Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Old 01-05-2019, 04:00 PM
hydro man 17
Posting Guru
hydro man 17 has a good reputation on FTE.hydro man 17 has a good reputation on FTE.
"We have one of those from Verizon, it is dog ****."

I guess that we are lucky enough to be closer to a decent reception area. It's funny how things work with this stuff. When I drive by my house on the highway about 300 yds away I have 4-5 bars for a signal. As I turn into my road it drops off to the point it is zero by the time I get to the house and that is away from the hill that blocks it.

Old 01-05-2019, 06:18 PM
timmyboy76
Post Fiend
timmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud of
***SUPERCROSS FOOLS***
T minus 3hrs...
Heres my boy, 450 racer Tallon LaFountaine

Old 01-07-2019, 09:33 AM
Colorado350
Postmaster
Colorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to behold
Good morning gang. Windy as hell here today, as in empty semis pulling off the interstate windy. This Government shutdown is really starting to get under my skin. Funny how the government expects everyone to work without pay but they get paid and we pay their health insurance...rant over, for now.

Old 01-07-2019, 09:50 AM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
BBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Colorado350 View Post
Good morning gang. Windy as hell here today, as in empty semis pulling off the interstate windy. This Government shutdown is really starting to get under my skin. Funny how the government expects everyone to work without pay but they get paid and we pay their health insurance...rant over, for now.
Howdy howdy John. It was supposed to be the same with the wind here too. Maybe it hasn't reached us yet. We have a warning form 5a-11p.

I can't think about the shutdown.I start getting angry...to the point of wanting to beat the chit out of someone. It's like watching a crime happen over and over and no one can do a thing. I keep wondering when ours will be overthrown like every super power in history. We get more communist as the days go on....and people think it's just California. Don't be fooled.

Old 01-07-2019, 10:20 AM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
BBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant future
This. Is. Awesome.

Old 01-07-2019, 10:41 AM
timmyboy76
Post Fiend
timmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud of
Lol...only thing i got from that vid is NOT to buy a 5.4 since he has an ENTIRE LOT full of them for servicing/repair..haha

Old 01-07-2019, 11:21 AM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by timmyboy76 View Post
Lol...only thing i got from that vid is NOT to buy a 5.4 since he has an ENTIRE LOT full of them for servicing/repair..haha

LOL, that too....and don't waste money on RP, Amsoil, or Redline.

Old 01-07-2019, 02:41 PM
brian42
Post Fiend
brian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant future
So both vehicles leaking this weekend.

Chased mine down to the dipstick tube adapter. Oil coming out almost in a stream at idle (topped off my oil and it was 2 gallons low after only 30 miles of driving) so my 3rd grade arts and crafts patch of slathering TA-31 everywhere lasted almost 2 years. I'm sure I'll be banned from the forum for even mentioning this but I'm thinking of getting the Golden Nugget and be done with it.

Wife's Jeep decided that the water pump was done and it's also leaking at the coolant temp sensor (never seen that before). Seriously, who thought a plastic impeller was a good idea?

Jeep parts are on the way and that's the priority. Back in the D-Max loaner until I can decide what to do with the Money Pit. Gotta call Strictly Diesel to see if they'll even ship to CA to begin with.

Too many more issues and my 7.3L career may be terminated by the boss.

Old 01-07-2019, 03:06 PM
Colorado350
Postmaster
Colorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by brian42 View Post
So both vehicles leaking this weekend.

Chased mine down to the dipstick tube adapter. Oil coming out almost in a stream at idle (topped off my oil and it was 2 gallons low after only 30 miles of driving) so my 3rd grade arts and crafts patch of slathering TA-31 everywhere lasted almost 2 years. I'm sure I'll be banned from the forum for even mentioning this but I'm thinking of getting the Golden Nugget and be done with it.

Wife's Jeep decided that the water pump was done and it's also leaking at the coolant temp sensor (never seen that before). Seriously, who thought a plastic impeller was a good idea?

Jeep parts are on the way and that's the priority. Back in the D-Max loaner until I can decide what to do with the Money Pit. Gotta call Strictly Diesel to see if they'll even ship to CA to begin with.

Too many more issues and my 7.3L career may be terminated by the boss.
Brian, I have the nugget after a week of purchasing it I never gave thought about the price or the adapter, one and done. If you need to ship it to me and Iíll ship it to you. s

Old 01-07-2019, 06:26 PM
Sous
Sous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputation
Same offer as John has put on the table Brian. I don't see why they wouldn't ship to CA, but stranger things have happened.

Beautiful 62 degrees today. I installed the SeeLevel tank system on the RV holding tanks today. Wasn't bad, just had to fight with the underbelly a bit.

Tomorrow I start with the 4/0 battery wire...

Old 01-07-2019, 07:22 PM
ZachinCO
Senior User
ZachinCO is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
John, you a gubment employee? I've got a buddy who works at Peterson. He's defense though, so his budget is passed.

It was windy up at my place too, 30mph sustained till about 2ish.

Died down enough to get this done.

Old 01-08-2019, 08:41 AM
brian42
Post Fiend
brian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant future
If you need to ship it to me and I’ll ship it to you.
Originally Posted by Sous View Post
Same offer as John has put on the table Brian.
Thanks to both of you for the offer. I'm still in jail so public reps for willing to help a CA guy out. Strictly will sell me the Nugget, I just have to do it over the phone. Now I just have to get the boss' approval to make the phone call.

Brian, I have the nugget after a week of purchasing it I never gave thought about the price or the adapter, one and done.
My current thought process too. I know there was a recent thread where Dennis rubbed people the wrong way but he's always been helpful when I've called him. The Hutch mod was one of my first mods and I bought the kit from him (he was ITP Diesel back then) over 10 years ago.

Originally Posted by Sous View Post
I don't see why they wouldn't ship to CA, but stranger things have happened.
It's all about the CARB (California Air Resource Board). If you do not have an Executive Order (E.O.) number then it's not legal in california if that part has anything to do with emissions. This is part of the reason that Banks' stuff is more expensive. Besides his name, he's gone through the process of testing his products, proving to CA that they do not increase emissions, and has a CARB E.O. number on his products. This magic number gets you through your smog inspection.

Most vendors will sell you whatever you want, make their money, and leave you to your own devices to ensure you comply (or conceal) with your local ordinances. Since everyone knows CA is on the "leading edge" for cleaner air Dennis won't sell stuff to CA as a general rule since most of the aftermarket diesel world is not CA compliant.

I found a couple of other sites that sell the Nugget with "restrictions apply" to shipping so I can only assume that the purchase still goes through Dennis. He's done right by me over the years and he supports Autism Speaks (my son is autistic) so I have no reservations supporting his livelihood.

Not to turn this into another Nugget discussion, but those patents have been in effect since 2014. Nobody has been able to build a similar/better mousetrap for less yet so they've figured something out.

Old 01-08-2019, 09:23 AM
Sous
Sous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputation
I did not know that about shipping things to CA... Maybe the new guy in town (Newsom I think) will have time from his current running points to make a change or two for the common people of the nation, I a mean state...

I suspect you will be happy with the nugget, it is costly, but it gets the job done.

If you need to launder some money through a private, out of state account in order to get the nugget, I could probably help with that too... You know how to contact me

Old 01-08-2019, 10:30 AM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
Brian, there is a way to fix that O-Ring quite a bit cheaper if you can't get the boss approval. I was gonna offer the same, but Sous and John beat me to it. Hopefully this fix will be the last fro you for awhile!

Old 01-08-2019, 10:50 AM
brian42
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by BBslider001 View Post
Brian, there is a way to fix that O-Ring quite a bit cheaper if you can't get the boss approval.
True. The repair kit is far cheaper from Bob but then I'm also buying the thread-restorer-thingy. Adding that the adapter may be too damaged to repair and she'll definitely go for the one-and-done repair. It just may take a day for her to soak in the price.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: *******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.