Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Old 01-03-2019, 10:36 AM
AllaboutMPG
Postmaster
AllaboutMPG is a splendid one to beholdAllaboutMPG is a splendid one to beholdAllaboutMPG is a splendid one to beholdAllaboutMPG is a splendid one to beholdAllaboutMPG is a splendid one to beholdAllaboutMPG is a splendid one to beholdAllaboutMPG is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ZachinCO View Post
I've heard at those temps tires start to pop.

Are you sure they pop or just shrink up enough to come off the rim???

At those temps there would be some other stuff shrinking up till almost non existent

Old 01-04-2019, 07:52 AM
timmyboy76
Post Fiend
timmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud of
Morn'n y'all...some good and bad news..good news is, escrow opens today. Renting for the last 3yrs just plain blows. Bad news,..daughter, while being with her dumb mom these last 2wks, gave me the call that she's staying with her..:-(. What can you do, right?. She's 14 and knows everything...
For a good laugh, while im using ladders and hanging over roofs pulling lights down, these yahoo's are using this on a SINGLE STORY..lol

Seeing arm erected, the idiot had snorkeled the bucket in between the roofs by the front door..unfreaknbelievable

Old 01-04-2019, 08:47 AM
F250_
Post Fiend
F250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputation
Both glad and sorry to hear your mixed news, Timmy.

The Altec truck is just funny! How do you spell "o-v-e-r-k-i-l-l"?

Old 01-04-2019, 08:53 AM
Walleye Hunter
Post Fiend
Walleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to behold
As a guy who doesn't like ladders I think you guys are being too hard on the guy.

Old 01-04-2019, 09:12 AM
F250_
Post Fiend
F250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputation
I understand what you're saying Mark. If I had access to an Altec bucket truck for that job, it's the approach this old, overweight ladder-sissy would take, too. That doesn't mean that it's still not overkill, though. I'm just speaking more from jealousy than criticism!

At my house, I won't even try to use my 32-foot extension ladder any more. On one end of my house, that 32-footer wouldn't even reach the eaves, and my roof pitch is high enough to where I won't even get on it any more. Any eave/roof work at my place is done by licensed and insured "paid help", and they can figure out how to get it done.

Old 01-04-2019, 09:15 AM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
BBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by F250_ View Post
I understand what you're saying Mark. If I had access to an Altec bucket truck for that job, it's the approach this old, overweight ladder-sissy would take, too. That doesn't mean that it's still not overkill, though. I'm just speaking more from jealousy than criticism!
Hahahahahaha.....this made me laugh because I know the feeling all too well.

Timmy, sorry to hear the news my friend. That can't be easy. We'll have to get a beer when I get home. A couple more weeks! You're moving to Murrieta?

Old 01-04-2019, 09:16 AM
Walleye Hunter
Post Fiend
Walleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by F250_ View Post

At my house, I won't even try to use my 32-foot extension ladder any more. On one end of my house, that 32-footer wouldn't even reach the eaves, and my roof pitch is high enough to where I won;t even get on it any more. Any eave/roof work at my place is done by "paid help".
Yeah baby! And you should hear my knees scream when my fat old body goes up an extension ladder.

Old 01-04-2019, 03:46 PM
Bonanza35
Post Fiend
Bonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to behold
Over kill for some, way of life for others. When I was young I wouldn't even think twice about ladders. Up I went. Center Struts also. Not today, this old body just can't do it anymore. Balance just isn't there. On your Daughter, God bless you. We've had some of that in our close family. They seem to come back later in life. Live on and just don't forget about her.Send her cards and such. She mitt not get them, but if she does she'll remember. God bless,
Chet

Old 01-05-2019, 09:01 AM
timmyboy76
Post Fiend
timmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud of
Guys, i understand the significant where a bucket would be the best course of action. Pete's roof explanation is case in point. Heck, ive turned homes down because of that reason, and my guys are freak'n mountain goats. But, look closely at that pic. You can see the polyurethane lighted icicle figures hanging within arms reach of touching of bottom tip of the lighted illumination..(my best Y2 description i can mustar up..:-) )..i feel a 4ft ladder or even a stepladder would've been suffice..lol. It was worth stopping and smh..haha
Murrita BySly..ya buddy. Inspection yesterday and loans moving forward. Even got lender to cover closing with only a 1/8 percent raise to be a 4.85%..awesome!
Chet, DIG the card and letter thing. Lot more meaningful than a text..etc. Phone calls from time to time too but like the card thing. In my message to her was in closing, ..doirs' always open pumpkin, if you want to come home...give her, her 1st TRUE fulltime summer of 120* + and, she'll be back..lol

Old 01-05-2019, 09:57 AM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
BBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant future
Happy Saturday infadels!!

Old 01-05-2019, 01:54 PM
Sous
Sous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by BBslider001 View Post
Happy Saturday infadels!!
lol, what?

I managed to get the WeBoost cellular booster antenna and the WiFi Ranger WiFi booster antenna mounted on the top of the camper and cables routed safely into the interior. Need to order more PV wire though as we decided to go with a parallel system instead of a series system.

60 degrees and sunny allowed for a good amount of work to get done.

Old 01-05-2019, 01:59 PM
Wesley Green
Posting Guru
Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.
Nice Sous. That's a great temp to do a wide variety of things. Meanwhile, scraping frost and ice off stuff, and only 6 hrs of daylight kills my winter projects progress.

Old 01-05-2019, 02:02 PM
ZachinCO
Senior User
ZachinCO is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Sous View Post
lol, what?

I managed to get the WeBoost cellular booster antenna and the WiFi Ranger WiFi booster antenna mounted on the top of the camper and cables routed safely into the interior. Need to order more PV wire though as we decided to go with a parallel system instead of a series system.

60 degrees and sunny allowed for a good amount of work to get done.
I need to install a WeBoost at home. It's been sitting here, but when I muster up the energy, it snows. Mines going on the house. Maybe tomorrow...

Happy Saturday y'all! 60 here, unbelievable that we just had negative temps a week ago.

Old 01-05-2019, 02:43 PM
hydro man 17
Posting Guru
hydro man 17 has a good reputation on FTE.hydro man 17 has a good reputation on FTE.
We have a device here at home called a Microcell (AT&T device). Other carriers have similar options. No mast, antenna, cable to run ETC. Works off of the phone line but you need wireless internet.

Old 01-05-2019, 03:02 PM
Sous
Sous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by ZachinCO View Post
I need to install a WeBoost at home. It's been sitting here, but when I muster up the energy, it snows. Mines going on the house. Maybe tomorrow...

Happy Saturday y'all! 60 here, unbelievable that we just had negative temps a week ago.
I told my wife that if the WeBoost works as well as people say it does, I will buy the Wilson antennas and bring the booster/controller into the house when we are at home. I can mount the antenna in the attic just below the roof/shingles and will get much better signal that way. We sit in a gully with trees all around the house. It truly is a "southern holler" where the house sits. Not good for cell signal, but a crap ton of fun other times.

Originally Posted by hydro man 17 View Post
We have a device here at home called a Microcell (AT&T device). Other carriers have similar options. No mast, antenna, cable to run ETC. Works off of the phone line but you need wireless internet.
We have one of those from Verizon, it is dog ****... It works, but not very well unless you are within 15 ft of it or so. Without it though, we would have no cell signal at all.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: *******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.