Sponsored by: DP Tuner

*** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 12:31 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
Originally Posted by Colorado350
The good Samaritan, was actually at home in his house when his daughter came in and said somebody was shooting at the church. So whether it was a Derringer or the evil A.R. 15 he still had to go get it. However, this response was far quicker than that of responding Law Enforcement. What I find interesting is when somebody shoots up a church or school everybody wants to ban firearms. However, when somebody uses pressure cookers to blow up a race in Boston nobody's screaming ban pressure cookers. When somebody drives through a crowd in New York City nobody wants to ban automobiles. When somebody goes through a crowd of people with a knife randomly stabbing them again nobody wants to ban knives. When the Military failed to report criminal violations to it's Civilian counterparts you don't see the Media and Liberals DEMANDING those responsible be held accountable...We blame the gun. Yet, these same individuals call an individual (LEO) with a gun when their families are threatened. And these individuals (LEO) have Occasionally been found guilty of committing crimes with their firearms...yet no one blames the LEO's firearm they blame the officer!
The fact of the matter is people want the illusion that their families are safe in their daily lives. And it makes them feel warm and cozy inside and it creates this illusion that banning in this case a gun they are somehow going to be safer from evil. The reality is evil exists, it will find a way to do it's evil deeds. If you could somehow ban and remove firearms, evil will simply use a different catalyst to obtain its objectives. We are blessed to be in a country where we don't see the military walking around with automatic weapons to keep our community safe, remember days after 9/11? However, this also creates an illusion we are somehow safer than we really are. You go to Europe, Iraq, Afghanistan, Israel, anywhere in the middle east and there are arm guards walking the streets, walking through the airports etc, prepared for evil in all its forms.
rant over...
I would definitely not consider this a rant. I would rather consider this a well-thought-out and communicated idea. Well done.

Old 11-20-2017, 12:32 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,440 Likes on 2,840 Posts
Originally Posted by Wesley Green
i was leaning gearhead, but need more research before I go the others. Sdk is new to me
Wesley, I hear you on the GH tunes. That is who I run and I am normally a big proponent of them. Although, as of late they seem to have gotten in over their head and cannot satisfy their customers needs. Maybe this is because of the lifetime tunes, maybe it is losing one of their techs, I don't know.

It seems that 1023 tuning through RiffRaff and SDK have stepped up to the plate, but this is only what I have seen and read. I don't have any first hand experience with either of these tuners.

Although, I can tell you this. If/when I get 160/80 injectors and need custom tunes I will go to GH again as I have already paid for lifetime tunes. If they are unresponsive or cannot get the tunes right after a couple of tries, I will be looking for something from 1023 or SDK.

Your money though, do your research before hitting the "pay now" button.

Old 11-20-2017, 12:55 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by Tugly
No politician today can so much as hint at regulating the color of a bullet without risking his career. If we were to limit guns to the non-mechanized type (like they did in Austrailia after Port Arthur), it would likely have to be a majority vote by the public in order to bypass the normal monkey feces toss that is our modern political process.

Even if this were to come to pass, what are the odds 100 million gun owners will allow their representative to vote to take what's left? We can't say they will come to get the rest without more evidence than what we have now. With total respect to you as my friend here, one could make the case that the notion they'd come after the rest is possibly a rationalization to prevent any change at all.
You are absolutely right, but still we elect these people over and over because they are the lesser of two evils running for the office position at the time.

Again, I am for changing the laws to make them more restrictive as long as they are sensible changes and do not hinder my right to buy a weapon of my choice if I am properly licensed. Although, a little give and take is in order and I would demand a nation wide CCP thrown into the changes as well.

I think I have said my peace on this subject and will step aside so that others may participate if they feel the desire to.

Three cheers for bringing up a hard topic to keep civil, but doing a great job at doing just that.

Old 11-20-2017, 01:38 PM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Sous
....Again, I am for changing the laws to make them more restrictive as long as they are sensible changes and do not hinder my right to buy a weapon of my choice if I am properly licensed. Although, a little give and take is in order and I would demand a nation wide CCP thrown into the changes as well....

At the risk of flirting with the religious rules here... amen.

Old 11-20-2017, 02:47 PM
brian42
Lead Driver
Received 118 Likes on 78 Posts
I am gaining weight now that I am out of the military. That is not McDonald's fault, it is not my silverware's fault, it is my fault.
No more PRT standards after 24 years...it's like being a kid in a candy store. Where's my metabolism when I need it!

Old 11-20-2017, 03:04 PM
SaintITC
Fleet Mechanic
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Same here. I guess running that mile and a half twice a year really was worth it...

Old 11-20-2017, 05:07 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
I guess if I were being fair I stopped doing PT in January of 17 because I was scamming out of PT as the old SNCO that was retiring in a month. My terminal leave started on February 2, so I guess I have had 9 months or so to pack on the weight.

I used to tell the troops at work "I am working up to my retired weight" and stick my gut way out to get a couple of laughs. My very last PT test was in November 16 and I scored the highest I had in 22 years which was a 97/100. That is only because I was in the 40-49 age bracket at that point and the 1.5 mile time went way up and repetitions for sit-ups and push-ups go way down. I was always above a 90/100, but was pretty happy to finish with a bang.

I tell you what though, my knees feel a lot better now that I am not pounding that cement every other day.

Old 11-21-2017, 07:34 AM
SaintITC
Fleet Mechanic
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Well, my 25 years of creditable service spanned 33 years, so I was almost 50 when I got out. The running never bothered me, but sit-ups started causing back pain around 40. Also they changed the scoring system in the Navy such that whatever your lowest score was, that became your overall, so what's the point? So I could no longer compensate a minimum sit-up score with a 9 minute run time and max pushups. You're allowed 3 failures in any 4 year period without administrative consequences, but too avoid the fat boy program I did them all, minimums all the way around, except running to loop back with some of the slower folks.

Old 11-21-2017, 08:28 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
When the wife calls to check on dad and baby.

So my wife and I are computing before I go to work, and she stumbles onto this. I just had to share.

Old 11-21-2017, 08:59 AM
Colorado350
Postmaster
Received 119 Likes on 84 Posts
That's priceless!

Old 11-21-2017, 09:32 AM
brian42
Lead Driver
I tell you what though, my knees feel a lot better now that I am not pounding that cement every other day.
Isn't that the truth. Everything is designed around the mission instead of convenience or comfort so it takes a toll on your body. You don't realize it until one day you go to the doctor for some aches and pains, they do some tests, call you back in (never a good sign) and you find out that you have degenerative arthritis in all of your joints.

I just moved from my 2 story townhouse (lived there for 13 years) into a 1 story house. I'll never go back to stairs!

Old 11-21-2017, 09:46 AM
mecdac
Lead Driver
Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Red face

Wife bought a new, smaller Nespresso machine because, "it was on sale... and what happens when the full size machine breaks...don't you want one in the travel trailer?"

No honey, I have a perfect $15 coffee maker that stores in a very handy location. When I'm camping I want camp coffee not something I can't pronounce coming out of a pod.

Old 11-22-2017, 03:43 PM
brian42
Lead Driver
Nothing like another beautiful fall day in Southern California. Clear, sunny, and 98F at my house today. Hopefully it dips into the 70s before Christmas.

Old 11-22-2017, 06:45 PM
z31freakify
Hotshot
Received 1,183 Likes on 812 Posts
Its freaking hot over here on the South West, feels like were still in summer.

Old 11-22-2017, 06:49 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
Originally Posted by brian42
Nothing like another beautiful fall day in Southern California. Clear, sunny, and 98F at my house today. Hopefully it dips into the 70s before Christmas.
Sure, rub it in...surf is prolly all time too.

Quick Reply: *** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***