Sponsored by: DP Tuner

*** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2018, 09:27 AM
ZachinCO
More Turbo
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ArmyLifer

Match is at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs. I’ll be here for another 9 days, so I might be able to break away one evening.
That's cool, haven't been to the OTC in a long time. Hmm maybe this weekend, we'll see.
Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter
The hardest part about changing banks today is getting all those automated payments switched over.
I have 0 automated payments, don't like the thought. I'm kinda old fashion, still write checks for bills.

Old 11-28-2018, 10:45 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,443 Likes on 2,841 Posts
Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter
The hardest part about changing banks today is getting all those automated payments switched over.
Originally Posted by ZachinCO

I have 0 automated payments, don't like the thought. I'm kinda old fashion, still write checks for bills.
I have 1 auto payment and that is for term life insurance because it MUST be set up that way for the deal I got. Other than that, I pay the bills myself. I don't like companies having control of getting into our accounts unless I say it is OK. Since I only get paid once a month, it take about 20 minutes to "do the bills" and move funds around per month and we are back at it again.

Still looking forward to what Byron has to say. If it is something that may be useful to me in the future, I plan to save his advice in a file on my laptop.

Old 11-28-2018, 01:29 PM
hydro man 17
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
" I don't like companies having control of getting into our accounts unless I say it is OK."

Just went though this yesterday. Wanted to pay a bill on line and the company wanted all of my banking information. Checking acct., all of the routing information ETC. for a $10.00 charge that was bogus to begin with.

Old 11-28-2018, 03:26 PM
Walleye Hunter
Hotshot
Received 888 Likes on 625 Posts
Originally Posted by hydro man 17
" I don't like companies having control of getting into our accounts unless I say it is OK."

Just went though this yesterday. Wanted to pay a bill on line and the company wanted all of my banking information. Checking acct., all of the routing information ETC. for a $10.00 charge that was bogus to begin with.
Do you have a box on the lower right part of your screen that has "quote on it under my post here?

Old 11-28-2018, 03:35 PM
hydro man 17
Posting Guru
Mark, Yes I do! Never noticed it before. I am afraid that I am not very computer literate. Used them a lot with work but with specific programs that are way different than what we have here.

Old 11-28-2018, 04:13 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
Ok, so long story short, I will be changing banks. They did not rule in my favor and will NOT provide me the charge summary or an IP address as to how or where this took place. I have another local bank that I used for my ranching expenses, so I pulled out all of my $$ and put it in there for now. I will be waiting until we get back home to open a new account with a California Bank I used to have and was always very happy with.

USAA was difficult at best. My politeness went out the window with "we cannot provide you with that information" regarding the summary or where and how it took place. I have been with USAA for a decade. This is the third time this has happened and second time in the last year. I am not sure what to say about any of it. My money is out of the account and I will close it this week. Yes, I have automatic bills on some stuff, but this event is going to cause me to go old school again and I am good with that.....cuz this is absolute horsechit. Taking control back....that is how I see it. Live and learn.

Old 11-28-2018, 04:15 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
Originally Posted by Sous
I have 1 auto payment and that is for term life insurance because it MUST be set up that way for the deal I got. Other than that, I pay the bills myself. I don't like companies having control of getting into our accounts unless I say it is OK. Since I only get paid once a month, it take about 20 minutes to "do the bills" and move funds around per month and we are back at it again.

Still looking forward to what Byron has to say. If it is something that may be useful to me in the future, I plan to save his advice in a file on my laptop.
Sous, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I was waiting for everything to play out. I wouldn't encourage somebody to leave USAA if they have had really good track record with them. It sounds like in your case you've dealt with a different set of people and much better circumstances. I'm not sure why they are treating me this way or what the problem is, but I put an end it and took control back by removing all of my money and putting it into a different account. One of the three people I spoke with told me the analysts information was good and their decision was final. needless to say, they did get pretty quiet when I mentioned Federal regulations of what my rights were as far as liability limits.

Old 11-28-2018, 04:21 PM
Walleye Hunter
Hotshot
Originally Posted by hydro man 17
Mark, Yes I do! Never noticed it before. I am afraid that I am not very computer literate. Used them a lot with work but with specific programs that are way different than what we have here.
If you click on that "quote button you get what you see above this post. It will make your life easier.

Old 11-28-2018, 04:23 PM
Walleye Hunter
Hotshot
Originally Posted by BBslider001
Sous, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I was waiting for everything to play out. I wouldn't encourage somebody to leave USAA if they have had really good track record with them. It sounds like in your case you've dealt with a different set of people and much better circumstances. I'm not sure why they are treating me this way or what the problem is, but I put an end it and took control back by removing all of my money and putting it into a different account. One of the three people I spoke with told me the analysts information was good and their decision was final. needless to say, they did get pretty quiet when I mentioned Federal regulations of what my rights were as far as liability limits.
I'm with you, my experiences are mine alone and are no reflection on how your experiences will be. But...if someone else does have issues at least they know that they are in good company with us.

Old 11-28-2018, 04:47 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,443 Likes on 2,841 Posts
I know USAA has gotten much, much bigger than they used to be years ago. Sucks that you had such a bad experience, but I would more than likely be doing the same thing you are now if I was wronged, especially twice...

Fraud is just a part of our lives now and it is not going to get any better anytime soon. How we are treated by our institutions when the fraud is claimed against should be a primary concern for financial institutions.

Good luck to you, and no worries Byron, life is busy...

Old 11-28-2018, 05:32 PM
hydro man 17
Posting Guru
Mark, thanks for the heads up.

Old 11-28-2018, 08:17 PM
Colorado350
Postmaster
Received 119 Likes on 84 Posts
I can’t win for losing, putting the EBP Tube and sensor on I removed the belt. I went to put the belt back on, must not had the ratchet seated. Luckily Ford will semi match Clay’s price and can get it fixed tomorrow.

Old 11-28-2018, 08:19 PM
Walleye Hunter
Hotshot
I see where Murphy's at.

Old 11-28-2018, 10:53 PM
Wes444
Logistics Pro
Received 1,132 Likes on 644 Posts
Old 11-29-2018, 02:04 PM
hydro man 17
Posting Guru
[QUOTE=Walleye Hunter; I see where Murphy's at.

You mean that he finally left my house?

Quick Reply: *** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***