Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Old 12-08-2017, 01:38 PM
F250_
Post Fiend
F250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputation
Birmingham is open, but some of the smaller towns in the surrounding area have had road closures just for everyone's safety. Since we are not equipped for this kind of stuff, its really unreasonable to expect everything to go on as if nothing happens. There have already been a lot of power outages because the type of snow we get here is not light, powdery, or dusty, it's heavy laden wet junk which takes down power lines and tree limbs very easily. Our power just came back on after about a four hour outage in our neighborhood with underground utilities (obviously, something above ground leading into our neighborhood was a weak link!).

It has not been below freezing here yet this winter, so the roads are clear, but wet. We will have some black ice tonight and tomorrow morning, though, as the low is supposed to be around 24F.

Personally, I've lived in NC and Virginia with plenty of snow exposure, but I just don't have the requisite 4WD here to deal with it responsibly, so I simply stay off the roads and out of the way of of all my regional neighbors who think snow is not much more than "cold white sand" and don't know how to behave in it.

Old 12-08-2017, 01:46 PM
Sous
Moderator and SXE Junkie!
Sous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by F250_ View Post
regional neighbors who think snow is not much more than "cold white sand" and don't know how to behave in it.
That is the biggest problem. These people cannot even handle themselves when it rains, let alone when it snows. Those of us that are more experienced have no problem traveling through snow, the problem comes with those around us that have zero experience and panic because they are going 3x the safe speed.

Anyway, my wife started a fire in the fireplace, I have cold beer at the house and am looking forward to a quiet weekend locked in the house out in the country.

Old 12-08-2017, 02:02 PM
F250_
Post Fiend
F250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputation
Stay warm and dry!

I'm just barely coming off a 7-day bout with harsh winter bed-ridden crud. Had to go to the office yesterday just to get my laptop so I can start catching up on all the deadlines I've fallen behind on this week. I'm toasty on the sofa now with my laptop, finally crunching away at some billable hours.

Old 12-08-2017, 02:04 PM
Idaho_F250
Junior User
Idaho_F250 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Once the snow falls driving is not too bad. Its when it melts and turns the streets into ice rinks with frozen channels where it get scary. Too many people don't realize they need to start stopping well in advance and slide into someone or something.
I work for a University and as such have to deal with all the out of town students who drive too fast and cant keep their eyes on the road.

At least they don't put salt down on the roads like they do elsewhere, just sand when they get around to it. They also don't have the budget to start plowing until at least 3' accumulate.

Old 12-08-2017, 03:17 PM
Sous
Sous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputation
Home now, Christmas tree is shining bright, fire is roaring and the beer is 34 degrees...

Old 12-08-2017, 03:35 PM
hydro man 17
Posting Guru
hydro man 17 has a good reputation on FTE.hydro man 17 has a good reputation on FTE.
I remember my first winter up in "cold country". I was on my way to work (0600 shift change) and came to the usual stop sign on the way. I doubt that I slowed more than one mph for the next block. Needless to say I was wide awake from there on.

Old 12-08-2017, 03:48 PM
brian42
Post Fiend
brian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant future
Power company is turning off power to areas where there might be risk of power lines coming down due to the fires and/or weather (high winds) in our area with the Santa Anas blowing through here.

If the wind and fires weren't enough to deal with Mother Nature gave me a project this weekend. Luckily only the leafy branches hit anything so nothing was damaged from the fall (especially people). Need to get this one out of the way so I can get to the other one that's still on the tree and hanging over the house before it falls too.

Attached Images  
Old 12-08-2017, 04:17 PM
Sous
Is that your new home Brian? We had a ton of trees down recently during hurricane Irma, so now I have a lot of green wood for my new hobby, wood turning on a lathe.

Old 12-08-2017, 04:34 PM
Bill Kay
Senior User
Bill Kay is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Bill Kay is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Right now we have over 7 of snow on the ground plus what has already melted. The weatherman said last night 1-2 in the heaviest areas with no accumulation on the roads. They kinda missed this one. Just took my daughter over to her friends house and there is at least 3 on the roads.

Only job job where you can consistently be wrong and not get fired. I guess it is tricky though, a degree or two either way makes a huge difference.

Old 12-08-2017, 04:38 PM
Walleye Hunter
Post Fiend
Walleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to behold
Calling for a light dusting here but like Bill Kay says, you can never really tell so I attached the plow mount and checked the lights out. That pretty much ensures that we'll get nothing here this time around.

Old 12-08-2017, 04:46 PM
Sous
Originally Posted by Bill Kay View Post
Only job job where you can consistently be wrong and not get fired.
Nope, congress is another job like that...

Old 12-08-2017, 04:52 PM
Bill Kay
Senior User
Bill Kay is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Bill Kay is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Sous View Post
Nope, congress is another job like that...
True. More characters

Old 12-08-2017, 08:21 PM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
BBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Colorado350 View Post
12* yesterday, 47* this morning at 430...gotta love Colorado! Tired of this warm crap, I want SNOW, blowing SNOW and Cold! It's winter it should start acting like it!
You're crazy....I knew it!

Old 12-08-2017, 08:27 PM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
BBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Sous View Post
Home now, Christmas tree is shining bright, fire is roaring and the beer is 34 degrees...
I'll be right over

Old 12-08-2017, 08:51 PM
Colorado350
Postmaster
Colorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by BBslider001 View Post
You're crazy....I knew it!
I've been called much worse! LOL

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: *******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.