where it goes.

Old 09-02-2017, 08:17 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Ladt tine I checked the a disturbance behind Irma will kess than 40% chance of developing. If Irema hits Fl it be about 10 days

Old 09-02-2017, 06:14 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
I have been a busy man today. I finished installing the water pump, new thermostat, belts and coolant on the Suburban and then I washed it. Installed the new battery in the Lightning and then washed it. Detailed the 4runner and then vacuumed out the hummer. Vacuumed the pool, leveled the dirt I got the other day and then I mowed grass.

I don't plan on doing any labor on labor day. Might take the boat out.

Old 09-02-2017, 06:30 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
Originally Posted by ChiefM
I have been a busy man today. I finished installing the water pump, new thermostat, belts and coolant on the Suburban and then I washed it. Installed the new battery in the Lightning and then washed it. Detailed the 4runner and then vacuumed out the hummer. Vacuumed the pool, leveled the dirt I got the other day and then I mowed grass.

I don't plan on doing any labor on labor day. Might take the boat out.
glad you got a bunch of stuff done. My highlight was going to Walmart briefly and rideing around on their scooter to get a few things. Tomorrow and Monday even less is planned. If I feel like it may grill steaks Monday.

Old 09-03-2017, 03:11 PM
Big_Texxan
Posting Guru
Now im done with the office guy. Delivered a camry yesturday, was a rush job because of the office guy, fixed both front fenders, replaced the front bumper, and fixed the rear bumper, and did half of it for free because of the dimwit.

He takes all the glory and credit, even though he wasnt here and dropped that ball, said he got rave reviews from both customers and my painter and I recieved no credit.

Um, im sorry, we are a team, I did the repairs, painter did the paint and free buff job, and we both washed, and detailed the car in 8 minutes better than he could have in an hour.

So at church this morning, there is a single mother, 26, who is in need of a job and I told her to come by Tuesday and talk to my boss. She has experience, she is a chick, and she is friendly. Im going to talk to boss tuesday, and tell him if his wife has an issue with it Ill talk to her. Like ****, We need someone who is a team player and doesnt have a negative attitude, who doesnt look like we are a sympathy shop, and for damn sure someone who doesnt call themselves retarted all the time or ask me to shoot them in the hand............................

Old 09-03-2017, 03:12 PM
Big_Texxan
Posting Guru
Cost me money, AND TAKE OUR CREDIT for something he didnt do, **** HIM

Old 09-03-2017, 03:13 PM
Big_Texxan
Posting Guru
Oh, I never found an approved estimate for the supplement I requested, and I never received a part I specifically asked for on the estimate either. but hes the allstar. Audio guy was pissed about it, and my painter didnt take the news lightly. so might have just commited another illegal fallacy.

Old 09-03-2017, 03:20 PM
Big_Texxan
Posting Guru
Irma is looking bad. Looks like the east coast is going to get hit.

What do yall think about all this junk going around that this is Crists coming? Or part of the signs that hes coming?

Quick Reply: September 2017 Chat Thread