Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Old 04-21-2019, 10:06 AM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
BBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by timmyboy76 View Post
Damn Sous...your home away from home,..at your home. Their any fish in that there lake?
Signed into the CLM to see whats crack'n..Nothing in Inyo county but Bass Lake and Tahoe area need help.
I figure, can dump the house onto the traveling nurses that migrate here. That way, brother knows the homes' in good hands and ill be paid..let the nurse rental gig run its course while i cruise around from park to park each month...
Now, on the 5th wheel/rv forum, ScrapRat is my idol lol..dudes' been BLMing it for 3yrs. Lots of BLM land when cresting the Sherwin Pass, heading into Mammoth..may try that for abit..
BB, howd you go about hosting?
Timmy I applied to San Diego parks.org. if you look on workamper.com, you can look up California or Arizona and see what spots are open. There's a ton of places looking depending on your area, but you should be able to find something and it really is a pretty good deal. A lot of these parks are a sight to behold.

Wes, looks like it was a good first outing. Your setup looks great and that spot looks all time.

Old 04-21-2019, 10:28 AM
Bill Kay
Senior User
Bill Kay is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Bill Kay is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Happy Easter brothers. HE IS RISEN!!!

Old 04-21-2019, 10:41 AM
Wesley Green
Posting Guru
Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.
He is risen indeed!

Old 04-21-2019, 11:00 AM
'88 E-350
Posting Guru
'88 E-350 has a very good reputation on FTE.'88 E-350 has a very good reputation on FTE.'88 E-350 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by BBslider001 View Post
hahahaha....best post all week. How's it brew? Good or what? I have some Kona blend going this morning. Stuff is addictive.
I love fresh roasted coffee. I started roasting several years ago but haven't done it in about a year. I keep thinking "I need to order some raw beans" and never get around to it. I use a Whirly Pop stovetop popper for roasting, it's a common cheap method. 714shane uses a unique roaster, a modded bread maker, and he brought it over to show it off. Then made me more at my preferred darker roast for my Bday.

When beans are roasted they're initially fairly bland, after a few hours and through the first couple days they're awesome, then they loose it. I can't imagine anything at the store being fresh enough to smell or taste what fresh is. I don't drink coffee the "proper" connoisseur way, I'm a cream & sugar guy. But as the non-snooty whiskey experts say, the only proper way to enjoy it is to enjoy it your way. There have been a few occasions of the right bean, right roast, and right brew that make it too good to add anything to, but my habit is cream & sugar. Kinda like my habit for rum is with home made sugar free cola & ice, but I occasionally get in the mood for sippin it neat. I'd talk about home brewed rum & whiskey, but making that is illegal so I don't do it at all....but I've heard it can be interesting.

Old 04-21-2019, 11:12 AM
'88 E-350
Posting Guru
'88 E-350 has a very good reputation on FTE.'88 E-350 has a very good reputation on FTE.'88 E-350 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Sous View Post
We may/will do camp hosting in the north ID (spring/summer) area one day.

After nearly 9 years of living in our home near Lake Hartwell GA, we finally have a flag pole!

25ft pole and 4'x6' flag, we think it looks great and are proud to fly it.

View from 1/2 way across the pond and opposite the house.

View from end of pond opposite the driveway.
That is awesome!

What's the weather and flying bug level like in that area? My dream is to have my own pond/lake with fish, in a place that doesn't get too swampy or cold and has a healthy respect for freedom. Being able to have a legal shooting gallery in my yard would be ideal. Yea, it's a dream, but it might exist.

Old 04-21-2019, 11:36 AM
Sous
Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by '88 E-350 View Post
That is awesome!

What's the weather and flying bug level like in that area? My dream is to have my own pond/lake with fish, in a place that doesn't get too swampy or cold and has a healthy respect for freedom. Being able to have a legal shooting gallery in my yard would be ideal. Yea, it's a dream, but it might exist.
We really like the flag! We have wanted one there since the day we moved in 9 years ago this summer.

Weather is perfect for us, but may not be for others. Below is a graph that shows "averages".

I usually tell people that ask, our temperatures range from 40 to 90 degrees with lows and highs below and above that for very short periods.

The mosquitoes are no worse here than they are most other places we have been and we have been to almost all 50 states and most continents around the globe. I would say that around sunset the mosquitoes start to come out, but then the bats come out of the trees and get rid of them by 10 PM or so in the summer time. Flies, not really a problem, and that is it really because we don't mind the others like dragonflies, bees, etc...

The key for the pond is to have an inlet and an outlet, that way it will not be a stagnant body of water. As stated above, we have tons of fish and love it!

As for a "healthy respect for freedom", GA is right there with that. A short example is that about 7 years ago we had a guy break into the garage and then tried to gain access to the house. Well, I met him at the door with my 9mm and Doberman and after the Sheriff Deputy arrested him, we discussed what had happened. I did fire a warning shot when I thought he was going to run. I told him I would kill him dead on my property and would sleep in my own bed. Of course I didn't want to kill the man, but I would have if it came down to me and my family or him.

After discussing his options, he finally laid down on the ground with his hands behind his head until the Deputy rolled him over with cuffs on.

He got 20 years in prison with a minimum of 10 served because he had 5 prior offenses. I got a "good job" and a court appearance date if I wanted to speak to the judge. Stand your ground or Castle laws are good to have for people like me.

I like my firearms and I like to buy what I want no matter what someone else thinks I need. I can do that here in GA (many other places too) and not have to jump through hoops.

Shooting gallery, check...

I have a target range that is short distance 100 yards from my back door. It faces the woods with a big hill blocking the rounds from going into the woods. I fire anything from rifles to shotguns to hand guns back there and it is great to have that sort of access.

The south is dramatically different as you travel through the areas and states. North GA is drastically different than middle GA and southern GA just as an example. We lived in middle GA for 5 years at Robins AFB and could not stand it. Here in north GA we are 3 hours from the Atlantic ocean beach, 1 hour from the mountain foothills, 2 hours from the mountains (eastern mountains) and 1.5 hours from downtown Atlanta. We love this area as we can get to anything we like in a short time.

We vacation in the northwest and southwest region of the country. ID, AZ, MT, TX, etc... We always look forward to coming home... It is not for everyone though and I realize that what makes us happy, does not make everyone happy.

Look at BBslider001 for example. He just left Nebraska (I lived there for 2 years, couldn't wait to get out) to go back to CA. That is where he and his family are happy and I commend him for going back. I would not do that in a million years, but that is one of the best parts about being in this country. If you travel far enough, you will find a landscape, climate and area that you are dreaming about.

PM me if you have any specific questions and I would be glad to address them.

Happy Easter everyone!

Old 04-21-2019, 11:56 AM
Bonanza35
Post Fiend
Bonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to behold
Happy Easter to all my brothers and sisters out there. And yes, he has risen. That climate sounds awesome Sous. That area has to be on my lists of travel places. Not sure my other half would like to be that far out, but it is always what I've wanted. God bless guys,

Chet

Old 04-21-2019, 12:51 PM
Walleye Hunter
Post Fiend
Walleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to behold
I just gotta say, Sous, your place sounds perfect to me, congratulations. I don't have it so good but I have it pretty good and my need to go other places to get away has left my bones. When you live on a resort there's not much reason to leave.

Old 04-22-2019, 10:12 AM
'88 E-350
Posting Guru
Sounds pretty good there. I'll quietly sneak my boat onto the lake and live there, you'll hardly notice :-)

Old 04-30-2019, 06:54 PM
timmyboy76
Post Fiend
timmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud of
Arrowhead

All you SoCal anglers..little bro hit Arrowhead over the weekend and landed these badboys..called lightning trout

Old 04-30-2019, 07:04 PM
Walleye Hunter
Post Fiend
Walleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to behold
That's a nice stringer of fish there. Can't say that I ever saw yellow like that.

Old 04-30-2019, 07:05 PM
Colorado350
Postmaster
Colorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to behold
Well, it’s Spring in Colorado...this was 630 this morning.

Old 04-30-2019, 09:54 PM
Wesley Green
Posting Guru
Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.
How are you doing fellers? Almost done with our cold mill outage Keep asking my wife what day it is. I tend to lose track of time after a week of 12s. Been a long 2.5 weeks. Ready to get a day off to do some camping again. Welp, break time's over, ttyl

Old 05-01-2019, 11:55 AM
Sous
Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.
I like living in the country...

I like having a shooting range just out my back door...

I don't like cities...

I don't like crowds...

I don't like lines...

I like birds, trees, fish and peaceful people...

I like cold beer...

I don't like horns, sirens or anything similar...

So, while we are getting things finalized for our trip up to Philadelphia next week to help a friend out for a few days, I am getting more and more anxious as the days go by. I planned a route that avoids cities like DC, Baltimore, Richmond, etc...

Happy Wednesday everyone, be safe and be good to one another out there!

Old 05-01-2019, 12:54 PM
Walleye Hunter
Post Fiend
You're coming to Philtytown? Woo hoo! You gots to check out South Street, it's the main circus down there. And if you come up I-81 there's only 12 miles in the communist state of MD so you can bring your heater along and only have to tear it down for a short jaunt.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: *******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.