*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread******* - Page 70 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Old 02-11-2018, 07:49 AM
Wesley Green
Posting Guru
Wesley Green has a very good reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a very good reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a very good reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a very good reputation on FTE.
Well poo. We've had 2 days of freezing rain. Church is actually closed today because of the iced roads 😲

Later today I'll plug in the block heater n turn on defrost this evening, n toss a tarp over the cab. Maybe I'll avoid scraping 1/2" of ice in the dark before work Monday morning

Old 02-11-2018, 08:07 AM
Sous
Post Fiend
Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.
Been raining here in N. GA for the entire weekend. So, we did projects like refinish the top of an oak dinning table, install new positive cables on the truck and drink beer while playing video games and laughing at YouTube videos.

Old 02-11-2018, 09:02 AM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
BBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant future
Sous, that's about a perfect inside day...kinda did the same here. We had a decently clear day, but the high was 8* I think. Started watching Better Call Saul....kinda liking it. It isn't near as intense as Breaking Bad, but similar style of writing.

Well,at least it's only -1 here LOL....supposed to warm up the next few days to 50*...now I understand why all these ranchers talk about the weather all the time. It's because it's the real deal in winter up here.

Old 02-11-2018, 10:25 AM
Sous
Post Fiend
Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.
I lived in Nebraska for 2 years, lived in Iowa for a few years before that, so I completely understand the mid-west weather.

Better Call Saul was one of my favorites when it first came out, but I lost interest toward the end of the second season. We just stared watching Mad Dogs on Amazon Prime, not too bad so far.

Old 02-11-2018, 09:10 PM
renoduckman
Senior User
renoduckman is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Wesley Green View Post
Well poo. We've had 2 days of freezing rain. Church is actually closed today because of the iced roads 😲

Later today I'll plug in the block heater n turn on defrost this evening, n toss a tarp over the cab. Maybe I'll avoid scraping 1/2" of ice in the dark before work Monday morning
Dumb question. How does leaving the defrost on work with out the engine running? I'm curious.
We get cold here in Reno but not usually brutal cold. Once in awhile I plug my truck in when I'm going hunting.

Old 02-11-2018, 09:20 PM
Colorado350
Postmaster
Colorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by renoduckman View Post
Dumb question. How does leaving the defrost on work with out the engine running? I'm curious.
We get cold here in Reno but not usually brutal cold. Once in awhile I plug my truck in when I'm going hunting.
I do the same thing with my remote start, defrost set the night beforehand. The tarp he uses is prevent build up on the windshield, the defrost thaws any condensation that forms under the tarp.

Old 02-12-2018, 07:35 AM
Tugly
Post Fiend
Tugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by renoduckman View Post
...How does leaving the defrost on work with out the engine running?....

I'll also take a run at this. There have been many winter mornings when I walk by our frosted cars and jump in the plugged-in Superduty with either a clear windshield or a partially-melted one. There is just enough heat oozing up from the warm engine and coolant to take care of minor freezing. There are limits as to when the windshield will be clear while parked, but having a head start on Engine Oil Temperature gets the windshield cleared in a reasonable time.

Old 02-14-2018, 10:14 AM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
BBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant future
Morning dudes....warming up here in Western Nebraska nicely. It's supposed to be 50s today, so I am going to take advantage and try to finish getting my shop in order. I got a used pedestal to rebuild as soon as the kit comes in. I also fixed my OH console yesterday. I wished I hadn't waited so long. I guess I thought it was going to be a real PITA, but it took all of 30 min to get it out, find one bad resistor, resolder it, and put it back in. Now it is nice and bright, and hopefully more accurate. At least I have temp and direction, so that is the main thing. Hope everyone is having a great week.

Old 02-14-2018, 10:52 AM
brian42
Post Fiend
brian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant future
It took me years to get the nerve to yank hard enough to pull the console off for fear of breaking something (it was on there t-i-g-h-t). The computer has been sitting in my garage for about a year now in perpetual "I'll-get-around-to-it" status. Now that you've brought this up I might have to muster the chutzpah to get it done before I lose it (or really break it) and have to buy a new one anyway.

Old 02-14-2018, 11:29 AM
Colorado350
Postmaster
Colorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to behold
My truck came with the upper console but someone removed it, haven't been able to find a replacement.

Old 02-14-2018, 08:16 PM
Wesley Green
Posting Guru
Wesley Green has a very good reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a very good reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a very good reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a very good reputation on FTE.
Don't forget to buy the lil woman some flowers n chocolate today

Old 02-15-2018, 12:26 PM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Wesley Green View Post
Don't forget to buy the lil woman some flowers n chocolate today
Why?

Stewart

Old 02-15-2018, 12:40 PM
Sous
Post Fiend
We had a nice romantic evening of getting the camper ready for camping season, then eating McD's and watching some TV on the couch before bed. Being together is the important part for us, and this Valentines day turned out to be a good one.

Old 02-15-2018, 01:27 PM
Wesley Green
Posting Guru
And since you all appreciate pictures...

Meanwhile today, 2 1/2 hours later...

Fought the baby butt clamp for an hour. Exhuast clamp was easy

time to clean up some parts n valley while wife brings out lunch. Then powdercoat if I can squeeze housings in my oven

Old 02-15-2018, 01:46 PM
Wesley Green
Posting Guru
Well thars yer problem!

Lil leak

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: *******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.