Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Old 02-14-2019, 12:57 PM
Walleye Hunter
Post Fiend
Walleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to behold
Well...how did that happen?

Old 02-14-2019, 02:11 PM
HD Rider
Posting Guru
HD Rider has a great reputation on FTE.HD Rider has a great reputation on FTE.HD Rider has a great reputation on FTE.HD Rider has a great reputation on FTE.HD Rider has a great reputation on FTE.HD Rider has a great reputation on FTE.
Inquiring minds want to know.

Old 02-14-2019, 02:23 PM
brian42
Post Fiend
brian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant future
I was commuting to work this morning on the freeway. It all happened next to me and I never saw it coming. I saw something in my peripheral vision and before I could even glance over *BAM* and I was sideways.

Best I can piece together is that a car got airborne and went straight into my truck. I was able to recover and get to the shoulder but the car wasn't so lucky and ended up on it's roof in the median. Luckily everybody walked away.

Going to swing by my local body shop on the way home and get an estimate. I don't think there's any frame damage as I was hit pretty high and the steering wheel wasn't off-kilter driving it since then.

The cab damage concerns me as the KBB on my truck is nothing impressive.

I'm sure most of that is the door being deformed from the impact but, if not, that can't be cheap to fix.

It was nowhere near what Tugly (Rich) went through but I'm glad I was in a steel-framed sheet metal box when it happened. It could have been a lot worse.

I didn't think I got hit that hard but starting to feel it a bit. Nothing like walking down the sidewalk, eating your ice cream, and getting tackled by Terry Tate.

Old 02-14-2019, 02:43 PM
Walleye Hunter
Post Fiend
Walleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to behold
Sheesh,hope it works out for you.

Old 02-14-2019, 03:03 PM
Bonanza35
Post Fiend
Bonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to behold
Yes, sorry to see this Brain. Let us know what the body shop says. You would be surprised what they try to say is to costly to fix. If that happens, get your receipts together. Hope it all works out!

Old 02-14-2019, 03:07 PM
F250_
Post Fiend
F250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputation
I HATE it when a body shop has to get involved! Sorry that happened to you, Brian!

If the body shop can fix the "Lambo-style" door scenario on my wife's Lexus, yours should be an easier fix. In my case, a shop technician went to lift the car to replace one tire, and managed to lift the vehicle with one of the lift arms lifting upwards on the "still open" DS door -- and VOILA! That's how you get a Lambo door on a Lexus!)

Old 02-14-2019, 06:31 PM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
BBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant future
Good grief Brian!! Glad you are ok. I had to get out in it today and it was crazy!!! Holler if you need anything. I'm just down the street.

Old 02-15-2019, 12:58 AM
Wesley Green
Posting Guru
Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.
Y'all need to quit talking up the 4" exhaust, I'm trying to hold back and not install it while i have everything pulled apart for the clutch job with easy access, so i that can accurately give an update on the turbo upgrade

Old 02-15-2019, 06:54 AM
HD Rider
Posting Guru
HD Rider has a great reputation on FTE.HD Rider has a great reputation on FTE.HD Rider has a great reputation on FTE.HD Rider has a great reputation on FTE.HD Rider has a great reputation on FTE.HD Rider has a great reputation on FTE.
Glad you're not hurt Brian.

Old 02-15-2019, 09:04 AM
ZachinCO
Senior User
ZachinCO is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Wow brian42 glad you're ok. I've been watching the SoCal weather, looks like its been crazy wet. That sure brings all the road grime to the top.

Hope the body shop can do you right!

Old 02-15-2019, 09:42 AM
brian42
Post Fiend
brian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ZachinCO View Post
Wow brian42 glad you're ok. I've been watching the SoCal weather, looks like its been crazy wet. That sure brings all the road grime to the top.

Hope the body shop can do you right!
Thanks.

It's not the grime as much as the drainage. Lots of spots where water has pooled up due to overloaded drains.

Body shop estimate is less than the insurance company's value for the truck but is close to the "gray area". Once you reach a certain percentage of the value the insurance company has to tell the shop to go ahead (and give them a new maximum repair amount) or call it a day, cut their losses, and write me a check. It will depend on what they find inside when they start removing panels and if the frame was affected. If the front door would have been crunched too that might have been a deal-breaker. As it stands now there's a 75% chance that the Money Pit will make it through surgery.

Old 02-15-2019, 09:48 AM
ZachinCO
Senior User
Originally Posted by brian42 View Post
Thanks.

It's not the grime as much as the drainage. Lots of spots where water has pooled up due to overloaded drains.

Body shop estimate is less than the insurance company's value for the truck but is close to the "gray area". Once you reach a certain percentage of the value the insurance company has to tell the shop to go ahead (and give them a new maximum repair amount) or call it a day, cut their losses, and write me a check. It will depend on what they find inside when they start removing panels and if the frame was affected. If the front door would have been crunched too that might have been a deal-breaker. As it stands now there's a 75% chance that the Money Pit will make it through surgery.
You mean CalTrans Engineers didn't properly size drainage and do their due diligence for grade away from lanes of traffic??? <----<< Sarcasm font....

Old 02-15-2019, 02:29 PM
Wesley Green
Posting Guru
Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.
Drainage? You mean it actually rains in Cali?

Old 02-15-2019, 03:10 PM
ZachinCO
Senior User
Originally Posted by Wesley Green View Post
Drainage? You mean it actually rains in Cali?
I think that is a quote from the CalTrans handbook...

Old 02-16-2019, 08:10 AM
Wesley Green
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by brian42 View Post
Took mine out during my lunch break.

8mm bolt head.
shoot, not sure how i missed this post. Thanks Brian! Tried to rep ya but appears i'm still in jail.
Thanks again

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: *******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.