Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Old 03-15-2019, 01:54 PM
F250_
Post Fiend
F250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputation
Brian, it's a tough situation, but as I've said before, I am also lined up in the same direction as you're heading, so I understand the bittersweetnes of where you are. I hope that you find yourself something you're really happy with, and just ask that you keep us in the loop as you drive forward into the "hunt". For obvious reasons, I have a great interest in what you end up and how the decision-making process gets lived out.

Old 03-15-2019, 02:49 PM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
BBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant future
Brian, what all of these guys said. Though I know where there is a very nice leak free zf6 lariat for sale.

Old 03-15-2019, 03:58 PM
Wesley Green
Posting Guru
Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by BBslider001 View Post
Though I know where there is a very nice leak free zf6 lariat for sale.
Even tho that was actually my first thoughts as well, to see it in print it's like you brought a bottle of Jack to the AA meeting

Old 03-15-2019, 04:27 PM
brian42
Post Fiend
brian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant future
Brian, what all of these guys said. Though I know where there is a very nice leak free zf6 lariat for sale.
Originally Posted by Wesley Green View Post
Even tho that was actually my first thoughts as well, to see it in print it's like you brought a bottle of Jack to the AA meeting
That did cross my mind but a crew cab is the only option.

I've invested so much of my time and money into this one that any other one would always be compared to "the one". Plus the last 3 years have been more of a repair cycle than project list so it's time to take a break as much as I love the engine and truck.

Old 03-18-2019, 01:09 AM
Bonanza35
Post Fiend
Bonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to behold
If they won't pay you for some on your upgrades, ask them if you can pull them off. Looking at your list I'm sure you could sell some of them. My neighbor did that and the insurance company said go a head. Why not.

Old 03-18-2019, 08:01 AM
brian42
Post Fiend
brian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant future
I went to the body shop on Saturday to clean out all the personal stuff that was still in the truck (glove box, center console, under the seats). The only extra stuff I helped myself to was some USB charging cables I wired through the dash to keep things clean (did I mention I'm OCD?) and the Hydra. The PCM is flashed with a PHP modified stock tune for single shots so it runs fine with the PCM flying solo. I fired it up one last time and it ran fine with no SES light.

I considered either trying to buy it back or pillage it for parts but my wife put the kaibosh on that. I'm sure I could probably break even or make some money if I bought it back and parted it out but I agree with my wife that the return vs. man-hours invested (for removal, advertising, packaging, selling) is not high enough with current family and work schedules. As much as I would love to get as much back in my pocket from the truck it's just not worth the effort right now and for me the loss is as much sentimental as it is financial (11 years of family weekends, road trips, etc.).

I will try to get as much of my investment back through negotiations and receipts and move on from there but thanks for the recommendation. Had this been a different time it might have been a viable option.

Old 03-18-2019, 11:45 AM
Bonanza35
Post Fiend
Bonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to behold
My neighbor had it brought back to his house for a few days. That's when he removed what he wanted. They are not going to drive it, just have it towed to the yard for auction. But I know what you mean. Have a great day and stop bye when you can.

Old 03-18-2019, 02:24 PM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
BBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by brian42 View Post
I went to the body shop on Saturday to clean out all the personal stuff that was still in the truck (glove box, center console, under the seats). The only extra stuff I helped myself to was some USB charging cables I wired through the dash to keep things clean (did I mention I'm OCD?) and the Hydra. The PCM is flashed with a PHP modified stock tune for single shots so it runs fine with the PCM flying solo. I fired it up one last time and it ran fine with no SES light.

I considered either trying to buy it back or pillage it for parts but my wife put the kaibosh on that. I'm sure I could probably break even or make some money if I bought it back and parted it out but I agree with my wife that the return vs. man-hours invested (for removal, advertising, packaging, selling) is not high enough with current family and work schedules. As much as I would love to get as much back in my pocket from the truck it's just not worth the effort right now and for me the loss is as much sentimental as it is financial (11 years of family weekends, road trips, etc.).

I will try to get as much of my investment back through negotiations and receipts and move on from there but thanks for the recommendation. Had this been a different time it might have been a viable option.
I'll help you strip some stuff if you need. Lemme know. We can get after it in one day easy.

Old 03-18-2019, 04:18 PM
brian42
Post Fiend
I appreciate the offer but I talked with the insurance company and their intial offer was more than fair (I couldn't have sold it for that price in its current condition) and within $200 of the high end I was hoping for. I'm going to send them some receipts to see if it adds to the check but I'm happy with what I'm getting. Rather than taking the time to try and strip it and deal with selling stuff to defray the loss I'm going to take the opportunity to just let it go. I will be combing through my garage soon to sell off all the parts (some of them new still in the box), pieces, and special tools that I will no longer need.

They pick it up from the shop tomorrow and off it goes. Took a couple of pics before I walked away for the last time...

Old 03-18-2019, 04:30 PM
Wesley Green
Posting Guru
Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.
I'll help you strip some stuff if you need. Lemme know. We can get after it in one day easy.
Let me know when the party starts. Can only take so much excitement at the in laws

Old 03-23-2019, 11:31 AM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
I'm guessing with the weather warming, everyone is outside like me and enjoying more time away form the PC. Hopefully all you infadels are well and good! Happy Saturday.

Old 03-23-2019, 12:23 PM
Glowplugger
Elder User
Glowplugger has a very good reputation on FTE.Glowplugger has a very good reputation on FTE.Glowplugger has a very good reputation on FTE.
I'm guessing with the weather warming, everyone is outside like me and enjoying more time away form the PC. Hopefully all you infadels are well and good! Happy Saturday.
Except for the rain, which we needed, it's been too great to be inside. I started the flooring/foundation work (used a bobcat for the first time, loved it) on a shed that has morphed into my new office so that's been fun. Learning tons of new stuff. Also, who knew "plumb and square" was an important thing? Not me until this week!

Old 03-23-2019, 12:53 PM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
Great to hear! Yeah, plumb and square applies to a lot LOL!!

Old 03-24-2019, 02:40 PM
Wesley Green
Posting Guru
Ahh, good to be home. 3,170 miles cross country n back this week. 1,469 miles in the past 22 hrs. Somehow she only drove 6 1/2 of those hrs home...

Got to come home to a purdy 7.3 in the drive waiting for a drive to Lowe's.

1 thing is for sure, the economy is booming. We haven't seen so many semis or commercial towing on the interstates since about very early 2002. Trucks lining every exit to get their 8 hr bunk time, parking lots full of sleepers, every truck fuel lane full, truck convoys lining the right lane, drivers mentioning that everyone is hiring like crazy trying to keep up with demand. Usually all traffic peters off between 11pm and 5am, was still truck after truck headed both directions all night long on our drive out last week and then back again.

Now off to Lowe's and grocery run

Old 03-25-2019, 12:08 PM
timmyboy76
Post Fiend
timmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud of
While i wait for my hpop lines to come in to wrench on the truck, this has been utulizing my time as of late..(leakage at ds hose fitting at head, reason for the cncfab style lines now)..has 6gals of primer between gazebo and new added patio

Ready for hi gloss..

Installing porch solar lamps..lol

Added 12ft of patio. Rain would find its way onto bbq

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: *******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.