Sponsored by: DP Tuner

*** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 07:59 AM
Walleye Hunter
Hotshot
Received 888 Likes on 625 Posts
Originally Posted by Sous
The video is more of a memorial for us as a family. It will be on YouTube forever, or until YouTube is taken over by another huge video sharing company.

We like the idea of being able to recall the images and flow of the video if/when we miss the camper after it has gone to its new family.

The weather here this morning was a bit chilly, almost went back into the house for my jacket but decided not to.
You're a natural at making those videos, I'm just pointing it out and suggesting that you exploit that talent.

Old 04-05-2018, 08:05 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,460 Likes on 2,850 Posts
My wife just published her first book a couple of weeks ago. Last night she asked me to produce and edit her movie about the book. I laughed and told her "of course my love".

Old 04-05-2018, 08:13 AM
Walleye Hunter
Hotshot
Received 888 Likes on 625 Posts
My wife just published her first book a couple of weeks ago. Last night she asked me to produce and edit her movie about the book. I laughed and told her "of course my love".
That's awesome, good luck with the book and movie. Will you still know us when you make it big?

Old 04-05-2018, 08:22 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
I told her the only thing I want is 2 helicopters with pilots at my disposal... not much to ask for right...

Old 04-05-2018, 09:08 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
Morning guys. Sous, great video! Sounds you are about to make it big, so I 'll see you on the flip side LOL!! Hope everyone is doing well and ready for the weekend. I kind of am, but will be working hard on an engine swap on my buddy's 97 OBS. Hopefully it goes off without too much issue. I'll take some photos since we all love gearhead stuff.

Old 04-05-2018, 01:27 PM
ZachinCO
More Turbo
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Colorado350
Based on the target, it looks like they need the practice.
Maybe they were playing a darts game?

Old 04-05-2018, 11:49 PM
SaintITC
Fleet Mechanic
Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
I told her the only thing I want is 2 helicopters with pilots at my disposal... not much to ask for right...
Why two helicopters? Still learning to fly?

Old 04-05-2018, 11:53 PM
SaintITC
Fleet Mechanic
Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
Not being an RV'er, I don't know how common this headline is, but I thought I'd link for those who might be interested. It's about the Goodyear G159 275/70R 22.5 tire issue. Sounds pretty bad, but I really don't know.

Old 04-06-2018, 01:52 AM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Finished another video last night. Not really truck related so I thought I would post it here... I know some of us like to look at videos of campers from time to time too.

Stewart, remove this post if you need to.

https://youtu.be/MrGj9W6MUqs
For shame, young man! (Heh, I called you young...LOLOLOLOLOLOL)

The first rule of Fight Club as we all know is, we don't talk about Fight Club. But here we talk about everything!! What a useless conversation thread this would be without conversation!

Don't forget the reason for this thread!!

Originally Posted by BBslider001
Well, maybe I am copy catting, but I think our forum is the only one without a BS thread. I wanna come in here and kick around stuff that has nothing to do with anything,
Stewart

Old 04-06-2018, 02:31 AM
IDI-Charlie
Fleet Mechanic
Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts
Don't you go tempting me to buy that Jeff! 91's head gasket blew tonight, so I've gotta focus my money on putting a Cummins or Detroit in there.

Now, if you're willing to trade manual labor for it we can talk

Old 04-06-2018, 06:30 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by SaintITC
Not being an RV'er, I don't know how common this headline is, but I thought I'd link for those who might be interested. It's about the Goodyear G159 275/70R 22.5 tire issue. Sounds pretty bad, but I really don't know.
Goodyear had a few disappointing models, the Marathon was one of their worst. The new "Endurance" model though is made in USA and has been performing very well so far since it was released about a year ago.

Old 04-06-2018, 06:33 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by Stewart_H
For shame, young man! (Heh, I called you young...LOLOLOLOLOLOL)

The first rule of Fight Club as we all know is, we don't talk about Fight Club. But here we talk about everything!! What a useless conversation thread this would be without conversation!

Don't forget the reason for this thread!!

Stewart
I certainly don't feel young! Especially after hearing that Alan Jackson song the other day. My hair and beard might give the look of a lost teenager, but that is because I have had short hair for 22 years, 3 months and 27 days of my life (military term) and now I'm trying to find myself so to speak. I think the long hair comes off when the GA summer rolls in though.

Originally Posted by IDI-Charlie
Don't you go tempting me to buy that Jeff! 91's head gasket blew tonight, so I've gotta focus my money on putting a Cummins or Detroit in there.

Now, if you're willing to trade manual labor for it we can talk
Shoot, manual labor is all I have an abundance of. Well, I have a lot of cold beer and ammunition too....

We have a buyer coming by tonight and maybe one tomorrow. So, we might have it sold by the end of the weekend! We are very sad to see it go, but it is not right for us anymore.

Old 04-06-2018, 07:57 AM
HD Rider
Cargo Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Goodyear had a few disappointing models, the Marathon was one of their worst. The new "Endurance" model though is made in USA and has been performing very well so far since it was released about a year ago.
I had a set of 5 (spare included) GY Marathon tires on my 5er. Not one of them went past 2k miles. Fortunately none of them did any damage when they blew. I swore I'd never have another GY on anything in my fleet. I went to light truck tires and never had another issue.

Old 04-06-2018, 08:03 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
I hear you and understand 100%. I have been a Cooper Tires fan for years as far as the vehicles go. Goodyear screwed themselves by trying to go cheap.

The new Endurance tire is a completely redesigned tire made in USA. It has only been out a year or so, but everyone running them has been very happy. I am one of those customers. I took off a cheap set of Chinese tires and could immediately tell the difference on how the 5th wheel tracked and kept in line with the truck. I have a post over on the 5th wheel towing section about these tires specifically and the results are good.

I wanted to get the Sailun tires for the trailer, but with a 100 PSI rim requirement I didn't feel safe putting them on. It appears they may have been the wrong setup anyway and might have been too stiff for a lighter weight trailer such as the Montana High Country.

When we get our new to us 5th wheel, I will be putting GY Endurance on it too I have been so impressed with them.

Post is below for anyone interested in boring tire discussions.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...endurance.html

Old 04-06-2018, 09:27 AM
Colorado350
Postmaster
Received 119 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by SaintITC
Why two helicopters? Still learning to fly?
. Well he was in the Air Force... Shots fired.

Quick Reply: *** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***