Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Old 06-17-2019, 04:56 PM
Walleye Hunter
Post Fiend
Walleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Colorado350 View Post

Picture looking down on I70 this past Saturday. Thereís still a significant amount of snow at elevation.
That is perty, which side of the continental divide are you on? From what I hear Lake Meade should benefit from this last winter.

Old 06-17-2019, 06:33 PM
Colorado350
Postmaster
Colorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Bonanza35 View Post
Love the picture. Do you hunt John? Had some friends go to Colorado every year for Elk. Never got there myself.
Oh yeah, Iím strictly a bowhunter nowadays. I hunt Elk, Bear, deer, turkey etc, if Iím around for the season. I took an elk three years ago with the bow, he stood 63 yards broadside, never knew I was there. He trotted maybe 40 yards and fell, but was 4 miles from camp and another 3 from my vehicle. It was a crap ton work but worth every drop of sweat!

Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
That is perty, which side of the continental divide are you on? From what I hear Lake Meade should benefit from this last winter.
Mark, Iím on the East side. The Mountains in places are 1000% of average snow pack for this time of year.

Old 06-17-2019, 11:08 PM
Bonanza35
Post Fiend
Bonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up

[QUOTE=Colorado350;18711042]Oh yeah, Iím strictly a bowhunter nowadays. I hunt Elk, Bear, deer, turkey etc, if Iím around for the season. I took an elk three years ago with the bow, he stood 63 yards broadside, never knew I was there. He trotted maybe 40 yards and fell, but was 4 miles from camp and another 3 from my vehicle. It was a crap ton work but worth every drop of sweat!

Know horses? I've done that carrying bit but now use horses for that work. I'm just to old for putting meat on my back and walking miles out several times. Have a soft bag I leave on the horse above the saddle bags. Couple guys over the years shot Moose where we've used four horses for one animal. And that was leaving the hide and ribs behind. Wasn't mine, I could never do that with only one for life time shoot. Boy is that meat good. I've never drawn that tag and won't even send for it anymore. Was to much for out of state tag. I've never got into bowhunting but all my friends have. I guess I have to many hobbies.

Chet

Old 06-18-2019, 07:58 AM
Colorado350
Postmaster
Colorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud of
[QUOTE=Bonanza35;18711429]
Oh yeah, Iím strictly a bowhunter nowadays. I hunt Elk, Bear, deer, turkey etc, if Iím around for the season. I took an elk three years ago with the bow, he stood 63 yards broadside, never knew I was there. He trotted maybe 40 yards and fell, but was 4 miles from camp and another 3 from my vehicle. It was a crap ton work but worth every drop of sweat!

Know horses? I've done that carrying bit but now use horses for that work. I'm just to old for putting meat on my back and walking miles out several times. Have a soft bag I leave on the horse above the saddle bags. Couple guys over the years shot Moose where we've used four horses for one animal. And that was leaving the hide and ribs behind. Wasn't mine, I could never do that with only one for life time shoot. Boy is that meat good. I've never drawn that tag and won't even send for it anymore. Was to much for out of state tag. I've never got into bowhunting but all my friends have. I guess I have to many hobbies.

Chet
ĎHey Chet,
Iíve been around horses not sure Iíd go as far as saying I know them. Horses would definitely make all things easier but I donít really have access to a real pack horse. A buddy has a large ATV but Iím not a fan of their noise, smell etc when hunting. I currently have 2 moose points in Colorado, three is the magic number for seriously being considered for drawing a tag. Moose like Bighorn sheep is a 1 tag per lifetime draw, so if I ever get that coveted letter I may hire an outfitter with horses to increase my odds. My body has seen a rough life and I push it harder than most, hopefully I draw those tags before I get too beat up.

Old 06-18-2019, 11:20 AM
Bonanza35
Post Fiend
Bonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to behold
Moose is a special hunt. Don't want to waste that tag if drawn. We usually see them every year in Idaho where we've been going. Years back there was an albino in the hills where are camp was. The local Idaho guys new it was there and asked us if we've seen it. We told them where it went but they wouldn't get out of there vehicle to walk the mountains. So don't know if it was taken or not. Love those trips, but it's been a while now. My body to has gone thru a lot to. God bless,

Chet

Old 06-23-2019, 10:52 AM
Colorado350
Postmaster
This is Colorado for y’all …

Old 06-23-2019, 11:32 AM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
BBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant future
This is Colorado for y’all …
Oh man, been there when I lived in Wellington. Was working on my horse trailer that morning, 65*....dropped to about 25* and snowed 2 feet within 6-8 hours. I was not happy LOL. I moved about a month later.

Old 06-23-2019, 01:44 PM
Walleye Hunter
Post Fiend
Walleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to behold
This is Colorado for yíall Ö
Trump's fault.

Old 06-24-2019, 08:33 AM
F250_
Post Fiend
F250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputation
I literally canNOT imagine living with snowfalls during SUMMER months! That's just CRAZY!

On another note, I'm finally settled in my job search efforts. Don't have to leave where I am, but it's time for a change. I have offers in both Tucker, GA and upper-mid SC (south of Charlotte, NC). The offer in GA is severely lacking on relo expense coverage, and would simply be a lateral move to keep doing the same thing I've been doing here in Birmingham for the last 14 years, so I'm taking the other offer and will be moving to the south side of Charlotte in the coming weeks. We have actually already found a home, and hope it stays on the market long enough for me to get the official offer letter from the new company (run by a long-term personal friend of mine) so we can get pre-approved and make an offer. We're fortunate to not have to get our home here sold before we buy there, but I sure hope we don;t end up with too long of a time in paying two mortgages.

NOW, I've got to get off my rump and get my ball joints, injector shims, and injector o-rings done really quickly while also trying to get the house ready to market, and then.... as it usually happens, found out my mom is getting a pacemaker installed this Friday, so I will have to spend the following weekend (of 4th) visiting here while my sister is out of town -- have to make sure she doesn't do something stubborn like getting behind the wheel!

Old 06-24-2019, 09:58 AM
Wesley Green
Posting Guru
Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.
I feel ya Pete. Moving current house into storage places, listing ours, and hoping the one we want doesn't sell b4 ours does.

Old 06-24-2019, 10:06 AM
Sous
Moderator and SXE Junkie!
Sous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by F250_ View Post
I literally canNOT imagine living with snowfalls during SUMMER months! That's just CRAZY!

On another note, I'm finally settled in my job search efforts. Don't have to leave where I am, but it's time for a change. I have offers in both Tucker, GA and upper-mid SC (south of Charlotte, NC). The offer in GA is severely lacking on relo expense coverage, and would simply be a lateral move to keep doing the same thing I've been doing here in Birmingham for the last 14 years, so I'm taking the other offer and will be moving to the south side of Charlotte in the coming weeks. We have actually already found a home, and hope it stays on the market long enough for me to get the official offer letter from the new company (run by a long-term personal friend of mine) so we can get pre-approved and make an offer. We're fortunate to not have to get our home here sold before we buy there, but I sure hope we don;t end up with too long of a time in paying two mortgages.

NOW, I've got to get off my rump and get my ball joints, injector shims, and injector o-rings done really quickly while also trying to get the house ready to market, and then.... as it usually happens, found out my mom is getting a pacemaker installed this Friday, so I will have to spend the following weekend (of 4th) visiting here while my sister is out of town -- have to make sure she doesn't do something stubborn like getting behind the wheel!
F250_ Welcome to my neck of the woods!

That location will put you close to the mountains, the beach, the city, the country and just about anything else you or your family wishes to see or do. Keep us updated, good luck on your move and stay safe!

Also, if you are headed up I-85 when you move, when you go by "Dad's Restaurant" at exit 177 in GA, give us a wave!

Old 06-24-2019, 11:06 AM
F250_
Post Fiend
F250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputation
Thanks, Sous. We do go the I-85 route, and will gladly give you wave when we drive by. I did think of you yesterday as we were driving past the lake on the way back, but just didn't have the exit reference in mind. Lord willing, we're actually going to be on the NC side of the border, but only about 30 minutes from the plant. I just got a text from the HR manager a short while ago, and we will be nailing down the salary figure right after lunch today. Once I get the official letter in my hands, we'll proceed with an offer on the house we found.

Old 06-28-2019, 10:06 PM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
BBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant future
Seems everyone is busy for the summer. Hope the thread is not dying. I hope everyone has a great weekend and we shall all catch up soon.

Old 06-28-2019, 10:19 PM
Glowplugger
Elder User
Glowplugger has a very good reputation on FTE.Glowplugger has a very good reputation on FTE.Glowplugger has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by BBslider001 View Post
Seems everyone is busy for the summer. Hope the thread is not dying. I hope everyone has a great weekend and we shall all catch up soon.
I got tied up building a new home office. Wife decided she wanted to be home all the time so we need more space. Debating whether or not to install Pella windows and doors in it. Great quality, but the cost is monkey-with-a-football level of stupid. Don't know if I want to deal with cheaper quality though, long term.

And our wind here is 60 mph almost every day, so my fence blew down, added that to the list.
With all the rain lately the weeds are growing like...well...weeds...so lots of upkeep on vines, weeds, tree trimming, etc.

Dang English ivy reached the soffits again so when you pull them off they leave marks - now I need to paint.

House may be in constant disarray, but my truck is running like a top so a hearty "Take that" to the world in general.

Old 06-28-2019, 10:46 PM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Glowplugger View Post
I got tied up building a new home office. Wife decided she wanted to be home all the time so we need more space. Debating whether or not to install Pella windows and doors in it. Great quality, but the cost is monkey-with-a-football level of stupid. Don't know if I want to deal with cheaper quality though, long term.

And our wind here is 60 mph almost every day, so my fence blew down, added that to the list.
With all the rain lately the weeds are growing like...well...weeds...so lots of upkeep on vines, weeds, tree trimming, etc.

Dang English ivy reached the soffits again so when you pull them off they leave marks - now I need to paint.

House may be in constant disarray, but my truck is running like a top so a hearty "Take that" to the world in general.
Well hey, the truck is all good....that's all you need LOL.

But seriously, sounds like you have been busy!!! Why are the winds so crazy?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: *******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.