Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Old 07-23-2018, 09:30 AM
brian42
Post Fiend
brian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ZachinCO View Post
The people who ruined CA(IMO it's not the same place I grew up) are the ones who moved from back east. Now that I'm in Colofornia(as the native CO folks like to call it) lots of folks are surprised I like to hunt, own horses and cattle and I'm from CA.
Out here people are surprised that I actually take my 4wd truck off-road.

Is there still a rodeo in Lakeside?
Yes there is. I live about 20 minutes north in Poway.

Originally Posted by Wesley Green View Post
I hear you about the hair part. Reviewing the security footage around our house i saw the top of my head the other week, looks a little thinner from above than I'd hope
I've been shaving my head for the better part of 10 years now. Not long ago (when I retired from the military) my wife asked me to grow it out since she hadn't seen it in so long. At her behest (and against my better judgement) I let it grow. It didn't take me long to realize that it was a LOT thinner than it used to be. I felt like one of the "before" pictures in the Hair Club for Men commercials.

After about a month my wife also agreed that I was better as a cueball. To add insult to injury one of my coworkers told me (after I shaved it again) that the first few weeks of my "experiment" were not very flattering.

Old 07-23-2018, 11:06 AM
brandon_oma#692
Posting Guru
brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by HD Rider View Post
After vacation, I usually have to go back to work to get some rest.
yep that is today. Boss sent me a message around midnight saying go ahead and stay home. I slept in and came in 2 hours later than normal.

Old 07-23-2018, 01:12 PM
ZachinCO
Senior User
ZachinCO is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by BBslider001 View Post
hahahahaha.....I always said the same thing. if I ever get the bologna slap on my head, off it goes for good.
I have to stay with #1 guard per the Mrs. I'm not allowed to get out the BIC.

Old 07-23-2018, 01:30 PM
Wesley Green
Posting Guru
Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.
No guard. Easier to clean n oil the clippers. Been cutting my hair like that since i was 17, afraid i need to start stocking more Bics. The aftershave sure does sting more on my head than my face

Just got back from a "half" day of monthly training. Stupid chairs were so uncomfortable. Now to go mow the yards n finally wash off all that Cali dust that stuck to the truck n trailer during their "rainstorm" not allowed to wash vehicles there in their drought, or at any of the campgrounds we were at.

Old 07-23-2018, 05:59 PM
Tugly
Post Fiend
Tugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputation
Vacation arrives soon for me.
  1. "Accidentally" leave phone on charger at home
  2. Drive boat to lake and launch
  3. Boat to anchorage
  4. Anchor
  5. Turn on satellite radio
  6. Open beverage
  7. Repeat steps 3 through 5 once each day, and step 6 hourly until end of day.

Old 07-23-2018, 08:29 PM
timmyboy76
Post Fiend
timmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud of
I have to stay with #1 guard per the Mrs. I'm not allowed to get out the BIC.
ill bust out the "blend" clip and go at it. Ive bic't it b4 but it looks like i have a handle atop my head where moms carried me out when born

Had to cut vacation short. Stay was til today but thursday n friday got hammered with hail in the afternoons. Called it quits and packed up saturday morning. I did go ahead and book a spot or next july👍. With all the cabovers and t'ers amongst me, i put toyhauler up on clist this morning and sold it in 2hrs...💰..great times and ready for another quick wkend in 2wks..daughter, after seeing the back country pics, wants to go this time to snap away with new camera from xmas..

Silver lake

Old 07-23-2018, 09:12 PM
Wesley Green
Posting Guru
Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Tugly View Post
6. Open beverage

Repeat steps 3 through 5 once each day, and step 6 hourly until end of day.
Hourly? Are you using a coffee stirring straw?

Old 07-23-2018, 09:56 PM
SaintITC
Posting Guru
SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.
I don't think he's the Captain. Ship's Steward, maybe First Mate!

Old 07-24-2018, 06:32 AM
Tugly
Post Fiend
Tugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputation
The binoculars do me no good if I drink too fast, plus I miss out on a lot of relaxation if I'm passed out.

Old 07-27-2018, 04:27 PM
ZachinCO
Senior User
ZachinCO is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
You need to come to CO and catch some native greenbacks!.
Speaking of greenbacks! Had a chance to stop by a few streams on the way home from Pagosa Springs yesterday.

Native Colorado Greenback Cutthroat

Old 07-27-2018, 08:05 PM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
BBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant future
Speaking of greenbacks! Had a chance to stop by a few streams on the way home from Pagosa Springs yesterday.

It never ceases to amaze me how big of a meal those little buggers will try to swallow

Old 07-28-2018, 01:03 AM
Colorado350
Postmaster
Colorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to behold
So killing time last night researching D60's and 10.5's to put tons under my jeep, I came across this video. I never considered VW as a tow rig. Pretty amazing engineering and thinking... Being able to turn 360* a “drive” the camper into a spot would be a lot easier for the majority of people.

Old 07-28-2018, 05:46 AM
Walleye Hunter
Post Fiend
Walleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to behold

That looks like something I'd call a rainbow trout but I don't qualify as an expert in the field.
Originally Posted by Colorado350 View Post
So killing time last night researching D60's and 10.5's to put tons under my jeep, I came across this video. I never considered VW as a tow rig. Pretty amazing engineering and thinking...

https://youtu.be/SpwH9WeVEfU
That's something else!

Old 07-30-2018, 07:27 AM
Wesley Green
Posting Guru
Morning buds. Rainy day here. Making out my winter truck projects list.
Other than the normal stuff i see you fellows also mention, my exhaust manifolds are quite rusty and making me debate yanking them off, sand blasting, and having them ceramic coated, then wrapped just so i dont have to see them look like crap from a 60s dodge staring at me anytime the hood is up, or i see them in the wheel well.

Old 07-30-2018, 08:44 AM
Firefighter 1406
Postmaster
Firefighter 1406 has a great reputation on FTE.Firefighter 1406 has a great reputation on FTE.Firefighter 1406 has a great reputation on FTE.Firefighter 1406 has a great reputation on FTE.Firefighter 1406 has a great reputation on FTE.
If you are gonna pull the manifolds and live in winter salt country. I recommend torching the bolts off. Pulling off the manifold and then spinning the stubs left out. Just did that on the engine I bought and it worked great.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: *******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.