Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Old 11-18-2017, 03:37 PM
Wesley Green
Posting Guru
Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.
Here's that link Sous

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1397909-afco-brake-lock-install-no-more-crappy-parking-brake-worry.html

here's another idea if you want to use the real brakes as a parking brake. Could always use a line lock for a couple minutes for much less. Or look into the hydraulic brake setup drifters use

https://www.finditparts.com/products/1178987/mico-02-640-125

Now off to pick up 3 full loads of Christmas decorations

Old 11-18-2017, 05:57 PM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
BBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant future
Happy Saturday fellas....better late than never I guess (sheepish grin)...

Old 11-18-2017, 06:09 PM
Bonanza35
Post Fiend
Bonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to behold
Tugly changed the levels on his, the ones the cables connect to and it worked for him. I haven't done that yet because mine looked good. I put new shoes also and that didn't work. Old shoes were fine.

Old 11-18-2017, 06:09 PM
Sous
Moderator and SXE Junkie!
Sous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputation
That was the one, thanks Wesley.

Old 11-19-2017, 06:01 AM
Tugly
Post Fiend
Tugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputation
I was more of the mind of "OK everybody! Out of the pool!"

My park breaks work just fine when I launch/retrieve the boat.

Old 11-19-2017, 06:39 AM
Tugly
Post Fiend
Tugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputation
This is the only place I can post this outside of the members-only forum. I don't want to dive into this topic, because it's a bottomless pit - lined with protruding razors. I just want to express one thought and get your take on that one thought:

Oklahoma City Bombing was an example of how those who intend to kill, don't need to fire a bullet. Saying that, the law was change to reduce the possibility of a repeat. 22 years later, so far... so good. The number of crazies out there has only increased in that time, and the number of mass shooting are commensurate with that fact - but when was the last big bombing on US soil?

I'm not anti-gun, but I'm also not "Leave the second amendment alone." I have a lot of guns, I am trained on their proper use and storage, and I am fully aware of the capabilities/weaknesses of each gun I own. I once lived in an area where my concealed weapon permit was put to the test, now I just carry when I travel.

I propose a tweak to the 2nd amendment - limit our firepower to non-mechanized loading guns, like muzzle load and breech load/bolt action guns. I have those, as well as semi-autos, lever action, and cylinder guns. If everybody just had 1 or 2 shots before the need for reload, Vegas would have had a very low victim count - if it would have happened at all. If somebody "having a bad day" decided to go on a spree, these types of weapons don't lend themselves to that. Decent citizens could still own/collect guns, plink, hunt, defend ourselves, conceal-carry, and whatever else goes with legal gun use. Crazies would have to find a different way to release their angst, because they'll know they can't shoot their way into the history books.

I don't want to drag all my friends down the rabbit hole of banning guns, the same as the old "who's the best tuner" battles. I just want to know your thoughts on this one idea I propose.

If you feel a breech-load gun can't defend you, you overlooked "the American way" - anything worth doing is worth overdoing.

Old 11-19-2017, 07:35 AM
Sous
Sous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputation
Rich, like you I own and have carried many weapons. Again, like you I have had to point my weapon at human targets before, once was in my house that I live in now...

I strongly agree with your thought of
I'm not anti-gun, but I'm also not "Leave the second amendment alone."
Many things in our world evolve and change over time. Technology, species and laws. Take for example cell phone usage. 20 years ago cell phone usage while driving was not a problem, today it clearly is. Perhaps it is time for the 2nd amendment to change a bit, or at least the laws around it change.

I also disagree with your thought on not allowing
mechanized loading guns
I prefer semi-auto weapons and really do not like revolvers or bolt action weapons. This is in the case of hand guns and rifles. This is only my preference though, and the only thing I have to back this up is that it is a preference. Perhaps because this is what I was taught on, and have been exposed to for the past 3 decades.

Besides, take away the mechanized loading weapons from those of us that are willing to and obligated to obeying the laws, then that leaves those individuals that don't give a damn about the laws with them. Why don't we make murder against the law, or brandishing a weapon against the law?

Often times in a panic situation where someone that has a gun and fires it in self defense misses the target more often then hitting it. Using something like a shot cartridge or shotgun would help with this, but I would rather give my wife a .22 hand gun that she is a crack shot with that hold 10 rounds instead of a pistol that fires shot.

People that want to kill people will find a way. Be it with a gun, truck or bomb.

On a side note:

Recently I purchased a semi-auto rifle stock that will accept an AR style barrel. This stock has been modified to be legal in all 50 states, because of the modifications. This allows me to carry the weapon in all 50 states, as long as I follow the ammunition storage and capacity laws in that particular state. I bought a 7.62 barrel and now I have a 50 state legal rifle that fires 7.62 ammo via various sized magazines. I take it on camping trips with us for protection from humans and animals alike. Also, it is a lot of fun to shoot.

I am also very supportive on a CCP that is good nation-wide.

I am also very supportive of increasing the background check spectrum, to include gun shows and/or personal sales.

I am also supportive of the "come and take them" mentality, see signature picture below... The gun is often the ultimate equalizer in a situation and I may not be writing this today if I had not met the individual at my doorway with my 9mm raised up in clear view. He had so many priors that when the judge sentenced him he received 20 years in prison. One of those priors was assault on a police officer with a knife... This man was gaining access into my home...

Most of the information above is my opinion and that alone. I respect others opinions and am always willing to listen to their side, but there is no guarantee that I will agree

Old 11-19-2017, 07:54 AM
Wesley Green
Posting Guru
Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.
Gun shows.... So much miss information out there.
In my state at least (ya know us toothless gun nut loving rednecks of Oklahoma) gun shows have background checks for every gun purchased. The same as if it were being bought at any other store in the state. There is no "waiting period" like in my in-laws state

Old 11-19-2017, 08:03 AM
Sous
Originally Posted by Wesley Green View Post
ya know us toothless gun nut loving rednecks of Oklahoma
Plenty of us in GA too...

Old 11-19-2017, 08:08 AM
Tugly
Post Fiend
One short thought on the bad guys having mechanized reloading - once the illegal stuff has been flushed out of our system, acquiring the illegal guns drives the buyers to the black market. The black market does not provide weapons to high school kids wanting to get even with bullies or teachers. If it did, the $30,000 price tag for a black market AR15 just might dissuade the teenager from taking that tack.

For the prices on the black market, buyers are more likely to be in a bad business, and use illegal guns on other bad guys in competition with them. Nobody spends $5000 on an illegal semi-auto hand gun to rob a citizen for meth money.

Maybe I haven't followed along closely enough, but I thought I recall the mass shootings taking place with guns lawfully purchased - but either someone in the household/family got their hands on it by nefarious means, or the owner turned to the dark side. The Vegas guy didn't break a single law... until the moment he broke a lot of them. He was rich, so there's no saying he wouldn't have at least had a couple of guns. If the gun laws change to non-mechanized loading, hotel policy might include inspection of guns entering their property. This won't stop a 1911 from getting in, but most of the concert goers wouldn't have been in such great danger from a 1911 or a 30-06 hunting rifle.

Old 11-19-2017, 08:18 AM
Wesley Green
Posting Guru
30-06 would just have a slower firing rate. Even without a detachable box magazine (which is an option) they hold 5, and a scope would make it more actuate than the "spray and pray" mentality he took. Think headshots vs an arm or leg. Granted that guy was wealthy, so even black market prices wouldn't have stopped him. Can i throw his recent religion conversion into the mix since were talking can of worms?

Old 11-19-2017, 08:36 AM
Tugly
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Wesley Green View Post
30-06 would just have a slower firing rate. Even without a detachable box magazine (which is an option) they hold 5, and a scope would make it more actuate than the "spray and pray" mentality he took. Think headshots vs an arm or leg. Granted that guy was wealthy, so even black market prices wouldn't have stopped him. Can i throw his recent religion conversion into the mix since were talking can of worms?
I'm not thinking of eliminating all murders by lead... that's the problem with the gun debate. It's easy for people to get entrenched in the all-or-none camps available, leading to more mud slinging than problem solving. I think we can all agree poverty will never be gone... nor will hunger, the seven deadly sins, taxes, death, murder... and hair loss.

We had the Boston Marathon bombing, but that didn't have the devastation of Oklahoma City. Can we just focus on crippling the ability for people having a bad hair day from having a high body count during their conniption fit?

Taking loss out of the equation - if the government found a way to swap every relevant gun out for non-mechanized reloading guns, without expanding the deficit... can we tinker with that premise? Just for fun... say the government sold all the automated guns they swapped from us at no profit or loss - to the citizens of Argentina.

Old 11-19-2017, 08:46 AM
Tugly
Post Fiend
By the way.... You guys have been real civil about this so far, making good points. Thank you for that.

Old 11-19-2017, 08:52 AM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
BBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant future
I'm just glad to have Texas Pecan coffee in my hands this morning.

Rich and Sous, you both bring up some good points. Appreciate the discussion...the civil discussion, as Rich stated

Old 11-19-2017, 12:38 PM
hydro man 17
Posting Guru
hydro man 17 has a good reputation on FTE.hydro man 17 has a good reputation on FTE.
I agree with Rich to a point. The thing that keeps coming back to me is the old verse that "When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns." I also believe that the cost to purchase a given "illegal" gun is somewhat of a moot point in that most criminals don't buy guns - they steal them!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: *******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.