Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

*** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2018, 07:17 AM
Walleye Hunter
Hotshot
Received 888 Likes on 625 Posts
Duct tape works too but it has to be applied when the surface is dry. That Grand Canyon is breathtaking. Just imagine how it was formed and where did all of that water get to? How are the crowds there this time of year?

Old 07-21-2018, 08:00 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
Originally Posted by brian42
Don't forget that all Californians surf too.
Wellllllllll, I can't say much about this. The majority of my free time was spent sliding the days away. I even competed a little bit on the LB circuit some years back LOL.....but yeah, it's like saying all Texans wear 10 gallon hats and ride horses. It just ain't so.

Originally Posted by Colorado350

I heard that about you Byron, how's that working for you in Nebraska? I imagine you trying to ride a horse high...
LOL John.....it would help with some of these broncy colts I get on. Might help me stay on better being all relaxed and all.

Originally Posted by Wesley Green
Howdy gents. Back in the land of 4g and wifi campgrounds.

Grand Canyon is only covered by Verizon good couple days there.

Had a long/rough day here but we're still kicking Just drank my adult mixed beverage after 3 of the 4 kiddos fell asleep. Had the awning jump out of my hands stowing in the wind, needless to say it's top layer is ripped up a bit, but still looks fine when its extended out. Looks like crap all rolled up n stored. at least the fam got to see a lot of elk and mule deer a few feet from our 5th wheel those days in the park campground

Then at our second pit stop today i saw a steady water drip from under the trailer, upon inspection i see that the fresh tank had a long split in the side 3" from the bottom so i might have enough water in the bottom of the tank to flush the toilet once after it sloshes around on this awful stretch of i40 in Arizona. 15 minutes later i pick up a vibration, upon very close inspection at the closest pull out i saw the pass rear tire has a bulge in the tread. So i swap out that eggshaped tire with the new spare. Of course every tire store we stopped at was already closed for the day so we drove the 250 miles to our next stop praying we don't need another spare on this aweful stretch of road puckering up at every pothole.

In Albuquerque tonight, tire store in the morning then East bound on 40 till the kids or adventure say no more for the day. Now that my drink is empty n all kids are asleep its time to blow out the lantern for the night Stay safe out there
Sure have enjoyed following along on your trip Wes! At least you have had minimal trouble.

Originally Posted by Colorado350

Great pic Wesley, in regards to your leaking water tank give Flex tape for a quick fix. I’ve used it with great success with emergency fixes.
I keep seeing commercials for this stuff. It really works that well? I may have to get some.

Old 07-21-2018, 08:27 AM
Walleye Hunter
Hotshot
Received 888 Likes on 625 Posts
Originally Posted by BBslider001
Wellllllllll, I can't say much about this. The majority of my free time was spent sliding the days away. I even competed a little bit on the LB circuit some years back LOL.....but yeah, it's like saying all Texans wear 10 gallon hats and ride horses. It just ain't so.

LOL John.....it would help with some of these broncy colts I get on. Might help me stay on better being all relaxed and all.

Sure have enjoyed following along on your trip Wes! At least you have had minimal trouble.

I keep seeing commercials for this stuff. It really works that well? I may have to get some.
I bought the spray to seal the joints in my long gutter runs and it does not work. I can't really say that it's the product's fault, it fails because the gutters expand and contract and tear the stuff right off. But being my first experience with his products the misleading advertising has turned me off.

Old 07-21-2018, 09:40 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,459 Likes on 2,849 Posts
Eternabond tape would work too and should be available at just about any rv business and sometimes walmart.

Old 07-21-2018, 01:04 PM
Colorado350
Postmaster
Received 119 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by Sous
Eternabond tape would work too and should be available at just about any rv business and sometimes walmart.
X2, that would also work well!

Old 07-21-2018, 01:42 PM
mecdac
Lead Driver
Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Thumbs up

Howdy gents. Back in the land of 4g and wifi campgrounds.
Best pic I've seen in a while...reps sent.

Old 07-21-2018, 04:18 PM
ZachinCO
More Turbo
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by BBslider001
Yup, lots ofcrazy ideas, but usually never come to fruition. I love it when people, not you, ask me silly questions about CA due to something they heard or read. Yes, we all smoke weed and live on granola...roll eyes*

yeah, exactly....in my years of growing up there, I have seen many thing silly things come and go. That's why I never partake in the discussions and arguments of "what if"....it's not worth the energy.
That's just the bay area crowd...
Originally Posted by brian42
Don't forget that all Californians surf too.
We all did when I lived in San Diego, except the guys who were spongers(if that term is still used).
Is there still a rodeo in Lakeside?

The people who ruined CA(IMO it's not the same place I grew up) are the ones who moved from back east. Now that I'm in Colofornia(as the native CO folks like to call it) lots of folks are surprised I like to hunt, own horses and cattle and I'm from CA.

Great pic Wesley, I remember taking my older girls at about that age.

when I had hair...

Old 07-21-2018, 11:21 PM
Wes444
Logistics Pro
Received 1,133 Likes on 645 Posts
I hear you about the hair part. Reviewing the security footage around our house i saw the top of my head the other week, looks a little thinner from above than I'd hope

Old 07-22-2018, 04:23 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
The flex tape binds to itself when it wraps around itself under tension - there is no adhesive on it. You can't use it like adhesive tape, you have to have more than one wrap around something - like a hose.

Once my hair reached 3 colors at at the same time on different parts of my head, and that Friar Tuck thing was noticed in a picture from behind, my attitude was "OK! Everybody... out of the pool!" - and got a head shaver. I liked it so much, I wished I had done it before I looked like a clown.

That Grand Canyon shot is spectacular, and having the boy exhibiting curiosity is a nice touch. I loving living vicariously through children.

Just to the north is Bryce Canyon, and that one is mind boggling as well.

​​​​​​​

Old 07-22-2018, 08:34 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Tugly
The flex tape binds to itself when it wraps around itself under tension - there is no adhesive on it. You can't use it like adhesive tape, you have to have more than one wrap around something - like a hose.

Once my hair reached 3 colors at at the same time on different parts of my head, and that Friar Tuck thing was noticed in a picture from behind, my attitude was "OK! Everybody... out of the pool!" - and got a head shaver. I liked it so much, I wished I had done it before I looked like a clown.

That Grand Canyon shot is spectacular, and having the boy exhibiting curiosity is a nice touch. I loving living vicariously through children.

Just to the north is Bryce Canyon, and that one is mind boggling as well. ​​​​​
hahahahaha.....I always said the same thing. if I ever get the bologna slap on my head, off it goes for good.

Old 07-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Wes444
Logistics Pro
Received 1,133 Likes on 645 Posts
Oh, got home safe n sound 5 hrs ago Unloaded about a ton of crap from the 5th wheel and parked it for about 3 weeks till my next week off Alread starting my mental list for winter mods

Old 07-22-2018, 11:39 PM
brandon_oma#692
Fleet Mechanic
Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
Oh, got home safe n sound 5 hrs ago Unloaded about a ton of crap from the 5th wheel and parked it for about 3 weeks till my next week off Alread starting my mental list for winter mods
Been home about an hour. Unloaded milk, diapers, and ice cream bars. Just realized all my clothes are in the camper haha. Have to get dressed in it before work in the morning.

Old 07-23-2018, 07:34 AM
SaintITC
Fleet Mechanic
Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
^^^ Sounds like you're gonna need a vacation from your vacation!
Tomorrow I'm flying down to Florida to look at a new car for the wife. Sadly it's not a 7.3, but a year old Ford Flex. I've always had a thing for station wagons, growing up with them and having two myself ('68 & '66 Fords). I told her it's either this car or the '65 Chrysler New Yorker around the corner.

Old 07-23-2018, 07:42 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
You guys made me tired just thinking about getting back from vacation. Isn't that always the way it is though? Work hard, play hard, recover from playing while at work LOL!!

Old 07-23-2018, 09:05 AM
HD Rider
Cargo Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
After vacation, I usually have to go back to work to get some rest.

Quick Reply: *** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***