Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Old 01-01-2019, 05:09 PM
Colorado350
Postmaster
Colorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to behold
COLD START TEST

Well, it was very cold last night, -1* is what the weather station recorded, thatís the coldest itís been since I put new injectors in the truck in March of 2016. So I wanted to see if the truck would start: unplugged, 1 glow plug cycle and stay running with one key cycle. Those were my criteria for the cold start because when I first got the truck it took multiple glow plugs cycles to start and then it would shut offÖrepeatedly even in the 30*- 50* temperature range. The other concern is we tow the Jeep in the mountains for some snow wheeling and we spend the night in the mountains where it gets very cold, think along the lines of -5* to -15* below, I want to KNOW the truck would start if we couldnít plug it in and absolutely needed it to start.

The Ipad is reading off the obd port and the red gauge is Coolant read at the coolant filter...so it was COLD. The GPR is activated in the picture and the truck is still plugged into the NOCO 2 bank 8amp tender during the start. Iím running 5w/40 Triax oil. Well, the truck started immediately and stayed running with only a few hiccups as the cold oil started to flow through the injectors then the truck smoothed out and idled perfectly. The air temperature was 8* during the start, there was white smoke and some blue smoke during the short time I let the truck run, the oil got to 62* when I shut it off. I definitely would not want to DD the truck in these cold temperatures. However, It feels good to know the truck has come from not starting consistently at 50* to starting up in single digits.
This forum has helped me build a truck far more reliable than I could have ever imagined when I first bought it.

Old 01-01-2019, 06:10 PM
HD Rider
Posting Guru
HD Rider is a name known to allHD Rider is a name known to allHD Rider is a name known to allHD Rider is a name known to allHD Rider is a name known to allHD Rider is a name known to all
My truck before injectors would start at -13 without being plugged in.
since the new injectors, it hasn't been that cold but it lights off quicker at any temp I've tried.

Old 01-02-2019, 10:09 AM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
BBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant future
Nice to hear John!! That is good work paying a reward.

Hey all, in case you haven't heard, take a jaunt on over to Tugly's thread and wish him well. I, for one, am very glad he still with us to share his quirky and intelligent discourse.

Hope everyone is well and good.

Old 01-02-2019, 02:01 PM
Sous
Sous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputation
Just replaced all 6 spark plugs and flushed the ATF in my 2002 Mercury Sable with 255,000 miles. The rear plugs were a pain in the *** to get to and all 6 were somewhat seized in the engine.

Runs like a champ now and the thing just keeps going!

Old 01-02-2019, 02:30 PM
Wesley Green
Posting Guru
Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.
Been trying to break into my car all day
F'ing thieves broke the door handles/locks, had 2 tow companies and 2 locksmiths out to try n break in too, after about 30 min they all gave up too. Meanwhile the plumber needs the vette moved so they can lay lines. Kinda funny when 1 guy said he's never had to break into a vehicle so old Our SD designers should have taken notes on the 84' corvette door's security. 29* outside and raining makes it suck that much worse. Might have found a solution that was just suggested from the corvette forum, implementation is gonna suck tho.

Old 01-02-2019, 03:17 PM
Bonanza35
Post Fiend
Bonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by BBslider001 View Post
Nice to hear John!! That is good work paying a reward.

Hey all, in case you haven't heard, take a jaunt on over to Tugly's thread and wish him well. I, for one, am very glad he still with us to share his quirky and intelligent discourse.

Hope everyone is well and good.
What happen to Rich? I'll have to look this up later. Been pretty sick myself all week. Wife won't go to the doctor and then passes it on.

Old 01-02-2019, 03:57 PM
Wesley Green
Posting Guru
Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Bonanza35 View Post
What happen to Rich?
Stinky picked a fight with a couple aspen trees, and lost

Old 01-02-2019, 03:58 PM
Colorado350
Postmaster
Colorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Wesley Green View Post
Been trying to break into my car all day
F'ing thieves broke the door handles/locks, had 2 tow companies and 2 locksmiths out to try n break in too, after about 30 min they all gave up too. Meanwhile the plumber needs the vette moved so they can lay lines. Kinda funny when 1 guy said he's never had to break into a vehicle so old Our SD designers should have taken notes on the 84' corvette door's security. 29* outside and raining makes it suck that much worse. Might have found a solution that was just suggested from the corvette forum, implementation is gonna suck tho.
What kind of locks? Pull up or sliders?

Old 01-02-2019, 05:09 PM
ZachinCO
Senior User
ZachinCO is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Afternoon Fellas! Hope everyone had a good Christmas and safe and happy New Years Eve/day.

I'm tired of this cold snap, I'm up the road from John and had -7į overnight temps. Had a "frost free" hydrant freeze up. Glad it's back up near 40į today!

Getting some work done on my place.

As soon as this horse barn gets done, I'll plenty to keep me busy finishing the inside. Then my 40x60 metal barn/shop will be able to house more truck projects.

Old 01-02-2019, 05:34 PM
Wesley Green
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Colorado350 View Post
What kind of locks? Pull up or sliders?
Sliders. Jacked it up, popped the 7 speed in neutral, rolled it outta the way, put it back in gear. Mess with it later when its not freezing rain out

Old 01-02-2019, 08:31 PM
Millinex
Senior User
Millinex is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Millinex is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Ah yes, everyone talking about cold, here I am complaining that it's 55 out in AZ where I'm at LOL.

Of course, it's still more than warm enough to work on my new project truck so I won't cry.

Old 01-02-2019, 08:34 PM
Sous
Sous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputation
Was 60 degrees in north GA today. I had the garage door open while working on the car. Then took the dogs for a test ride with the windows down.

Old 01-02-2019, 08:44 PM
Colorado350
Postmaster
Coldest temperature recorded in Colorado EVER

That is COLD! Iíll pass on that kind of cold.

Old 01-02-2019, 11:16 PM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
BBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant future

Good almighty grief!!!!! What does one even do?

Old 01-03-2019, 08:45 AM
ZachinCO
Senior User
ZachinCO is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.

I have a friend that live in AK, I've heard at those temps tires start to pop. Where's our AK resident?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: *******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.