Notices

I gambled and maybe I

Old 03-26-2019, 05:38 PM
schoo
Postmaster
schoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to behold
I canít find any vacuum leaks checked with propane.

I checked the IAC it tested good (11 ohms)I checked the elect at the sensor plug and no power(12v)? I think that comes from the computer

i have 2code readers and I canít get any codes or functions (it has a blinking square when working)from the computer they both give 1 click sound from the engine but not sure wear

Old 03-26-2019, 06:10 PM
Glaser67
Senior User
Glaser67 is starting off with a positive reputation.
When you pull codes, are you in neutral or have the clutch pushed all the way in? Wont display codes with engine on otherwise...

Old 03-26-2019, 06:14 PM
schoo
Postmaster
schoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Glaser67 View Post
When you pull codes, are you in neutral or have the clutch pushed all the way in? Wont display codes with engine on otherwise...
in park AOD koeo test doesn’t pull memory codes

Old 03-26-2019, 06:20 PM
Glaser67
Senior User
You're doing good getting at pulling the codes, I think after checking for leaks it's the logical move.

I recommend tracing the wires in the scan port back to the computer, verifying correct pin location, and also remove the connector from the ECU, I've had problems hard to diagnose from the pins not seating all the way and not contacting the ECU. When I did my maf conversion I had to move a wire in the test port also.

I know it's frustrating but stick with it, we're here to help, and feel like we're all invested now!

Old 03-26-2019, 06:26 PM
schoo
Postmaster
I really do think that FTE has the best people anywhere

Old 03-26-2019, 06:38 PM
schoo
Postmaster
Yes I probably need to look at elect I did about 10%.
I was going to check the distributor harness next.

I saw how Chuck did it I canít believe anyone could do wire delete better.

I need to to check the connection on pcm and the pins

Old 03-26-2019, 07:36 PM
fordman75
Postmaster
fordman75 is a splendid one to beholdfordman75 is a splendid one to beholdfordman75 is a splendid one to beholdfordman75 is a splendid one to beholdfordman75 is a splendid one to beholdfordman75 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by schoo View Post
yes the leak is near the knock sensor probably at the wall

I am going to regasket the intake manifold so should I do that before I do any thing else
I never use the end gaskets that come in the the intake gasket sets. I always run a nice thick bead of RTV on the end block walls instead. Let it start to set up and then set the intake in place. Since doing that I've never had them leak there.

Old 03-26-2019, 08:17 PM
schoo
Postmaster
Originally Posted by fordman75 View Post
I never use the end gaskets that come in the the intake gasket sets. I always run a nice thick bead of RTV on the end block walls instead. Let it start to set up and then set the intake in place. Since doing that I've never had them leak there.
yes a friend of mine told me the same thing when I took it apart the wall was sealed with RTV

Old 04-03-2019, 06:01 PM
schoo
Postmaster

Was this the vacuum leak?

Old 04-03-2019, 06:07 PM
Glaser67
Senior User
Personally, I doubt it. I speculate it's residual oil/moisture/vapor from the PCV system, if the marks ran to the edge of the gasket, I'd think otherwise.

How'd your ecu harness and pins look?

Old 04-03-2019, 06:25 PM
schoo
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Glaser67 View Post
Personally, I doubt it. I speculate it's residual oil/moisture/vapor from the PCV system, if the marks ran to the edge of the gasket, I'd think otherwise.

How'd your ecu harness and pins look?
not there yet going sloooow
and no oil on the outside of the lower at that area

Old 04-03-2019, 06:28 PM
schoo
Postmaster
Is the PCV one way valve?

Old 04-04-2019, 09:30 AM
Scndsin
Du Nawt Seek The Treasure
Scndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputation
The PCV is directional but never had one that was 100% seal doing a vac/blow test.

The fat end is engine side, the nipple end is to the manifold vac T/tree.

Haven't seen a new gasket there wet like that so soon.

Old 04-04-2019, 10:00 AM
schoo
Postmaster
That is about 2 hours of running on my the oil up on the manifold but no smoke out the tail pipe

Yes the PCV goes both ways do I need filtered air going in some place

Old 04-05-2019, 12:48 PM
diggerrigger
Senior User
diggerrigger is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by schoo View Post
Yes the PCV goes both ways do I need filtered air going in some place
You ideally would have filtered air entering on the opposite valve cover from the PCV valve. You absolutely must have a way for air to be drawn into and through the engine.

A PCV valve does not flow both ways. It is designed to modulate flow depending on amount of vacuum applied from manifold. In the event of positive pressure in the manifold (backfire), it acts as a check valve to prevent pressurizing the crankcase.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I gambled and maybe I

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.