Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Old 07-11-2019, 10:48 AM
timmyboy76
Post Fiend
timmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by BBslider001 View Post
I'll be curious to see what kind of differences you see with the turbo upgrades brotimaayyy....I might follow suit if it seems worth it. I have been happy with the stock setup so far, but there is always room for improvement regarding the turbo stuff.

Wes, you're setup and mine are almost identical....from the fuel setup, etc....
You aint shiat on the wall, BruthaBy...you were next.
You also towed a monster thru i8 to San Diago(Burgandy). 02 was DYING and it was flying solo lol.
I see you mentioned fuel system the same as Wesley. Ill be regulated. Got the FPR the other day.
Im pulling the trigger after Mammoth(tmrw im bouncing). Dont want anything around here, sitn in the mailbox...

1)KC turbine wheel
2)6x6..not sure who
3)360* kit

Exhaust,..my trucks' gay. Didnt like the muff..haha
Do need to figure out intake. Present state is stock.
Tuned, ill give the TD BullyDog a shot. If no dice, ill go the SousXE pho 65hp route...

Old 07-11-2019, 12:23 PM
FordTruckNoob
A Prairie Home PSD
FordTruckNoob has a good reputation on FTE.FordTruckNoob has a good reputation on FTE.FordTruckNoob has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Sous
FordTruckNoob your killing me with this food ****... Keep it coming though!
Okay, you asked for it!!

Last Christmas: Bone-in prime rib roast.

Attached Images  
Old 07-11-2019, 12:27 PM
FordTruckNoob
A Prairie Home PSD
FordTruckNoob has a good reputation on FTE.FordTruckNoob has a good reputation on FTE.FordTruckNoob has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Sous
FordTruckNoob your killing me with this food ****... Keep it coming though!
About a month ago: Korean yangnyeom fried chicken and beer (aka chimaek)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chimaek

Attached Images  
Old 07-11-2019, 01:23 PM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Wesley Green View Post
Oh don't sell yourself short. I bought my vette used for my 21st birthday back when i made peanuts
Chevy Chevette doesn't count.

Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
Oh, and persuant to someone else's suggestion I have switched to hardwood heating stove pellets.
I would seriously reconsider smoking food using heating wood pellets. Personally, I would only ever use food-grade pellets for cooking. I know people will use heating pellets in their smokers and they say it works well for a cheaper price, but that aint always true. A lot of the heating pellets are made from woods you don't wanna use for smoking meats, like pine or spruce. That kind of wood can really mess up the flavor of the meat. The wood heating pellets are also made from stuff like used pallets, plywood, particle board, etc. Byproducts like glue and bark can also change the flavor of the meat. Especially tree bark, it can sour the meat. In short, since heating pellets are not produced with food consumption in mind, there are no real standards you can count on when it comes to safe wood sources and binders. That aint a problem is you wanna heat your house, but when you're talking about cooking food, if not for your health, I wouldn't risk the taste.

Stay safe. Use only food-grade wood pellets.

Stewart

Old 07-11-2019, 02:04 PM
Sous
Moderator and SXE Junkie!
Sous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputation
So, some of you know I don't do well in public/crowded places or in crowds since my military service and 5 deployments. When we went to the nearest city yesterday to buy a year worth of steak, hamburger, pork, etc I nearly lost my **** in Sam's Club. My wife was very patient and helped me down off the ledge and the trip turned into a very successful trip.

We decided to take today off today and hang out to enjoy life before our small grocery run to stock up on food and goodies for our camping trip next week. Anyway, I am chilling on the couch with the dogs playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey with the dogs and drinking some beer. My wife is sitting next to us painting with some new water colors.

We thought this was a good song to tribute to the day since we watched him on AGT last night. Both my wife and I have strong Viking heritage, so even before we heard him sing we liked him

Also, because Waylon is one of the best musicians to ever walk this planet...

Here is to hoping your weekend treats you well, here is to hoping everyone out west stays safe during the earthquakes, here is to hoping people stay above water in Louisiana and here is to hoping your days are easy and your family is wonderful to be with and full of laughter and smiles...

Old 07-11-2019, 10:39 PM
timmyboy76
Post Fiend
timmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Sous View Post
So, some of you know I don't do well in public/crowded places or in crowds since my military service and 5 deployments. When we went to the nearest city yesterday to buy a year worth of steak, hamburger, pork, etc I nearly lost my **** in Sam's Club. My wife was very patient and helped me down off the ledge and the trip turned into a very successful trip.

We decided to take today off today and hang out to enjoy life before our small grocery run to stock up on food and goodies for our camping trip next week. Anyway, I am chilling on the couch with the dogs playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey with the dogs and drinking some beer. My wife is sitting next to us painting with some new water colors.

We thought this was a good song to tribute to the day since we watched him on AGT last night. Both my wife and I have strong Viking heritage, so even before we heard him sing we liked him

https://youtu.be/5YpSO45g8d0

Also, because Waylon is one of the best musicians to ever walk this planet...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNpLSaCirj8

Here is to hoping your weekend treats you well, here is to hoping everyone out west stays safe during the earthquakes, here is to hoping people stay above water in Louisiana and here is to hoping your days are easy and your family is wonderful to be with and full of laughter and smiles...
You got a good woman, SousXE
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oq_iA37qY5o

Old 07-11-2019, 11:05 PM
Sous
Moderator and SXE Junkie!
Sous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by timmyboy76 View Post
You got a good woman, SousXE
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oq_iA37qY5o
Sir, that is our song... No kidding... Crazy how you picked that one...

We sing it to each other when it comes on the radio, we dance to it if we are at a restaurant...

A couple of years ago we were at a local mom and pop restaurant way back in the woods here and they had a live singer. He played that song and when wife and I got up to dance nearly the entire restaurant followed our lead. There were only about 20 other people there, but it was still great to see.

Alan Jackson did his own version of Blues Man a while ago that is pretty good too.

My wife is a saint in my eyes and I know I would not be alive today without her, that is a fact.

Old 07-11-2019, 11:11 PM
timmyboy76
Post Fiend
Call it when I see it, man...
Outdoor living, taste in music..R8!
Brutha from anutha *****..

Old 07-12-2019, 05:51 PM
Walleye Hunter
Post Fiend
Walleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Sous View Post
We are only going about 25 miles from the house to a campground on Lake Hartwell. The CoE has about 7 campgrounds on the lake and they are very well taken care of and spacious spots. We prefer boondocking in the mountains, but sometimes it is nice to be a campground.

I will post up some pictures here when we get settled and have cracked open the first beer.

FordTruckNoob your killing me with this food ****... Keep it coming though! I had dreams of going to a culinary school just to learn how to make delicious things in fancy ways. Not because I wanted to be a chef or work in a restaurant, just because I wanted to eat and enjoy these things. UGA and Clemson are within an hour from me, so the opportunity is still there if I decide to take that path one day.
Additionally, chicks dig it when a guy can cook a good meal...oooh yeah, we're all married now so that part's no longer relevant.

Old 07-12-2019, 06:00 PM
Walleye Hunter
Post Fiend
Walleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Stewart_H View Post
Chevy Chevette doesn't count.

I would seriously reconsider smoking food using heating wood pellets. Personally, I would only ever use food-grade pellets for cooking. I know people will use heating pellets in their smokers and they say it works well for a cheaper price, but that aint always true. A lot of the heating pellets are made from woods you don't wanna use for smoking meats, like pine or spruce. That kind of wood can really mess up the flavor of the meat. The wood heating pellets are also made from stuff like used pallets, plywood, particle board, etc. Byproducts like glue and bark can also change the flavor of the meat. Especially tree bark, it can sour the meat. In short, since heating pellets are not produced with food consumption in mind, there are no real standards you can count on when it comes to safe wood sources and binders. That aint a problem is you wanna heat your house, but when you're talking about cooking food, if not for your health, I wouldn't risk the taste.

Stay safe. Use only food-grade wood pellets.

Stewart
Aaaa, where is your sense of adventure? I have looked into it a bit and took the dive, $6.50 for a #40 bag of pellets that my neighbor could burn if I don't like them was worth the experiment. And I found a local outfit who claims to offer premium hardwood pellets, no bark, low ash. They also make hickory and maple and blended pellets, who's to say what's in them? FWIW, I have heard from several sources that there is no such grading of pellets for food use but that might be a falsehood, though I have been unable to find any so designated. I know of one other, personally who uses them and have read around a little and seen that there are more of us. My first batch of ribs received no complaints. My next examination will be the amount of ash in the pit when the hopper is empty, not that that's a show stopper.

Old 07-13-2019, 07:44 AM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
BBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant future
Came home with this last night. It's the new chase vehicle. I guess when the transmission take a dive, you get a new one, along with all new components.

Name:  IMG_20190711_170433.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  1.44 MB

Old 07-13-2019, 11:03 AM
Colorado350
Postmaster
Colorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud of
Came home with this last night. It's the new chase vehicle. I guess when the transmission take a dive, you get a new one, along with all new components.

Attachment 265007
I expected a video where the car pulls forward and there’s a new truck behind it. . It looks good, KIA?

Old 07-13-2019, 11:07 AM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
BBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Colorado350 View Post
I expected a video where the car pulls forward and there’s a new truck behind it. . It looks good, KIA?
Haha...yessir...2020 Soul S, completely redesigned and re-engineered. I'm pretty stoked.

Old 07-13-2019, 11:44 AM
ArmyLifer
Elder User
ArmyLifer is a splendid one to beholdArmyLifer is a splendid one to beholdArmyLifer is a splendid one to beholdArmyLifer is a splendid one to beholdArmyLifer is a splendid one to beholdArmyLifer is a splendid one to beholdArmyLifer is a splendid one to behold

Attachment 265007
Iím a little surprised it isnít in your signature yet

Old 07-13-2019, 12:56 PM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by ArmyLifer View Post
Iím a little surprised it isnít in your signature yet
You're right! I gotta get on that.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: *******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.