Notices

I gambled and maybe I

Old 02-07-2019, 04:37 PM
schoo
Postmaster
schoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by schoo View Post

Number 8 is above

I think the pattern is a little tighter in the black sharpie Both are number 8 Black is shimmed. 1.7 rockers the push rods are not centered in the holes through the head I’ll have to ck them out as I go

Old 02-07-2019, 05:39 PM
baddad457
Post Fiend
baddad457 has a great reputation on FTE.baddad457 has a great reputation on FTE.baddad457 has a great reputation on FTE.baddad457 has a great reputation on FTE.baddad457 has a great reputation on FTE.baddad457 has a great reputation on FTE.
I wouldn't worry about the pushrods as long as they're not rubbing the head. If they do, then you can use hardened pushrods here. These were made for use with guide plates which are harder than the cast iron heads.

Old 02-07-2019, 08:39 PM
schoo
Postmaster
schoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by baddad457 View Post
I wouldn't worry about the pushrods as long as they're not rubbing the head. If they do, then you can use hardened pushrods here. These were made for use with guide plates which are harder than the cast iron heads.
ok I think the pushrods are harden any way

Old 02-08-2019, 10:00 AM
70f100longbed
Posting Guru
70f100longbed has a great reputation on FTE.70f100longbed has a great reputation on FTE.70f100longbed has a great reputation on FTE.70f100longbed has a great reputation on FTE.
Your torque converter is ballooned and shouldn't be used. Nice build BTW.

Old 02-08-2019, 10:45 AM
xlt4wd90
Post Fiend
xlt4wd90 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.xlt4wd90 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Are you using checking springs?

I'm trying to do exactly the same thing right now, but I'm using Comp's checking springs, and they're not stiff enough for the roller tips to leave a mark in the ink.

But if I try that on the real spring, I force the plunger in the lifter down, effectively making the pushrod shorter than it actually is.

Maybe I should find a different marker and try again with the checking springs.

Old 02-08-2019, 11:40 AM
Scndsin
Du Nawt Seek The Treasure
Scndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputation
I used a Moroso set of checking springs that you could compress with your fingers & genuine "dry erase" marker pen...

Yielded a pretty nice witness mark.

Old 02-08-2019, 03:04 PM
Glaser67
Senior User
Glaser67 is starting off with a positive reputation.
For what its worth I used a dry erase marker and packed my lifter with washers so it was solid.

Old 02-08-2019, 03:20 PM
schoo
Postmaster
I checked 10 and the pattern were the same as far as I could tell but the preload was a little inconsistent range was.028 thru .038 I didn’t note which were which I’m fighting the cold in the shop and came back in

Old 02-08-2019, 03:22 PM
schoo
Postmaster
Originally Posted by 70f100longbed View Post
Your torque converter is ballooned and shouldn't be used. Nice build BTW.
the transmission guy said it was the flex plate. How to ck balloon in the TQ?

Old 02-08-2019, 03:26 PM
schoo
Postmaster
Good guy

I got my fuel injectors back today Mr. injector did a great job

Old 02-08-2019, 08:57 PM
xlt4wd90
Post Fiend
xlt4wd90 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.xlt4wd90 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
OK, I need to get some dry erase markers. I don't want to disassemble my lifters; I just know that if I try, I'm going to get springs shooting into the dark corners of my garage, never to be found again.

Old 02-10-2019, 04:42 PM
schoo
Postmaster

Itís amazing what can get done if the snow melts

Old 02-10-2019, 04:57 PM
fordman75
Postmaster
fordman75 is a splendid one to beholdfordman75 is a splendid one to beholdfordman75 is a splendid one to beholdfordman75 is a splendid one to beholdfordman75 is a splendid one to beholdfordman75 is a splendid one to behold

Itís amazing what can get done if the snow melts
Must be nice!! I look out my window as more snow falls..

Your engine is looking good!

Old 02-10-2019, 05:07 PM
schoo
Postmaster
Smile

Originally Posted by fordman75 View Post
Must be nice!! I look out my window as more snow falls..

Your engine is looking good!
the weatherman says the snow is back Tuesday thru the rest of the week but I leave for Tucson Monday

Old 02-10-2019, 05:10 PM
fordman75
Postmaster
fordman75 is a splendid one to beholdfordman75 is a splendid one to beholdfordman75 is a splendid one to beholdfordman75 is a splendid one to beholdfordman75 is a splendid one to beholdfordman75 is a splendid one to behold

the weatherman says the snow is back Tuesday thru the rest of the week but I leave for Tucson Monday
Yep more snow here to tomorrow/Tuesday, Then more on Thursday. Seems like we're in a little storm train. Every other day or so more snow.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I gambled and maybe I

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.