*** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2018, 03:01 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,460 Likes on 2,850 Posts
Originally Posted by Wesley Green

Where's those pictures Sous?
Just got home from a 1000 mile round trip since Friday after work. Tired... Going to eat some Chinese food and chill for a bit.

Pictures will be posted tomorrow.

Old 05-06-2018, 04:00 PM
Bonanza35
Lead Driver

Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts
Boy that makes a long weekend. Should of took your time. Break it in right.

Old 05-06-2018, 04:14 PM
timmyboy76
Lead Driver
Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Sous
Just got home from a 1000 mile round trip since Friday after work. Tired... Going to eat some Chinese food and chill for a bit.

Pictures will be posted tomorrow.
what the heck we supposed to do in the meantime...find out if Tug put us on his BEST radar..

Old 05-07-2018, 07:01 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by Bonanza35
Boy that makes a long weekend. Should of took your time. Break it in right.
I retire on the 25th of this month, but for now I still have places I have to be. We left immediately after work on Friday and got back home yesterday afternoon. It is what it is and now we can start to make the trailer our own.

Originally Posted by timmyboy76
what the heck we supposed to do in the meantime...find out if Tug put us on his BEST radar..
Here they are sir! We are very excited about it. The truck handles this trailer great. Not that there were any problems with the 30 ft travel trailer or the 36 ft 5th wheel we had. This new to us trailer is a combination of the two others that we liked very much, just were not dead on right for us. Today starts the cleaning and modifying of the trailer.

One of our dogs Kiva who was surprised to see the new to us trailer...

Passenger side at our overnight stop over.

Driver side at our overnight stop over.

Awning and door side.

Main living space. We have acquired a dinette to replace the table and chairs.

Another view of main living space.

Bedroom with slide. This was key for us because it allows for a full wardrobe and much more space upstairs.

Old 05-07-2018, 07:09 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
My wife's parents have the same design, but no tip-out upstairs. That upstairs tip-out is essential, otherwise being upstairs is like trying to maneuver inside a zipped sleeping bag.

Old 05-07-2018, 07:12 AM
Wes444
Logistics Pro
Received 1,133 Likes on 645 Posts
Nice Sous. Looks similar to our floor plan. 28ft?

Yesterday i started writing out my to do list to prep for our 4k mile vacation this summer, yuk. Two pages in and I started a separate list for winter mods/work on the vette 😁 off to mow the yards

Old 05-07-2018, 07:53 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
Dude, dude.....DUDE....that trailer is the ****!!! I love the layout and stoked you went with a Heartland. Now we can get on the Heartland forum and terrorize old people LOL! I am looking forward to the memories you and Mrs. Sous will make. This is going to be fun!! The finishes on the inside look great. They really build a nice trailer for the money.

Old 05-07-2018, 07:54 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by Tugly
My wife's parents have the same design, but no tip-out upstairs. That upstairs tip-out is essential, otherwise being upstairs is like trying to maneuver inside a zipped sleeping bag.
Absolutely correct sir! Our 30 ft travel trailer had a large living room slide, but no bed slide and I hated the bedroom. Hated it...

The 5th wheel we just sold had the bedroom slide (like our new to us one) and the space was amazing and much more comfortable. Then you get the full wardrobe which means I can actually bring a few sets of clothes not including the ones I am wearing. We are very excited because this is a mix of the two previous campers, but only the parts we liked.

Originally Posted by Wesley Green
Nice Sous. Looks similar to our floor plan. 28ft?

Yesterday i started writing out my to do list to prep for our 4k mile vacation this summer, yuk. Two pages in and I started a separate list for winter mods/work on the vette 😁 off to mow the yards
Yes, 28.3 ft from pin to bumper. Perfect layout for us and we hope to have this for the next 15 years or more.

Packing and prepping is never fun, but usually lead to a successful trip. We drove about 10K miles in 2015 with the travel trailer in tow, was a blast. We hope/plan to go out to Yellowstone area this summer, have to see how things pan out after I retire though.

Old 05-07-2018, 01:33 PM
Bonanza35
Lead Driver

Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts
I forgot you weren't retired yet. I wouldn't of said what I said. Sorry, It's a nice set up. I'm looking to but for a used toy hauler in really good shape. I bring some of the grandkids toys to help my son. He has way to many toys with 4 kids. But we have a blast. Also I would like to carry a golf cart some times. He just took his trailer to the lake for 5 months and goes back and forth. It's nice there, but his trailer is way to big to tow across county. It's like 43 foot or more with flipped axles for the dunes also.

Old 05-07-2018, 01:39 PM
brandon_oma#692
Fleet Mechanic
Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
Lost my turn signals and hazards over the weekend. Well I assume they are not working as they are not indicated on the dash and no clicking but will confirm tonight. I heard a different clicking than normal behind the dash before they stopped working. Also had a clicking with the heater blower running. I have not checked fuses or anything yet. I searched and found a few related threads but no real diagnostic procedure. Does anyone have one or a link to a good thread? I really do not want to start throwing parts at it and that seems like the general "fix"

Plan is:
1 see what all is working and not working for lights
2 check fuses
3 pull column cover off and check for broken wire
4 find and replace the relay or relays under the radio. From what I read I may have 1 or 2?
5 turn signal switch

What really seems odd is the clicking with fan on. I do not see how the fan would be related at all to the turn signals/hazards. When I got home I ran the blower fan and it seems fine with no clicking.

Old 05-07-2018, 01:57 PM
Walleye Hunter
Hotshot
Received 888 Likes on 625 Posts
How's your batteries and connections?

Old 05-07-2018, 02:08 PM
brandon_oma#692
Fleet Mechanic
Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter
How's your batteries and connections?
newer batteries and replaced / cleaned connections before winter. Engine cranks over fast and starts right up but I will double check. Thanks .

Old 05-07-2018, 04:05 PM
timmyboy76
Lead Driver
Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts
She's a butte, Clark..howd the rig do?

Old 05-07-2018, 04:13 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by Bonanza35
I forgot you weren't retired yet. I wouldn't of said what I said. Sorry, It's a nice set up. I'm looking to but for a used toy hauler in really good shape. I bring some of the grandkids toys to help my son. He has way to many toys with 4 kids. But we have a blast. Also I would like to carry a golf cart some times. He just took his trailer to the lake for 5 months and goes back and forth. It's nice there, but his trailer is way to big to tow across county. It's like 43 foot or more with flipped axles for the dunes also.
May 25th is the time when I have a week consisting of 6 Saturdays and 1 Sunday. An old Senior NCO told me that one time many years ago and it stuck with me. Money will be tighter of course, but we are planning to make memories instead of money and collect experiences instead of things. Time will tell, but we are hoping that are leap of faith will be a good one.

We had already been talking about our distance limit after retirement, but driving 1000 miles in 48 hours solidified that we are going to limit ourselves to 200-250 miles a day maximum when traveling.

Old 05-07-2018, 04:17 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by timmyboy76
She's a butte, Clark..howd the rig do?
Truck did much better towing this trailer than the 313RE, but considering it weighs 2000 lbs less right off the bat that was expected. My wife and I talked about "our" plan for injectors, turbos and the overall future of the truck. We have agreed that the T4/SXE path is the right choice for us and to stick with stock injectors for as long as possible. The current injectors could last another 100,000 miles for all we know. We believe that this is the right path for us and our goals for the truck.

The modified OEM turbo did well though and the truck never needed to be shifted out of 5th gear on the interstate due to lugging or slowing down. I don't go faster than 65 MPH cruising.

Quick Reply: *** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***