Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Old 10-30-2017, 08:43 PM
SaintITC
Posting Guru
SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.
Yeah, we have an old pre-lit. Setup is a mess too. The lights look like regular light strings, just very tightly wound around the branches, but it still has individual plugs that have to be connected. But it's pretty after several hours of labor. Unfortunately half the strings didn't work last year. Due to all of the renovations going on here, we never got around to finding a replacement. And with a 2 year old grandson this year, we gotta have a good tree. Yes, I know he'll never remember it, but the pictures will ... Hopefully there'll be a good Cyber Monday sale

Old 10-31-2017, 07:45 AM
Tugly
Post Fiend
Tugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputation
Nice find, Pete. Thanks for sharing that, and congratulations.

As for the tree, my wife bought one of those fancy life-like plastic trees before we were married, and it looks nice after it's set up. However... setup is a real pain after it's been in storage in the box for a year. All the branches are condensed, and we spend a lot of time "fluffing" the tree to appear lifelike again. Given the built-in propensity for failure, I'm glad it's not pre-strung with lights. It would be tougher to test/maintain, and you are stuck with that style of light for as long as you own the tree. Maybe one wants to change to bubblers, icicles, or something not yet invented.

If one wants to light up the house for the holidays without the hassle of climbing a ladder or webbing the yard with extension cords, you can consider a holiday projector - but be prepared to be disappointed.

Old 10-31-2017, 07:54 AM
Rikster-7700
Posting Guru
Rikster-7700 has a very good reputation on FTE.Rikster-7700 has a very good reputation on FTE.Rikster-7700 has a very good reputation on FTE.Rikster-7700 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Tugly View Post
If one wants to light up the house for the holidays without the hassle of climbing a ladder or webbing the yard with extension cords, you can consider a holiday projector - but be prepared to be disappointed.
EXTREMELY disappointed...... Good warning to heed!

Old 10-31-2017, 10:14 AM
ZachinCO
Senior User
ZachinCO is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
It's not even Thanksgiving yet and we're talking Christmas trees...

Old 10-31-2017, 11:19 AM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
BBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ZachinCO View Post
It's not even Thanksgiving yet and we're talking Christmas trees...
Right? Man I love Thanksgiving...one of my favorite times of the year.

Old 11-01-2017, 06:37 AM
Tugly
Post Fiend
Tugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputation
Thanksgiving - loose britches day.

I normally travel to Reno for the week of Thanksgiving, but our travel date and destination has shifted this year. While bloat day is supposed to be with family, I am fully expecting a disaster. Ever watch National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation? Think Tugly's Tumultuous Turkey Time. If this were to occur on Halloween, I wouldn't need a mask... for the deer in the headlights look on my face.

My wife is laughing her *** off as I write this, because I'm not making this stuff up.

Old 11-01-2017, 08:19 AM
ZachinCO
Senior User
ZachinCO is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
So Rich, you're expecting cousin Eddie to come over and then the show begins?

Mornin y'all! Hump day. One of my daughters turns 12 today, although she's been acting like a teenager for years... Thankfully she was not born on 10-31...

Old 11-01-2017, 08:55 AM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
BBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Tugly View Post
Thanksgiving - loose britches day.

I normally travel to Reno for the week of Thanksgiving, but our travel date and destination has shifted this year. While bloat day is supposed to be with family, I am fully expecting a disaster. Ever watch National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation? Think Tugly's Tumultuous Turkey Time. If this were to occur on Halloween, I wouldn't need a mask... for the deer in the headlights look on my face.

My wife is laughing her *** off as I write this, because I'm not making this stuff up.
This is awesome Rich. It seems to be more the norm these days than an anomaly...myself included. Someone always has a little too much and gets real "honest". It happens every year. My wife and I just stand back and watch. It gives a lot to talk about on the way home.

Old 11-01-2017, 03:27 PM
Wesley Green
Posting Guru
Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.
same old every year here. Usually meet up around 10, eat till 1, guys fall asleep while the females watch the parade and dog show, guys wake up and go hunting, then we reheat food and have dinner.

Old 11-01-2017, 03:47 PM
SaintITC
Posting Guru
SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.
What? Eat twice in one day? I'd never fit in another suit again. What an awesome idea!

Old 11-01-2017, 04:49 PM
Wesley Green
Posting Guru
Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by SaintITC View Post
What? Eat twice in one day? I'd never fit in another suit again. What an awesome idea!
You only eat ONE big meal on thanksgiving?

Old 11-01-2017, 05:01 PM
Walleye Hunter
Post Fiend
Walleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Wesley Green View Post
same old every year here. Usually meet up around 10, eat till 1, guys fall asleep while the females watch the parade and dog show, guys wake up and go hunting, then we reheat food and have dinner.
What? Who does the dishes?

Old 11-01-2017, 05:03 PM
hydro man 17
Posting Guru
hydro man 17 has a good reputation on FTE.hydro man 17 has a good reputation on FTE.
"I'd never fit in another suit again."
__________________________________________________ _____________
I think that I have a suit somewhere, but I would have to search hard to find it. Besides, I seriously doubt that it fit anyway.

Old 11-01-2017, 05:04 PM
Walleye Hunter
Post Fiend
Walleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to behold
Once upon a time I had a Polish girlfriend (true story). Her parents were from Shamokin, PA, a coal town. We used to go to her maternal grandmother's for Thanksgiving (great eating). The women actually cooked and waited on the men while they (we) ate then cleaned up and ate while we crashed on the couch. I found the whole process interesting and sort of entertaining but who was I (the outsider) to complain about it?

Old 11-01-2017, 10:20 PM
timmyboy76
Post Fiend
timmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Rikster-7700 View Post
EXTREMELY disappointed...... Good warning to heed!

or.. You can hire me and my studs. Been banging lights for a week now. Booked thru first week of December. 4-6 homes a day It's how we do it

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: *******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.