Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Old 01-10-2019, 02:43 PM
Walleye Hunter
Post Fiend
Walleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to behold
The natives are getting restless in PA as gun rights activists march on Pittsburgh protesting pending legislation banning certain arms.

Gun Rights Rally in Pittsburgh.

Old 01-10-2019, 03:46 PM
Colorado350
Postmaster
Colorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
The natives are getting restless in PA as gun rights activists march on Pittsburgh protesting pending legislation banning certain arms.

Gun Rights Rally in Pittsburgh.
Mark,
I love the following quote:

"I think people are misunderstanding the situation a little bit. They think we're getting rid of all guns," Councilman Corey O'Connor said. "I'd just like to let them know that if you follow the language in the bill, it's assault weapons, it's bump stocks, it's things like that.

‘He has no idea what a assault rifle is, just generalizing the AR, bump stocks were already addressed by the Feds … the last phrase: “stuff like that”. I have to laugh, same old generalizations. It’s easier and cheaper to feel safe at night when you believe the problem is a gun and if you just ban them you’ll actually BE safe.

Old 01-10-2019, 03:58 PM
Sous
Sous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputation
Watch out, that one guy has one of those scary scary guns with a scope... He also has Mechanix gloves and other "things like that"...

Old 01-10-2019, 04:21 PM
Colorado350
Postmaster
Colorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to behold
Exactly Sous! I could go to Cabelas and get an air rifle that looks like an AR and ask them if we should ban this gun? They would say yes simply based on their visual observation.
With regards to the bump stock, if you have an assault rifle, what do you need a bump stock for…?

Old 01-10-2019, 04:41 PM
Sous
Sous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Colorado350 View Post
With regards to the bump stock, if you have an assault rifle, what do you need a bump stock for…?
Because you don't know how to shoot properly and you have stupid money to spend.

Got some more work done on the camper solar today. It takes a lot more time to plan the wire route, measure, cut, crimp and heat shrink than I thought it would. Getting there though and really happy with how things are coming along.

The large blue 4/0 wires (blue) will be wrapped in color correct wire loom, then supported by clamps as they run from battery bank to battery bank.

Old 01-10-2019, 06:27 PM
Wesley Green
Posting Guru
Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.
Take your time and enjoy Sous
An orderly wiring job takes a bunch of time, but can make the same job by the same person either look like a professional or a rats nest hack.

Old 01-10-2019, 06:32 PM
hydro man 17
Posting Guru
hydro man 17 has a good reputation on FTE.hydro man 17 has a good reputation on FTE.
"It’s easier and cheaper to feel safe at night when you believe the problem is a gun and if you just ban them you’ll actually BE safe. "

Kind of reminds me of the old bumper sticker - "When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns."
Doesn't exactly give me a warm fuzzy feeling.

Old 01-11-2019, 07:13 AM
Tugly
Post Fiend
Tugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputation
I'm fine with guns, so long as they and the ammo are taxed enough to harden schools, churches, malls, concerts, malls, movie theaters, etc.... OR... just sell the stuff that's very difficult to go into mass-murder mode. Pick your fave.

If they banned the stuff typically used in mass shootings, I'd lose about half my guns - but I'd still have guns.

Old 01-11-2019, 07:51 AM
Sous
29 degrees this morning here in GA... One of you northern fellas left the door open and swept the cold air to us!

Old 01-11-2019, 08:11 AM
F250_
Post Fiend
F250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputation
It was a big door they left open, Sous... it was 28°F over here on the south side of Birmingham.

Old 01-11-2019, 08:23 AM
Sous
Since the ground is frozen in the back of the property where I park the truck, I decided today was a good day to make a run to the landfill to get rid of construction waste and what not. Went out to the truck, turned the key, gave it 40 seconds for the GP's to warm up, turned the key and in about 1.5 seconds (I was counting and didn't get to 2) the truck fired right up. A bit of white smoke out of the pipe, but not much.

30 seconds or so later as I was walking away toward the house the high idled started up.

Cold, but good morning. Now I just need the sun to heat us southerners up a bit so I can work on the solar wiring for the camper some more.

Old 01-11-2019, 08:28 AM
Walleye Hunter
Post Fiend
Walleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to behold
The lunatics that are shooting things up are making it tough on the rest of us. Has anyone noticed what's going on in France lately?

Old 01-11-2019, 09:21 AM
ZachinCO
Senior User
ZachinCO is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Happy Friday Mornin Fellas!
Snow if falling, dart throwers predicting 2"-5". I'm leaning on the higher end myself. We really need the moisture here in CO and it will be back up to 50° in a few days... Not sure how that will affect the guys building my barn.

Speaking of my barn, they started putting on the purlins yesterday.

Speaking of "representatives" and guns..read the bills they introduce when they say "assault weapons" ban. I've seen a few wanting to ban all "semi-automatic" weapons....

Old 01-11-2019, 10:01 AM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
BBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant future
I don't know about anyone else, but I have been flat wore out on the gun rhetoric. I kind of liken it the "running out of water" rhetoric that was rampant in the mid 2000s. Last I checked this morning, water still comes out of the faucet. We aren't out of water or boiling sewer water to survive like "they" said we would. That was supposed to happen by 2010 by the way. I dunno....I guess until my neighbor comes running saying "hide your guns, they're coming for them right now!!!!!", I am just going to keep on with my arms and breathe the next breath. There is such a lack of clarity on these mass shootings and such a fog created that I don't even listen anymore. I pay attention to my immediate surroundings and make sure my family is as safe as I can possibly make room for. Sounds apathetic or careless, flame me I guess. When you're raising kiddos and just trying to be happy while we are here for this short time, this stuff can sure put a damper on it all. Someone I love and admire said "he who tries to keep his life will lose it, but he who loses it will surely gain". I guess I live by those words. They wanna take guns...they are gonna take them. There aren't enough of us to even consider making an "Army" for the great revolution. That would take a million to even think about. It's just not reality. If it were that serious, I don't have anti-AC armament to take down an F-22. This ain't the 1700s....no muskets and bayonets. I am guessing we would be taken down by aircraft id it were really that serious. I think "pry it from my dead fingers" is a fantasy. It just won't happen that way. Tanks, APC vehicles, and LOTS of goons come to mind.

Happy weekend all.

Old 01-11-2019, 10:08 AM
Walleye Hunter
Post Fiend
Not going above freezing here for the day but it is nearing mid-January so it's not out of the norm. Happy weekend to all.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: *******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.