Hotshot
Received 199 Likes on 107 Posts
Nine characters.

Old 08-13-2018, 12:11 PM
ZachinCO
More Turbo
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter
If it was possible I'd be happy to hook you up. We've had enough rain here to put out all of the western fires this year.
That's a lot of rain!

No measurable rain in the last 7 days in my neck and my pastures show it.

Old 08-13-2018, 12:14 PM
hydro man 17
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No rain in my neck of the woods for about three months now. But we have fires to make up for it!

Old 08-13-2018, 03:41 PM
ZachinCO
More Turbo
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by hydro man 17
No rain in my neck of the woods for about three months now. But we have fires to make up for it!
I've got a buddy in Yreka, not good either.

Old 08-13-2018, 04:28 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,460 Likes on 2,850 Posts
Relatively on the topic of water...

My wife and I just received two life jackets for our dogs from Amazon. We were on the fence about which brand and style to get, but finally decided on the one pictured and linked below.

When we camp, which is quite a bit, we like to take our dogs with us on the paddle boards that we bring with us. In the event that there is a spill, the dogs would be left to fend for themselves until we could attempt to get them back on the board. If they panic, and take off the wrong way across the lake or ocean (have not had them in the Atlantic yet, but that time is coming), then it would be a race to catch up to them and try to get them to safety.

With the life vests, they are capable of swimming much further and if they become exhausted, they will float in place.

There is a handle with the proper orientation for picking them up. There is reflective striping in quite a few places for hours of dark or low light and the top of the vest is a bright orange for high visibility.

Our smaller dog can get rolled by the waves at the beach when we are there. We plan to have his vest on in case this happens and he cannot right himself before the wave rolls back out. Both of our dogs are very strong swimmers, but everything has its limits and I would be pretty pissed off at myself if I lost one of my dogs because I didn't want to spend $25 on a vest for them.

Anyway, just thought I would share something that we recently learned about and took action on.

Amazon Amazon

Old 08-13-2018, 07:07 PM
SaintITC
Fleet Mechanic
Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
My friend's mutt jumped out of his ski boat in the middle of Lake George NY once when Bob let go of the ski rope. We're doing about 20mph when that pooch hit what we're sure she thought was solid ground Dog was fine, funny as heck though. Bob and I probably spent ten minutes swimming after her trying to get her back in the boat.

On another happy note, a restaurant called the Muddy Cow outside Minneapolis always has 2 for 1 beers! What's an Irish sailor to do?

Old 08-13-2018, 09:27 PM
Silverhks
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wesley Green
I was curious so got a quote to Jet-Hot coat the exhuast manifolds, up pipes, collector, and turbine housing They b smoking da good stuff

Pfft
That's absolutely insane! I've had plenty of things coated and it shouldn't be anywhere like that.
Send Swaintech an email and see what they say. Their white lighting is spectacular. I had an EJ header, uppipe, housing, and downpipe done for ~500, if I remember correctly. It has been a while though.

Old 08-14-2018, 09:52 AM
timmyboy76
Lead Driver
Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts
The past few years, i got into paddleboarding. Awesome scenery and good for trynbto stay young, but ..i sure hurt afterwards. Doheny beach here, in Dana Point, i to be the best marina to board. Seems everyone besides me, has their pups as guidance or co pilot..its cool
On truck note, last month when towingvto Mammoth, noticed when, when truck downshifted so rpms hit 3k+, it made a screech sound..not sure if comp wheel hitn, belt slipn or b[ost leaking,...so, ordered up a set of plenum boots with clamps. Arrived yesterday so i hot some wrenchingvto do. Gunna test turbo while there..truck performed "good" overall. A little disappointed with even having 4.10, it still struggled in ways...not sure if TQ or trans tired or a slight boost leak..etc, but no way would i strap HD-Riders gooseneck load to my rig..
****goin to the padre casa now. Will enrichen him with the centramatic group buy idea

Old 08-14-2018, 10:23 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
We have 2 inflatable paddleboards and use them as often as we can. We live about 1 mile from Lake Hartwell (which is a massive lake) and take the opportunity to be on the lake every chance we get.

We have taken the boards to the Atlantic beach each time we have went, but the waves are usually too intimidating for us to try it out. We are hoping to give the boards a shot on the ocean in a couple of weeks.

One of our dogs (large Shih tzu) absolutely loves to be on the board. He gets upset if he doesn't get to go for some reason. The other (Lab/Samoyed/Wolf mix) was just trained to be on the board on our last camping trip. She is about 85 lbs and during training is when we had thought about the life jackets for them. We hope that they never have to use them, but at least if we do take a spill and they panic we can chase them down without worry of them drowning or not being seen.

I never did call Centramatic the other day about the passenger cars I have...

Old 08-14-2018, 01:35 PM
Bonanza35
Lead Driver

Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts
Tim, you don't have a tuner do you? I found with the 40 or 60 HP tune it really works. I have the dually with 4.10, It worked okay before but with those tunes, you don't know it's back there. EGT's seem to be in check. Not really pulling over 10K so that makes a difference to.

Old 08-15-2018, 08:54 AM
Wes444
Logistics Pro
Received 1,133 Likes on 645 Posts
Old 08-15-2018, 10:47 AM
timmyboy76
Lead Driver
Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts
Haha..tight lines Wes!
Nah, Chet..thoughts always been that something is compromised with adding a chip/tuner..trailer wasnt that heavy for ger to struggle abit...
Done the paddleboard past the jetty and into open waters. Made to bouy and thought, this was a REALLY bad idea..
**talked with the pops yesterday. He on board with the group buy centramatic idea. Will start thread and see how much interest there is, for him then, to make a call and plead the case of interest. Common sense says, a 10% disvount aint worth the time but will see whats said

Old 08-15-2018, 10:51 AM
Glowplugger
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Wesley Green

We've got rain every day this week and most of last. This pic made my day. Thanks Wes!

Old 08-15-2018, 11:09 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by timmyboy76
**talked with the pops yesterday. He on board with the group buy centramatic idea. Will start thread and see how much interest there is, for him then, to make a call and plead the case of interest. Common sense says, a 10% disvount aint worth the time but will see whats said
I would be interested in a set for the truck (SRW) and a set of 4 for the 5th wheel if the ones from their Airstream line fit it. It would be great if we could get 15-20% off, but I will wait to move on them until I hear from you or your thread in the future.

I am thinking about long term use here. We have several trips planned this fall, but will be traveling the country again next year with the truck, 5th wheel and Subaru as a chase vehicle.

Old 08-15-2018, 11:21 AM
Wes444
Logistics Pro
Received 1,133 Likes on 645 Posts
Originally Posted by Glowplugger
We've got rain every day this week and most of last. This pic made my day. Thanks Wes!
Figured with all the talk of rain on here i just had to share it when i saw it. Its been raining here past 3 days. Streets at or above the curbs a couple times

Quick Reply: *** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***