Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Old 12-10-2017, 09:49 PM
andym
Post Fiend
andym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputation
As for adding brakes, I was thinking about ordering backing plates from Dexter with the brake hardware already attached, just like the ones I got for my RV trailer axles. Then I just wire it and they work with my brake controller. LED lights are cheap to add, too. For a grand I think I got a good deal on it.

I just bought a project house for $26k that should fetch $135k to $140 when I'm done with it, so it will get a lot of use. And I've ALWAYS wanted a trailer than I could haul a car on.

Old 12-11-2017, 12:06 AM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
BBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by andym View Post
As for adding brakes, I was thinking about ordering backing plates from Dexter with the brake hardware already attached, just like the ones I got for my RV trailer axles. Then I just wire it and they work with my brake controller. LED lights are cheap to add, too. For a grand I think I got a good deal on it.

I just bought a project house for $26k that should fetch $135k to $140 when I'm done with it, so it will get a lot of use. And I've ALWAYS wanted a trailer than I could haul a car on.
I'd say you scored bud! Nice find...I'll give you $1200.

Old 12-11-2017, 08:42 AM
Colorado350
Postmaster
Colorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud of

Check out Etrailer for brakes too. I've had very good luck with them, at the very least I always price check them against other sites. They typically get my business.

Old 12-11-2017, 09:02 AM
F250_
Post Fiend
F250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputation
I don't mean to be a downer, but just because it's "big enough" to be used as a car hauler doesn't mean it was built to carry that kind of a load. I would have a trustworthy trailer shop review its structure to see how they would rate it's load carrying capacity before ever putting a vehicle on it.

I say that because the beams just don't look beefy enough to my eye for that kind of load rating. It looks (again, to me) like it was built more for a lighter duty landscaping application.

Old 12-11-2017, 10:29 AM
andym
Post Fiend
andym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputation
That's probably very good advice. I'm not sure it was designed for that kind of work either to be honest. My big project right now is a house, so all car stuff is going to have to wait a while anyway. For the foreseeable future, it's going to be carrying home renovation stuff, starting with a big load of old drywall, plaster, and wood trim this week.

Old 12-11-2017, 03:59 PM
Njstern87
Senior User
Njstern87 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Njstern87 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
That's probably very good advice. I'm not sure it was designed for that kind of work either to be honest. My big project right now is a house, so all car stuff is going to have to wait a while anyway. For the foreseeable future, it's going to be carrying home renovation stuff, starting with a big load of old drywall, plaster, and wood trim this week.
Sounds like me, always working on the house. Congrats on the purchase, and I'd lend a hand if I was closer (it's actually therapeutic to a degree). Just don't forget to make time for yourself, I did and still do and work myself into a fit over it. Don't forget to tinker with the car for fun.

-nick

Old 12-11-2017, 05:02 PM
andym
Post Fiend
True, there's nothing better than taking a 5lb sledge hammer to some ugly old plaster walls.

Old 12-11-2017, 05:13 PM
Bonanza35
Post Fiend
Bonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to behold
Love to find some properties in this state, Calif, for that. Would buy I all I could and turn them over. Or save and rent out. If it had property I'd move in. Anyway, good find and good luck with your remodel.

Old 12-11-2017, 06:27 PM
hydro man 17
Posting Guru
hydro man 17 has a good reputation on FTE.hydro man 17 has a good reputation on FTE.
"Love to find some properties in this state, Calif, for that."
__________________________________________________ ______________________
That's for sure. When my mom sold the family house, in ~1980ish for $550K the guy bought it for a tear-down. Rented out for about 2 yrs during the permit process. Sold the new house for about 1.5 Mil, I doubt you could touch it today for 2 - 3 times that much.

Old 12-11-2017, 07:47 PM
andym
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Bonanza35 View Post
Love to find some properties in this state, Calif, for that. Would buy I all I could and turn them over. Or save and rent out. If it had property I'd move in. Anyway, good find and good luck with your remodel.
I used to live in Norcal. One of the many reasons I relocated to the east coast was to pursue real estate as a possible source of income. I paid $26k for this house, I expect to spend about $70k on the renovation and sell it for $140k when I'm done.

Try getting your foot in the door in the CA real estate market for $26k. No sir, not even in the worst neighborhoods.

Old 12-12-2017, 12:29 PM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
BBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant future
I used to live in Norcal. One of the many reasons I relocated to the east coast was to pursue real estate as a possible source of income. I paid $26k for this house, I expect to spend about $70k on the renovation and sell it for $140k when I'm done.

Try getting your foot in the door in the CA real estate market for $26k. No sir, not even in the worst neighborhoods.
LOL...that wouldn't even by an RV space in San Diego County

Old 12-12-2017, 01:36 PM
ZachinCO
Elder User
ZachinCO is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by BBslider001 View Post
LOL...that wouldn't even by an RV space in San Diego County
It used to get a spot at De Anza Mobile Home Park...

Old 12-12-2017, 02:59 PM
Idaho_F250
Junior User
Idaho_F250 is starting off with a positive reputation.

One of the reason we relocated from Sacramento CA to South East Idaho. Sold our house there, and bought a bigger house on a full acre for half the price! Not to mention lower taxes, no CA vehicle smog requirements, and a host of other not so fun things we got to leave behind.
We do have very cold and long winters though. Also less shopping place for the Mrs, so that benefits me as well!

Old 12-12-2017, 03:19 PM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
I was just reading on another Forum about how many people have left and are leaving California. It kind of broke my heart to leave cuz it's my home, but it has just gotten so ridiculous on so many fronts that I finally had to say uncle. Now I live in the middle of nowhere with very few people and people pushing their ideas down my throat and I'm a lot more relaxed and happier for it.

Old 12-12-2017, 03:43 PM
timmyboy76
Post Fiend
timmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud of
Sold my emissions home in 16'. Did alright on it, since I bought when the market crashed. Now, renting in Placentia fur 3x what my mortgage was. Took the equity and bought a home in bullhead👍. Just buying time here til daughter graduates(4 more years), then off I go. Will keep a CA residency(ca license purposes), drive a couple years then retire. It's all about fishing the Sierra's anymore😉

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: *******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.