Notices

I gambled and maybe I

Old 02-20-2019, 03:08 PM
schoo
Postmaster
schoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Scndsin View Post
Is the trans bolted down & you're mating it with the hoist?
yes to some degree trans is on a jack at it’s front, engine is on the hoist but not all the time it’s on the engine mounts,some times on the engine mount bracket without the mount biscuits but it’s so close the locator pins are in past there bevel about 1/2” or so to go. With 2of the TC studs in gauged in the flex plate and two just on the edge I think I can’t see them at the top of the bell

i marked the hole for the TC drain plug on the flex plate and used the matching one on the new flex plate so?

Old 02-20-2019, 03:18 PM
Scndsin
Du Nawt Seek The Treasure
Scndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputation
The TC has studs, right, not bolts?

I'll be honest, I prefer to mount the engine & bring the trans to it.

It's easier (for me) to move around & line up.

Old 02-20-2019, 03:29 PM
schoo
Postmaster
schoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to behold
The TC has studs, right, not bolts?

I'll be honest, I prefer to mount the engine & bring the trans to it.

It's easier (for me) to move around & line up.
yes has studs on the TC and Iím pretty sure the TC snout is in the crank pilot hole, drives me crazy and did I say it cold here

Old 02-20-2019, 04:56 PM
schoo
Postmaster
pic of when I put the engine in the truck the first time note the chain rig on the hoist bar my micky mouse way to get it out of the van the distributor was hitting on the bottom of that bar the bolt ripped the fire wall insulation out of the underside of the dash,the bar was level to the ground.
you can just make out the R&P at the drop down in the oil pan sump

Old 02-20-2019, 10:06 PM
xlt4wd90
Post Fiend
xlt4wd90 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.xlt4wd90 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
If you have doubts about whether the TC fits the flex plate, can you try test fitting just the TC t the FP? I mean, pull the TC off the trans and hold it up against the flex plate just to see if the studs would line up with the holes in the FP, and have the TC nose fitting into the pilot bearing. At least you can verify that they DO fit.

Old 02-20-2019, 10:26 PM
schoo
Postmaster
That would a good third way to check it like I said I put the new one over the old and they matched the I reversed them so?

Old 02-21-2019, 12:54 AM
Scndsin
Scndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputation
Cold? I thought all of Cali stayed at 80* year round.

No heat in your shop?

Old 02-21-2019, 09:18 AM
schoo
Postmaster
Cold? I thought all of Cali stayed at 80* year round.

No heat in your shop?
it is usually nice here we just had a month of this hiís in the low 30ís itís suppose to get to 45 today
I am going to try rotating the engine to see the other end of the flex plate/TC

Old 02-21-2019, 06:37 PM
schoo
Postmaster

hope it works

Old 02-21-2019, 07:29 PM
Scndsin
Everything bolted up square ?

Old 02-21-2019, 09:08 PM
schoo
Postmaster
Everything bolted up square ?
Iím still judging that as this is my first auto trans was able to push them together less than a quarter inch to pull with bolts,
i was with my grandson most of the day way more important than an old truck

Old 02-21-2019, 09:14 PM
schoo
Postmaster
This was a few weeks ago

Old 02-21-2019, 09:33 PM
Scndsin
Without a doubt in re grand kids.

You should be able to line up the studs on the TC, push the block/trans together.

If you draw them tight & square, there should still be a bit fore/aft movement between the TC/Flex plate & the nuts draw the TC forward to the flex.

Old 02-22-2019, 09:29 AM
schoo
Postmaster
Without a doubt in re grand kids.

You should be able to line up the studs on the TC, push the block/trans together.

If you draw them tight & square, there should still be a bit fore/aft movement between the TC/Flex plate & the nuts draw the TC forward to the flex.
going to check it again this morning Iím not happy with the way theTC is going in

Old 02-22-2019, 11:21 AM
schoo
Postmaster
Originally Posted by schoo View Post

going to check it again this morning Iím not happy with the way theTC is going in
wrong pilot bearing

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I gambled and maybe I

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.