Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Old 10-13-2017, 07:10 PM
Tugly
Post Fiend
Tugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by BBslider001 View Post
....my favorite day is here,..
Friday the 13th really lived up to it's rep at work today. I'm grabbing a cold one now.

Old 10-13-2017, 07:30 PM
Wesley Green
Posting Guru
Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Tugly View Post
Friday the 13th really lived up to it's rep at work today. I'm grabbing a cold one now.
totally forgot that's the date. And here i was planning on pulling the front hubs and lubing the needle bearings tonight. May settle for a movie night instead

Old 10-13-2017, 10:18 PM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
BBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Wesley Green View Post
totally forgot that's the date. And here i was planning on pulling the front hubs and lubing the needle bearings tonight. May settle for a movie night instead
Uh oh...I hadn't even thought about it. Now it makes sense why all kinds of crap kept going wrong at the ranch today. Cold beer has been had....time for bed!

Old 10-14-2017, 05:16 AM
mecdac
If it flies, it dies
mecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputation
Smile Talladega Fall Race

The truck is slap full of diesel, the generator is full of petrol, the water tank in the TT is full, firewood in the back.

We are heading to 'Dega for Earnhardt Jrs last race at a superspeedway. Sunday morning we'll have a tailgate with some customers and employees then 188 laps of circuitous rotations.

See y'all on Monday.

Old 10-14-2017, 08:34 AM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
BBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by mecdac View Post
The truck is slap full of diesel, the generator is full of petrol, the water tank in the TT is full, firewood in the back.

We are heading to 'Dega for Earnhardt Jrs last race at a superspeedway. Sunday morning we'll have a tailgate with some customers and employees then 188 laps of circuitous rotations.

See y'all on Monday.
Sounds like a bunch of fun getting ready to be had!! Enjoy....take some photos!!

Old 10-14-2017, 10:45 AM
SaintITC
Posting Guru
SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.
I spent all day running all day yesterday running around - to Minneapolis and back - and completely forgot the US Navy's 242nd Birthday. So a belated Happy Birthday to all you Sailors out there - me included!

Old 10-15-2017, 07:27 AM
Tugly
Post Fiend
Tugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputation
I've been hauling the contents of my storage unit to my storage trailer. It is clear to me that I should have stopped at a dumpster and unloaded before reaching the trailer a couple of times.

Old 10-15-2017, 08:39 AM
SaintITC
Posting Guru
SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.
It's a trailer. Why didn't you haul the trailer to the storage unit, and then back home?

Old 10-15-2017, 08:40 AM
Sous
Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.
I've been hauling the contents of my storage unit to my storage trailer. It is clear to me that I should have stopped at a dumpster and unloaded before reaching the trailer a couple of times.
During my military career moves we always looked at a change of station as a way to "clean house". Now that we have been in our house for 7 years and are no longer active duty, it is clear we need to purge some of this crap.

We are big on donations to Good Will, Salvation Army and local thrift stores that support the community. We always donate our unwanted things, unless they are clearly junk/trash.

Collect memories, not possessions.

Old 10-15-2017, 08:47 AM
andym
Post Fiend
andym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by SaintITC View Post
It's a trailer. Why didn't you haul the trailer to the storage unit, and then back home?
I think he's got you there Rich!

Old 10-15-2017, 09:42 AM
Tugly
Post Fiend
I erected Gorilla shelving in the trailer and put stands under the trailer to help support the weight. The shelves would tumble if I drove with them erected, the load would never physically fit without the shelves, and the suspension can't handle the weight. Does anybody remember Al and Frank?

For those wondering why I don't get a storage structure to handle the weight... I can't place a structure (permanent or temporary) within 75 feet of the water you see behind the trailers... but I can get away with vehicles sitting that close (even if by name only). Less than two years of storage fees pays for the trailer.

Old 10-15-2017, 03:31 PM
andym
Post Fiend
andym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputation
You're like me. Rational to a fault. Needless to say I agree with you!

Old 10-15-2017, 08:58 PM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Sous View Post
During my military career moves we always looked at a change of station as a way to "clean house". Now that we have been in our house for 7 years and are no longer active duty, it is clear we need to purge some of this crap.

We are big on donations to Good Will, Salvation Army and local thrift stores that support the community. We always donate our unwanted things, unless they are clearly junk/trash.

Collect memories, not possessions.
I have not been active duty, but working on ranches and gaining experience has made our life a lot like the military. We have the exact same mentality. It has helped keep our life clutter free, but it looks like that is about to change here in the ext few months. I refuse to pay to store things anymore. Memories are much better for sure.

Old 10-16-2017, 09:58 AM
F250_
Post Fiend
F250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputation
My wife keeps us clutter free. Every year... EVERY year... she goes through the attic and all the closets and purges bags of donations to charity. Any junk gets thrown away, but decent and good stuff gets donated. After being in our house for 11 years, we're down to about 10-12 boxes in the attic, and most of that is stuff which belongs to a couple of my kids and will be given to them as they obtain storage room and move out of the house. She used to come up with 4-8 bags 4-5x per year, but it is now generally down to only about 1-2 bags twice yearly.

I'm slowly beginning to adopt her mindset in the garage, except all you guys already know that the right tool for the right job is only ever needed occasionally when that job gets done... i.e. the O2 sensor socket that was left at the house from 4 years ago when my 25yo was swapping engines in a BMW... it has NEVER been needed or used by me until This Weekend when my 21yo son needed it to R&R the O2 sensors on either side of his Outbacks catalytic converter... or the router which has sat unused for nearly two years which did some amazing work for me yesterday... or... you know!

Old 10-16-2017, 12:12 PM
hydro man 17
Posting Guru
hydro man 17 has a good reputation on FTE.hydro man 17 has a good reputation on FTE.
Yes there is something to be said for being a pack rat. Someone that is "organized" can look in his shop and see right away that he doesn't have a 5/8 x 16 castellated hex nut in the appropriate slot. Whereas the pack rat KNOWS he has one - in one of the five gallon buckets of "stuff" in the garage, somewhere.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: *******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.