Sponsored by: DP Tuner

*** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2018, 12:16 PM
Walleye Hunter
Hotshot
Received 888 Likes on 625 Posts
Originally Posted by SaintITC
Have to bring this back up. We - meaning my wife - just bought a power recliner with USB charging ports built into the armrest.
At least the phone has a cord tethered to it. Now if they were to put wireless charging stations under the armrest...
What, no cooling beer holders?

Old 03-14-2018, 12:32 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,459 Likes on 2,849 Posts
Wireless charging is one piece of technology that I really appreciate. We have 2 in the house, 2 in the camper and 1 in the Subaru.

It is slower to charge, but sure is nice to not have to plug and unplug a cord.

They are cheap as well.

Old 03-14-2018, 01:02 PM
brandon_oma#692
Fleet Mechanic
Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
Really glad I bought my turbo and everything else or I would be bringing this home, cutting it and my current truck up and trying to make a 6 door.

Old 03-14-2018, 01:14 PM
brian42
Lead Driver
Received 118 Likes on 78 Posts
Originally Posted by brandon_oma#692
Really glad I bought my turbo and everything else...
Me too! Thanks again for all of your help!

Public reps to Brandon for helping me out and selling me his spider (and new red/green lines) for a very reasonable price and putting it in the mail the next day.

Old 03-14-2018, 05:05 PM
ZachinCO
More Turbo
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Colorado350
Brian, what is considered passing opacity in California? Here in El Paso County, CO, 35% is considered passing.
Glad it's not required up in Elbert County. I had taken my truck to Exhaust Readers on Nevada for years until moving to Elizabeth.

Haven't been here in a few, work keeps getting in the way.
But the office view isn't bad.

Old 03-14-2018, 05:41 PM
Bonanza35
Lead Driver

Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts
So this is outside your office window? Great country. That's why I like Idaho and Wyoming so much. Wife now wants to move, but I say why not 40 years ago? We'll see.

Old 03-15-2018, 08:58 AM
timmyboy76
Lead Driver
Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts
Not bad Zachin..heres mine for the next week. Poles' loaded as of last night after dropping off material

Old 03-15-2018, 09:49 AM
ZachinCO
More Turbo
Originally Posted by Bonanza35
So this is outside your office window? Great country. That's why I like Idaho and Wyoming so much. Wife now wants to move, but I say why not 40 years ago? We'll see.
Well, kinda. My mobile office. I've been in the field the last few weeks looking at job sites for 2018 work. So it's kinda technically my office.

The home office looks West towards Pikes Peak. I'll have to get a sunset picture to share.

Not bad Timmy! Reminds me of my SoCal days. Looks like any harbor from San Diego to Huntington.

Old 03-15-2018, 10:19 AM
brian42
Lead Driver
Received 118 Likes on 78 Posts
I may be surrounded by millions of people, fight commuter traffic daily, and be able to yell at my neighbor from my living room, but I do have a nice view at my office...

Old 03-15-2018, 10:33 AM
ZachinCO
More Turbo
Originally Posted by brian42
I may be surrounded by millions of people, fight commuter traffic daily, and be able to yell at my neighbor from my living room, but I do have a nice view at my office...

Channel Islands?
I spent my summers as a youth down at De Anza Mobile home park with my grandfather. I miss the ocean occasionally, but not enough to want to spend a lot of time back there.

Old 03-15-2018, 10:42 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Out of all of my travels, we settled in north GA and like it a lot here. Cost of living is cheap, 4 hours from the ocean, 1 hour from the foothills, 2 hours from the mountains and warm most of the year. We have family in Seattle for big city life. We have family in north ID for mountain and wilderness life. We have friends in Arizona for desert life. Feeling pretty good about our decision to hang our hat in north GA.

You have to be where it makes you and your family happy. CA is not for everyone. CO is not for everyone. As long as you and your family are happy (except the teenagers) then all is well.

A shot of some of our property from last spring.

You can just barely see my favorite spot. There is a floating dock just under the large tree next to the pond. We have 2 wooden chairs there, and after about 10 am the dock is shaded by the tree. Sit in the shade, drink a beer and fish without a license. When done, it is a 15 second travel time to the house.

Do what makes you happy, you have one shot at life.

Old 03-15-2018, 10:49 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
Originally Posted by Sous
Out of all of my travels, we settled in north GA and like it a lot here. Cost of living is cheap, 4 hours from the ocean, 1 hour from the foothills, 2 hours from the mountains and warm most of the year. We have family in Seattle for big city life. We have family in north ID for mountain and wilderness life. We have friends in Arizona for desert life. Feeling pretty good about our decision to hang our hat in north GA.

You have to be where it makes you and your family happy. CA is not for everyone. CO is not for everyone. As long as you and your family are happy (except the teenagers) then all is well.

A shot of some of our property from last spring.

You can just barely see my favorite spot. There is a floating dock just under the large tree next to the pond. We have 2 wooden chairs there, and after about 10 am the dock is shaded by the tree. Sit in the shade, drink a beer and fish without a license. When done, it is a 15 second travel time to the house.

Do what makes you happy, you have one shot at life.

Well said Sous. Being from Southern California and a wife from Texas, I never thought we would love western Nebraska as much as we do, but we were just commenting on our 45-minute drive to town how much we really love it here and plan on staying for quite some time. It's wide-open, few people, and like you stated, we have friends in different parts of the country that we can always go see. I thought I would end up in the desert for the Long Haul if I didn't stay in California, but I have to go where the horses and livestock are and that's what brought us here and we have no complaints. The views are epic.

Old 03-15-2018, 11:09 AM
Wes444
Logistics Pro
Received 1,133 Likes on 645 Posts
Kinda similar to you Brian. I'm an Okie, wife's from Orange County. Met in college, I became a missionary, few years later we started dating, got married, later we looked around at a few states to move to, ended up in Oklahoma. Now we hang our hat's here, quite literally

We visit her family thats still out there often, the rest are in OK now too, but as she says, "It's a fun place to visit, but why would anyone want to live there?"

Old 03-15-2018, 11:14 AM
ZachinCO
More Turbo
Beautiful Sous! My last company was HQ'd out of Kennesaw. Did some countryside drives to the old battle fields. That is some pretty county. My oldest went to college in TN and we made the drive several times between CO and TN. My profession has taken me over lots of the country, there are a few other places I could move and enjoy. Most of them out west.

Bottom line is folks should love where they live, otherwise you'll be miserable.

Old 03-15-2018, 11:19 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by ZachinCO
Bottom line is folks should love where they live, otherwise you'll be miserable.
This is key. Most are not happy with their job/career. Even if they like what they work on or their field of work, there are times when they just are not happy with it or wish they could just walk. Getting "home" to someplace you love and are at peace with is essential for a good life. One cannot live in a constant state of unhappiness or waiting to be happy.

Quick Reply: *** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***