Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

*** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2018, 01:37 PM
brandon_oma#692
Fleet Mechanic
Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
Planning a 20 day trip in July out west with the truck and camper. Would like to post the route and campgrounds for peoples opinions. Where do I post to get the best feedback? 99-03 7.3 because I'm taking the truck? Fifthwheel and gooseneck rv because it is?.....

Figured out I can't use google maps very well since the roads in Yellowstone are closed currently. Bing lets me so I'm planning with it. Some KOA stops for the kids, Some boondocking, Some state parks, and a visit to my Mom. Should be a good time. Full truck with the Wife, 4 boys and little dog. May have to stop and see BioBurner's 6 door while I am at it.

Edit Here is a link to my planned adventure. https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post17716516

Old 01-10-2018, 01:48 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,460 Likes on 2,850 Posts
Brandon, I would post in the 5th wheel section and update your post here with a link to it.

Also, a HUGE resource for us when traveling around the country as we like to do is an app called AllStays. It is kind of like Google Maps had a relationship with Good Sam and they created an app that has rest stops, fuel stops, campgrounds, etc that can be filtered out. The app was like $10 or something, but is constantly updated and has been great for us.

We would find a location to stop ahead of us based on our filtering and what we were looking for and it worked very well. There are reviews on it for campgrounds and rest stops too.

Once you buy it, it is yours forever. We had initially only put it on my wives phone, but thought is was so nice to use I installed it on mine too.

Old 01-10-2018, 03:11 PM
brandon_oma#692
Fleet Mechanic
Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Sous
Brandon, I would post in the 5th wheel section and update your post here with a link to it.

Also, a HUGE resource for us when traveling around the country as we like to do is an app called AllStays. It is kind of like Google Maps had a relationship with Good Sam and they created an app that has rest stops, fuel stops, campgrounds, etc that can be filtered out. The app was like $10 or something, but is constantly updated and has been great for us.

We would find a location to stop ahead of us based on our filtering and what we were looking for and it worked very well. There are reviews on it for campgrounds and rest stops too.

Once you buy it, it is yours forever. We had initially only put it on my wives phone, but thought is was so nice to use I installed it on mine too.
Thanks I will Look into allstays.

Old 01-10-2018, 03:54 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by brandon_oma#692
Thanks I will Look into allstays.
Shoot me a PM if you have any questions. We have used it to travel cross country (from GA to Seattle and back) twice and it was a big help, especially when towing the camper.

Old 01-10-2018, 05:34 PM
Wes444
Logistics Pro
Received 1,133 Likes on 645 Posts
Sounds like similar destinations as our current plans for the summer. Heading up to Rushmore, then Crazy Horse, then Yellowstone, then a family get together near colorado springs for a week with a daytrip to pikes peak then drive to Cali to visit in-laws for 3 weeks, then finally return home. Kids have been begging to go to grand canyon every time they see the exit signs on our trips to Cali, may try and squeeze that in too

Old 01-10-2018, 09:45 PM
z31freakify
Hotshot
Received 1,188 Likes on 816 Posts
Anybody ever have done the timing on a Deutz 1011? I got the basics and the special alignment tool and belt tensioner on the way, but I'm uncertain on the camshaft timing marks ive look but nothing really pops out just people asking the same question with no answers, I have no service manual yet but got one on the way, just need this thing to run, down time is a bitch and costing the company $$

Old 01-11-2018, 06:30 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by Wesley Green
Sounds like similar destinations as our current plans for the summer. Heading up to Rushmore, then Crazy Horse, then Yellowstone, then a family get together near colorado springs for a week with a daytrip to pikes peak then drive to Cali to visit in-laws for 3 weeks, then finally return home. Kids have been begging to go to grand canyon every time they see the exit signs on our trips to Cali, may try and squeeze that in too
Out of all of the places I have been around this world and in this country, the Grand Canyon is my favorite. You know walking up to the edge that it is going to be stunning, but when you are actually there, the feeling is hard to describe.

Old 01-11-2018, 07:29 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
Originally Posted by Sous
Out of all of the places I have been around this world and in this country, the Grand Canyon is my favorite. You know walking up to the edge that it is going to be stunning, but when you are actually there, the feeling is hard to describe.
I concur. The Arizona desert and the Grand Canyon is a place I never get tired of. I grew up only hours away, so it always holds a place with me.

Old 01-11-2018, 11:20 AM
hydro man 17
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes the Grand Canyon is a must see. It is sooo much bigger and impressive in person. Almost too hard to believe.

Old 01-11-2018, 11:25 AM
Walleye Hunter
Hotshot
Received 888 Likes on 625 Posts
When I hear about pending rising sea levels the Grand Canyon is the first thing that comes to mind...It took a loooooooot of water a loooooooong time to carve that canyon, as well as others that exist out there. It's been a long time since I've been there and I have heard unconfirmed stories that they now regulate tourist flow somehow. Like they did with sleds through Yellowstone. Yellowstone would be too crowded for me during its peak tourist season.

Old 01-11-2018, 11:32 AM
hydro man 17
Posting Guru
They have been regulating entry to Yosemite for years. At least for overnight stays. Did a drive through about 25 years ago. First time since '67, things were a lot different then.

Old 01-11-2018, 12:26 PM
timmyboy76
Lead Driver
Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts
Didn't regulate a damn thing, 2yrs ago. Took 6hrs from Tim at gate entry from the 395, to get to the bridge down below. Then, it was another 2hr wait to get into town..told everyone, we've seen enough trees and turned around. This was a Saturday in july/15'...

Old 01-11-2018, 01:18 PM
ZachinCO
More Turbo
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Do you still have to pay to get into 4 corners? Boy, what a joke that became.

One of these days I'd like to pack down into the canyon, would be a fun trip out of the norm.

Old 01-11-2018, 02:16 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
For anyone that has not been to the Grand Canyon, words and pictures cannot describe it. We were going to stop for a few hours, but it was so awesome (I use the word awesome literally) that we decided to stay for 2 days.

I have been to more countries than I can remember. Seen Paris, London, Frankfurt and the list goes on and on. Again, the most amazing site I have seen is the Grand Canyon. Don't get me wrong, Notre Dame (the real one) is beautiful, and many other sites around this world, but the Grand Canyon takes the cake every time.

If you have the chance, or have been thinking about it, go!

Old 01-11-2018, 03:22 PM
hydro man 17
Posting Guru
Definitely! There's plenty of room!

Quick Reply: *** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***