Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

*** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2017, 08:25 AM
Colorado350
Postmaster
Received 119 Likes on 84 Posts
I'm a true Carnivore, However, the animals I eat are all Vegan so it balances out. . I grew up eating Beef Liver, smoked beef heart, Veal brains/scrabbled eggs, Beef Tongue, Rocky Mountain oysters, pickled herring etc. Going through certain aspects of my Military training where hunger was used as a stressor it wasn't hard to realize grubs, earth worms, grasshoppers all provided a very important protein source. Some guys refused to eat or even consider eating them, you could quickly see the change in cognitive and performance abilities. I'd eat a grub before I'd go to McDonalds!

Old 11-30-2017, 10:02 AM
brian42
Lead Driver
Received 118 Likes on 78 Posts
Originally Posted by aawlberninf350
My secret shame; I like Big Macs too.
I'm a McRib guy. I don't even think there's any meat in them anymore (not that there was much to begin with). I'm convinced they are synthesized in lab until they get enough stockpiled for a limited release.
Originally Posted by 1077
Deep fried mountain oyster's with gravy on a bun, and a coke.
Originally Posted by Sous
Well, I have always said I would try any food at least once. I guess I would have to add this to the list.
They are quite tasty. I prefer them breaded and deep fried with a little lemon squeezed on top.

I remember taking a friend out to dinner and ordering them. He asked what they were and I told him to try one then I'd tell him. He ate one and said that it was pretty good. I told him what they were and his face bleached white almost immediately. He excused himself, went to the restroom, and "purged" the offending delicacy. He did not think it was funny but I couldn't stop laughing.

Originally Posted by Sous
I have had some pretty strange foods during my travels around the world. Some were memorable for the right reasons, others for the wrong reasons. I remember having eel in Pusan South Korea. It was right on the harbor in a tent/shack with 3 seats and a small bar. The owner removed the eel from the tank, sliced it up and cooked it with seasoning for about 20 seconds. When we started eating it, the thing was still moving around. That is probably one of my most memorable because of the environment and the menu at the time.
I've always try something local (go somewhere historic/famous for the area and try local foods). I don't regret anything I've had but there are many items that were one and dones like wallaby, camel, and various insects to name a few. Nothing as exotic as food still moving as Sous has had.

Old 11-30-2017, 10:27 AM
F250_
Hotshot
Received 199 Likes on 107 Posts
My guidelines have always been "As long as it doesn't move or make a noise when I cut it or stick it with a fork, I'll eat it." However, I have now realized I need to add one more criteria to be "objections" list, and that is "organs". I did grow up eating chicken livers, but I've outgrown many things from my childhood years, and that's one of them. That said, if I were starving, I'd eat whatever necessary.

Old 11-30-2017, 01:46 PM
ZachinCO
More Turbo
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Look what is coming to Colorado Springs!!

In-N-Out Burger coming to Colorado Springs - KRDO

Old 12-01-2017, 08:33 AM
Wes444
Logistics Pro
Received 1,132 Likes on 644 Posts
I'm thinking Chic Fila today 😁

Old 12-01-2017, 08:44 AM
F250_
Hotshot
Received 199 Likes on 107 Posts
I get to have my weekly Friday hot date lunch with my wife today! We started doing this every Friday about 2 years ago to supplement our annual long weekend getaway in the fall (just by ourselves). I chose to do this because an old timer at my office told me ten years ago that if I didn't start dating my wife again and going away with her periodically, we would no longer know one another by the time I retired and may well not even like one another any more... thus making the retirement years a real burden! We've been doing the fall getaway for about 7 years now, and a this point, our Friday dates and fall getaways are now our favorite times of the week and year, and we've grown closer than we ever were before!

Forgive me if that's getting too personal, but I'm just excited about lunch today!

Old 12-01-2017, 10:18 AM
Walleye Hunter
Hotshot
Received 888 Likes on 625 Posts
It's Mexican night at the Walleye household tonight. I've got a nachos recipe pretty down pat and chicken quesadillas are easy to through together. I know that nachos are supposed to be an appetizer but who can eat all than plus a couple of chimichangas?

Old 12-01-2017, 11:43 AM
Wes444
Logistics Pro
Received 1,132 Likes on 644 Posts
Same boat Pete. Although it's not always on a Friday.

Old 12-01-2017, 12:23 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
Originally Posted by F250_
I get to have my weekly Friday hot date lunch with my wife today! We started doing this every Friday about 2 years ago to supplement our annual long weekend getaway in the fall (just by ourselves). I chose to do this because an old timer at my office told me ten years ago that if I didn't start dating my wife again and going away with her periodically, we would no longer know one another by the time I retired and may well not even like one another any more... thus making the retirement years a real burden! We've been doing the fall getaway for about 7 years now, and a this point, our Friday dates and fall getaways are now our favorite times of the week and year, and we've grown closer than we ever were before!

Forgive me if that's getting too personal, but I'm just excited about lunch today!
Not too personal at all....these are great stories!

Old 12-01-2017, 03:43 PM
timmyboy76
Lead Driver
Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts
Wife just helped me finish up the last 3 homes of Xmas light install👍. Guess a dinner is in order....btw, all you fish'n freaks, a great GTW(get together week&#128513, mammoth 16-24 July, is in order. Mines booked at mammoth RV....ya buddy!

Old 12-03-2017, 09:27 PM
ZachinCO
More Turbo
Got a new diesel in the stable this weekend, bring on the snow.

Old 12-03-2017, 09:54 PM
Colorado Horseman
Tuned
Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts
New Holland (Ford) 4x4? Sweet, operated these in Douglas County on state ROW. Great tractor!

Old 12-03-2017, 10:03 PM
ZachinCO
More Turbo
Originally Posted by Colorado Horseman
New Holland (Ford) 4x4? Sweet, operated these in Douglas County on state ROW. Great tractor!
Not sure it’s a ford. I’ll have to double check. This is a 3.2L turbo charged 4 cal rated at 75hp. Should pull my small baler better than the Deere 4520.

Old 12-04-2017, 07:35 AM
Walleye Hunter
Hotshot
Received 888 Likes on 625 Posts
Originally Posted by ZachinCO
Not sure it’s a ford. I’ll have to double check. This is a 3.2L turbo charged 4 cal rated at 75hp. Should pull my small baler better than the Deere 4520.
New Holland bought Ford tractors out a few years ago. I do not believe that New Holland made regular farm tractors before that. They made skid steers, bailing equipment, wagons and such.

Old 12-04-2017, 01:55 PM
ZachinCO
More Turbo
Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter
New Holland bought Ford tractors out a few years ago. I do not believe that New Holland made regular farm tractors before that. They made skid steers, bailing equipment, wagons and such.
Yeah, I think the engine may actually be a FIAT brand. I know my NH 1114 Swather has a Ford 4cyl 256 diesel. Interesting engine.

Monday...

Quick Reply: *** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***