Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Old 01-09-2019, 01:47 PM
Sous
Sous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputation
Solar equipment mocked up today. Tomorrow is permanently mounting the components and start building the wires.

Old 01-09-2019, 02:10 PM
Bonanza35
Post Fiend
Bonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Tugly View Post
Laundry list.... Yeesh. After the accident, I was rummaging through what was left of Stinky and it was as much a shopping list as anything else. Truck aside (get it - hyuk), two tablets were smashed, some CPAP hardware was damaged, my phone has a crack in it (even with an Otter case), a bottle of Peppermint Schnapps scented everything, a cargo box shattered and strew the contents everywhere, three sets of reading glasses are destined for the dumpster, a destroyed suitcase, a cracked cover on my 1-year-old Honda generator, and one piece of luck: I had a 2 1/2 gallon jug of Triax in the bed, and the impact popped the top off, never to be found again - but all 2 1/2 gallons stayed in the jug when it landed on its base. Imagine that slathering everything in the bed and cab.

I'm still reeling from Christmas, I have a truck to buy, and I want to shut the money spigot off - but I have to keep replacing broken stuff.

I think I'm going to have a huge garage sale this spring - engines/parts, tools, motorcycle, tires/rims - and that doesn't include Stinky parts yet.
If your going to go with the T4 I'd be interested in the 38R. Let me know what your selling off Stinky. I have a lot to do to mine before this summer. Planning on a long trip, couple months I hope towing 35 foot of toy hauler.

Old 01-09-2019, 03:26 PM
Walleye Hunter
Post Fiend
Walleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by BBslider001 View Post
Nice Adam! Was the sensor not working?

Hahahahahahahaha.... classic!

You and I are the same cut. I admire it too, especially when it's nice and dry again. We head out in about 2 weeks give or take a few days. Hopefully about the 25th. I still have a few things to finish out here and our trailer needs some attention. Nothing major, just little tweeks and stuff. I am going to start a new thread to log the trip like I have done in the past.
You sound like a regl'r nomad, every time I read your stuff you're preparing to move.

Old 01-09-2019, 06:03 PM
Bonanza35
Post Fiend
Bonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to behold
I thought you liked it in Nebraska, they still have free land. You just have to build on it.

Old 01-09-2019, 07:22 PM
z31freakify
Post Fiend
z31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to behold
Byron, I broke the connector clips and EOT sensor when I was tackling the HPOP drain fiasco. Updated to the 96-03 style sensor and pig tail, also noticed that I never re- installed the IAT sensor when doing the 6637 many, many years ago, whoops!!! Hopefully this will fix my "no high idle when cold" that hasnt work for more than 7 years, I do have high Idle on my TS6 but would be nice to get the factory one to work again.

Old 01-09-2019, 10:59 PM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
BBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by z31freakify View Post
Byron, I broke the connector clips and EOT sensor when I was tackling the HPOP drain fiasco. Updated to the 96-03 style sensor and pig tail, also noticed that I never re- installed the IAT sensor when doing the 6637 many, many years ago, whoops!!! Hopefully this will fix my "no high idle when cold" that hasnt work for more than 7 years, I do have high Idle on my TS6 but would be nice to get the factory one to work again.
Nice job Adam. I hope it works out too.

Originally Posted by Bonanza35 View Post
I thought you liked it in Nebraska, they still have free land. You just have to build on it.
Chet, after a year of exposure, I am ready to come home. That's my nice way of saying it LOL...I don't think anything is free here at the moment.

Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
You sound like a regl'r nomad, every time I read your stuff you're preparing to move.
We are pretty nomadic, but (knock on wood) going home will be permanent with just summer travel planned. Grad school and cowboying has taken us all over. I'm done now though, so I am looking forward to heading home.

Old 01-09-2019, 11:33 PM
timmyboy76
Post Fiend
timmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Sous View Post
Solar equipment mocked up today. Tomorrow is permanently mounting the components and start building the wires.
Sousolar..you read the National Forest trip in the RV section? That Scraprat is the real McCoy!

Old 01-09-2019, 11:43 PM
Bonanza35
Post Fiend
Good luck on your trip home Byron. Have fun in Grad school if that's what your doing. Your going to hate the fuel prices and registration here. California has gone nuts.

Old 01-10-2019, 07:09 AM
Tugly
Post Fiend
Tugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by HD Rider View Post
Did you get Stinky home yet?
Not yet. I was still "in recovery" last weekend, plus the holidays have slowed the response from the insurance company. I finally got an email from the insurance company yesterday, acknowledging Stinky is a total loss. We now need to work out how, when, and where Stinky gets moved. I should know more today.

Sounds like you have a LOT to do this Spring Rich. I am sure you'll have a list of stuff that will get grabbed up. Any word yet on replacing Stinky?
I had an initial offer, but I think our friend is having second thoughts - once he encountered the daunting task of replacing his. We'll see where this goes.

If your going to go with the T4 I'd be interested in the 38R. Let me know what your selling off Stinky. I have a lot to do to mine before this summer. Planning on a long trip, couple months I hope towing 35 foot of toy hauler.
I was rummaging through the list of things I want to yank off Stinky, and the list is substantial - too much to list without the truck in front of me.

As an aside, that hit was freaking hard - it popped the dash loose and the head unit ejected itself. I think the comical side of this was that were it not for the contents in the cab, I would have just had minor bumps and scrapes. The loose crap in the cab gave me a concussion (which I fully recovered from after a week). I think it was the Contigo stainless steel thermal coffee mug that got me... the one with the Tugly-shaped dent in it.

Old 01-10-2019, 07:20 AM
Sous
Sous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by timmyboy76 View Post
Sousolar..you read the National Forest trip in the RV section? That Scraprat is the real McCoy!
I have been following along. We do something similar every few years where we travel the country staying at various places along the way. The last time we went we had our 30 ft travel trailer in tow and went from GA to Seattle and back and many places in between. I took 45 days of leave that I had saved up from and we went. Previous to that in 2012 we used a Jeep Grand Cherokee and drove 10,000 miles in 35 days and did a big loop around the country from GA, to AZ, to ID, then back to GA with many stops in between.

This time though, I am retired and we will have a built 7.3 diesel, 2008 Subaru Tribeca and our 2016 Heartland 267RL 5th wheel packed with boondocking equipment. We are looking to be out for 60-120 days or however long it takes us. We are planning to go through AZ and TX to see friends, CO to get some of their newly legal cash crop, then up to ID for a wedding, then where ever after that. We usually have to rush between places doing 500+ miles a day, but not this time! We might be traveling down a state highway and see a pull off on the side of a river and decide to hang out there for a couple days. Take in some local beer and food and then continue on our way. Yellowstone, Glacier park, Yosemite, etc are all on the "maybe we will go by there" list.

This is why I am getting things ready for the trip to try and mitigate the "oh crap" factor. Things like locking tailgate, tailgate step, T4/Borg Warner turbo, 400w solar system, water/waste transfer plans, working parking brake, etc...

Old 01-10-2019, 07:33 AM
Wesley Green
Posting Guru
Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.
We're going to write off Yellowstone this year. In the fall they started a 12 month + demolition/modernization of their campgrounds for anything but tents and truck campers. So every little place outside is packed to the max.

Old 01-10-2019, 07:45 AM
Sous
Good to know Wesley. We usually just start to head in a direction and if we see something good or fun to stop at, we do that. It is all very fluid and usually lends to the adventure aspect of the trip.

Old 01-10-2019, 07:54 AM
Walleye Hunter
Post Fiend
Walleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to behold
Nice job Adam. I hope it works out too.

Chet, after a year of exposure, I am ready to come home. That's my nice way of saying it LOL...I don't think anything is free here at the moment.

We are pretty nomadic, but (knock on wood) going home will be permanent with just summer travel planned. Grad school and cowboying has taken us all over. I'm done now though, so I am looking forward to heading home.
Once nice thing about moving regularly is the inability to accumulate too much stuff. I have only moved about 4 times in my life.

Old 01-10-2019, 08:50 AM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
BBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant future
Good luck on your trip home Byron. Have fun in Grad school if that's what your doing. Your going to hate the fuel prices and registration here. California has gone nuts.
I am done with grad school Chet. This stint in Nebraska was to do my practicum for my Master's. I will say this in defense of CA now that I have been all over the last two years. The ONLY thing more expensive there is real estate. And no, the political landscape is not better anywhere else. I'll lay it out a little bit so you can see. Nebraska is not "Cheap". There are more things that are more expensive here, for example. Truck registration in NE=$475. CA=$280 Kia reg in NE=$520 CA=$215. Diesel in NE is currently $3.29 CA=$3.55 Rent for an average 2br/1ba house in Scottsbluff=$1200-$1400. In Oceanside=$1400-$1700. Food here is very pricey. I can shop at Frazier Farms or Sprouts and get by on $120 a week for a family of 3. Here it's about $150-160. We were very disappointed on how costly it actually is to reside here. So, the 90s idea that CA is "so much more expensive" does not really apply anymore......AND, hey, it's Nebraska.....or it's South Dakota.....vs. Southern CA? Winters and wind? Forget about it. There si a lot ot be said for good weather year-round.

All that to be said, it's not home here, and that means more to us than anything else, but that's just me. Ranching is dying in a big way. It's an industry that's gone all but corporate or belly-up. If you are not independently wealthy or set up to inherit, forget it. You'll be managing someone else's place for them. That is what my practicum taught me and it was a valuable lesson. I, for one, did not sign up to run cattle for someone else. What's the point in that? LOL

Originally Posted by Sous View Post
I have been following along. We do something similar every few years where we travel the country staying at various places along the way. The last time we went we had our 30 ft travel trailer in tow and went from GA to Seattle and back and many places in between. I took 45 days of leave that I had saved up from and we went. Previous to that in 2012 we used a Jeep Grand Cherokee and drove 10,000 miles in 35 days and did a big loop around the country from GA, to AZ, to ID, then back to GA with many stops in between.

This time though, I am retired and we will have a built 7.3 diesel, 2008 Subaru Tribeca and our 2016 Heartland 267RL 5th wheel packed with boondocking equipment. We are looking to be out for 60-120 days or however long it takes us. We are planning to go through AZ and TX to see friends, CO to get some of their newly legal cash crop, then up to ID for a wedding, then where ever after that. We usually have to rush between places doing 500+ miles a day, but not this time! We might be traveling down a state highway and see a pull off on the side of a river and decide to hang out there for a couple days. Take in some local beer and food and then continue on our way. Yellowstone, Glacier park, Yosemite, etc are all on the "maybe we will go by there" list.

This is why I am getting things ready for the trip to try and mitigate the "oh crap" factor. Things like locking tailgate, tailgate step, T4/Borg Warner turbo, 400w solar system, water/waste transfer plans, working parking brake, etc...
Can't wait to see your adventure threads Sous!! Traveling and exploring via truck/rv is my second favorite thing to do. Surfing is the first LOL

Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
Once nice thing about moving regularly is the inability to accumulate too much stuff. I have only moved about 4 times in my life.
I hear you Mark. It has kept things simple. In the year we were in the ranch house, it's amazing what we had accumulated. Selling and already sold most of it though.

Old 01-10-2019, 10:02 AM
brian42
Post Fiend
brian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant future
Traveling and exploring via truck/rv is my second favorite thing to do. Surfing is the first LOL
High surf advisory (10-14 ft) yesterday and today.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: *******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.