Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

*** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***

Old 11-24-2018, 06:49 AM
mecdac
Lead Driver
Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by Wesley Green
Congrats mecdac! I know how excited i get just going to look at a prospective new to us one, bet you are on cloud 9 already knowing you are actually bringing it back with you. We looked at the end tire line of cougar half 5th wheels recently, very nice looking brand. Cant find a floorplan that fits our needs yet
Thanks, we looked at Cougar and Grand Designs. Wife ended up liking the Cougar better, it's a bit more practical. While Grand Designs are very well appointed and thought out, the Cougar has an outside bicycle storage door and more fresh water capacity among other things. Our first trip is going to Bardstown, KY for a visit to Loretto, KY in three weeks. There's a barrel with my name on it.

Old 11-24-2018, 08:58 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
Originally Posted by mecdac
Going to pick up our new(er) to us TT https://www.keystonerv.com/travel-tr...ravel-trailer/ this morning at 9:00 AM.
Woo hooo!!! I totally get this excitement. You get to see how your truck tows....you get to enjyo the new trailer....you get to dream about future trips....all a great day! Looking forward to photos!!

Old 11-24-2018, 09:06 AM
HD Rider
Cargo Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by BBslider001
I'll just leave this here

https://youtu.be/L_AY8bH3vxY
Boy, those guys should be able to have my whole truck done before lunch.

Old 11-24-2018, 09:15 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Originally Posted by HD Rider
Boy, those guys should be able to have my whole truck done before lunch.
Haha. right? They have other ones with other engines, but I love the Ford flatheads.

Old 11-24-2018, 09:26 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,435 Likes on 2,839 Posts
I'll just leave this here

https://youtu.be/L_AY8bH3vxY
Very cool video, thanks for sharing it with us. I wish I had the resources and talent to perform work like that, maybe one day.

Going to pick up our new(er) to us TT https://www.keystonerv.com/travel-tr...ravel-trailer/ this morning at 9:00 AM.
Congrats! If you go up I-85 on your trip, honk at us when you go by Dad's restaurant off exit 177.

Old 11-24-2018, 11:24 AM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Haha. right? They have other ones with other engines, but I love the Ford flatheads.
That was a cool vid. I'd never really looked at the flathead design. I enjoyed watching that.

...and more fresh water capacity among other things.
I've never quite understood why they can put huge freshwater tanks on toy haulers, but they skimp badly on non-toy haulers. The fresh water capacity is one of the first things I look at when I peruse the floor plans available.

Stewart

Old 11-24-2018, 11:36 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Stewart_H
That was a cool vid. I'd never really looked at the flathead design. I enjoyed watching that.

I've never quite understood why they can put huge freshwater tanks on toy haulers, but they skimp badly on non-toy haulers. The fresh water capacity is one of the first things I look at when I peruse the floor plans available.

Stewart
Stew, maybe they are taking the "boondocking" possibility into account? Usually, and I use the term loosely, toyhauler owners boondock more than regular RVers. Just my 2 cents. Hope you had a great thanksgiving!!

Old 11-24-2018, 11:59 AM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Stew, maybe they are taking the "boondocking: possibility into account? Usually, and I use the term loosely, toyhauler owners boondock more than regular RVers. Just my 2 cents. Hope you had a great thanksgiving!!
Oh I'm sure that's the reason. I guess to me, the disparity is so great as to defy logic.

Had a great Turkey Day, thanks! The wife cooked the whole meal by herself. The first time in 9 years since she became disabled that she was able to handle the holiday cooking on her own. It's taken 9 long years but she's finally back on her feet.

Stewart

Last edited by Stewart_H; 11-24-2018 at 12:07 PM.
Old 11-24-2018, 12:22 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,435 Likes on 2,839 Posts
Although, adding a fresh water tank is the easiest of them all to add because you don't have to worry about draining debris out like you a do a black or gray tank. Add a second or auxiliary fresh water tank and plumb them together, Just something to consider.

Good to hear your wife is back on her feet and getting around well Stewart.

Old 11-24-2018, 01:49 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Sous
Good to hear your wife is back on her feet and getting around well Stewart.
Thanks, it's not been an easy road, but 7 surgeries on both knees in 7 years, with the last surgery being 2 1/2 years ago, and she's STILL nowhere near 100%, but she's no longer on any pain meds, which is good. She was on some form of opioid pain reliever, Percocet, Vicodin, Tramadol, Oxycontin (two different kinds, long acting and fast acting), 24 hours a day for almost 6 years because of the problems she had, the multiple surgeries, and the attempts at post-surgical recovery (which all failed, leading to more surgeries) until the last two final surgeries finally fixed both knees. Full titanium, no nickel.

She had a lot of docs and surgeons over that time period. One doc she was required to have was specifically for her opioid prescription between surgeries, because her surgeons can only prescribe pain meds for recovery, but she was always in pain even after the "standard" recovery time (we finally discovered why). That specific pain management doctor said that because my wife was on several opioids for such a long time, she'd never fully be off of them and she'd need to have a pain management doc monitoring her opioid intake and prescribing her pain meds for the rest of her life. She told him to get bent and after her upcoming surgery (the last one she had 2 1/2 years ago), she wouldn't need his services anymore. He said she couldn't do it, but wished us luck.

After she fully recovered from the last surgery, it only took her 6 weeks to wean herself from the Oxy. She's only on turmeric now for her lingering soreness (muscle and tendon, not joint pain anymore). She hasn't had anything stronger than turmeric and the occasional stiff drink since that 6th week.

She's my Wonder Woman. Although I guess Super Woman is probably more apropos considering my avatar.

Stewart

Last edited by Stewart_H; 11-24-2018 at 01:51 PM.
Old 11-24-2018, 02:40 PM
hydro man 17
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stewart,
Good to hear that she has gotten through most of it. Up in my neck of the woods the doctors have decided that none of them will even prescribe Oxycontin, or much of anything other than Hydrocodone for that matter. Probably need to go all the way to Sacramento to get those kind of meds.

Old 11-24-2018, 02:45 PM
Colorado350
Postmaster
Received 119 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by Stewart_H
Thanks, it's not been an easy road, but 7 surgeries on both knees in 7 years, with the last surgery being 2 1/2 years ago, and she's STILL nowhere near 100%, but she's no longer on any pain meds, which is good. She was on some form of opioid pain reliever, Percocet, Vicodin, Tramadol, Oxycontin (two different kinds, long acting and fast acting), 24 hours a day for almost 6 years because of the problems she had, the multiple surgeries, and the attempts at post-surgical recovery (which all failed, leading to more surgeries) until the last two final surgeries finally fixed both knees. Full titanium, no nickel.

She had a lot of docs and surgeons over that time period. One doc she was required to have was specifically for her opioid prescription between surgeries, because her surgeons can only prescribe pain meds for recovery, but she was always in pain even after the "standard" recovery time (we finally discovered why). That specific pain management doctor said that because my wife was on several opioids for such a long time, she'd never fully be off of them and she'd need to have a pain management doc monitoring her opioid intake and prescribing her pain meds for the rest of her life. She told him to get bent and after her upcoming surgery (the last one she had 2 1/2 years ago), she wouldn't need his services anymore. He said she couldn't do it, but wished us luck.

After she fully recovered from the last surgery, it only took her 6 weeks to wean herself from the Oxy. She's only on turmeric now for her lingering soreness (muscle and tendon, not joint pain anymore). She hasn't had anything stronger than turmeric and the occasional stiff drink since that 6th week.

She's my Wonder Woman. Although I guess Super Woman is probably more apropos considering my avatar.

Stewart
‘Sounds like a strong woman Stewart. Glad she’s making progress without the nasty stuff, way too many side effects.

Old 11-24-2018, 02:50 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Colorado350
‘Sounds like a strong woman Stewart. Glad she’s making progress without the nasty stuff, way too many side effects.
She's gotta be strong, because I'm breaking down now, LOL!

Stewart

Old 11-24-2018, 02:50 PM
Colorado350
Postmaster
Received 119 Likes on 84 Posts

I put a pork shoulder in the rotisserie this morning. Looking very good....

Old 11-24-2018, 02:51 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Damn you scientists for not creating a scratch and sniff monitor screen!

Stewart

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: *** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***