Sponsored by: DP Tuner

*** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2018, 09:01 AM
brian42
Lead Driver
Received 118 Likes on 78 Posts
Originally Posted by mecdac
I'm using this hitch. IIRC, GVWR on an Excursion is 9200.
Originally Posted by bigb56
The PP or Hensley i the best hitch you can buy for a bumper pull and you won't get sway, just be careful to get your distribution correct as that hitch tows so well it can mask an improper setup. In case you didn't know you can call Sean at ProPride to ask questions about your setup, he is amazingly helpful.
My dad had a Hensley. Best bumper pull setup he ever had, but...

Originally Posted by mecdac
Wow, I have NEVER taken that many stabs.

At a trailer hook up.

...I measure (the middle of the receiver) and try to align as best as possible. I know you're a smart guy, you may have found a new trick.
...it is a b-e-a-r to hook up. Make sure you have plenty of room in front of the trailer (and level too) to maneuver the truck for a straight shot. I can't imagine doing it without a rear camera or spotter (back up a few inches, get out and check, back up a few inches, get out and check...lather, rinse, repeat).

Old 11-26-2018, 10:07 AM
ArmyLifer
Fleet Mechanic
Received 135 Likes on 84 Posts
It’s kind of funny this hooking up with the ProPride. Some days on flat and level it’s a bitch to hook up. Our last trip over Veterans Day, there was a very large angle down from the camping spot to where the Excursion was. We fretted all weekend on how we were going to get it hitched up. Contingency plans abound... Hooked up 1st try. Easy peasy.

Old 11-26-2018, 04:41 PM
hydro man 17
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
" Called a friend who came and got the deer. And the police didn't seem to want to be bothered, they never even came out."
That would never happen around here. One of my neighbors hit a mountain lion a few years ago and he put it in his truck and then called Fish & Game to report it. The warden was out in no time and checked the kitty out for about an hour or so and finally told him that it did look like an accident and was not going to arrest him on the spot!

Old 11-26-2018, 08:40 PM
bigb56
Cargo Master

Received 219 Likes on 149 Posts
Originally Posted by ArmyLifer
It’s kind of funny this hooking up with the ProPride. Some days on flat and level it’s a bitch to hook up. Our last trip over Veterans Day, there was a very large angle down from the camping spot to where the Excursion was. We fretted all weekend on how we were going to get it hitched up. Contingency plans abound... Hooked up 1st try. Easy peasy.

There are some tricks to it. The best and most informative information you can get on these hitches is on the Airstream (airforums) forums. Pages and pages of it, by Airstream owners who for the most part are a pretty intelligent bunch. I have spend many. many hours there learning all about hitches, tires, tow vehicles, weights and WD etc. There is even a 59 page sticky for the Hensley Arrow which as you know is almost the same hitch: the ultimate haha users guide... - Airstream Forums

Old 11-26-2018, 09:47 PM
Wes444
Logistics Pro
Received 1,132 Likes on 644 Posts
Sigh. Handfull of co-workers ribbing me on our way out of the mill to the parking lot tonight about whether "that big old ford would lite off in these temps". One said hey now, 98% of Fords ever sold are still on the road today. The other 2% made it home

All i know is i rolled put of the parking lot first and didn't look back to see who's hoods were up

Old 11-26-2018, 10:01 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,459 Likes on 2,849 Posts
Originally Posted by Wesley Green
Sigh. Handfull of co-workers ribbing me on our way out of the mill to the parking lot tonight about whether "that big old ford would lite off in these temps". One said hey now, 98% of Fords ever sold are still on the road today. The other 2% made it home

All i know is i rolled put of the parking lot first and didn't look back to see who's hoods were up
I would be willing to bet that my truck idles smoother, starts quicker and runs better than the day it was new which is 20 years ago in December.

A friend of mine just bought a 2018 F-450... I told him that is a damn nice truck, let me know when the bank says it is all yours in 7 years.

Old 11-26-2018, 11:31 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
Ok guys, turning here for a little advice. Two times this year I have had fraudulent activity on my bank account. The first time I had to fight tooth and nail to get it reversed. Well I just got a letter for the second one saying the "merchant" provided a charge summary and my claim was denied!!!! Seriously, I haven't been able to see straight. I am at the end of my rope. Needless to say I am going to call in the morning and tear a few new a**holes.

Anyone else been through this? I have been with USAA for 10 years and this is the treatment I get?Yeah I am a male in my 40s. Do you seriously think I ordered some frickin eye serum?? Jiminy man. If anyone else has had to deal with this and knows a better way than a serious azz chewing, please let me know. Thanks.

Old 11-26-2018, 11:48 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Last year during this time we had some fraudulent charges on our credit card. We called USAA and they froze the account, overnighted us new cards and then reversed the charges that were nut ours. The charges were removed from our total, but stayed on the account for a week or so while USAA processed the claim.

Not sure why you were denied, hopefully they can help out on the phone. We have been with USAA for 20 years and have never (knock on wood) had a bad experience with them.

Old 11-27-2018, 05:33 AM
Wes444
Logistics Pro
Received 1,132 Likes on 644 Posts
Also have this tshirt. This time last year some cockroach in Michigan charged $1.10 to Lyft to test the card #s, then within an hour opened a new Amazon account and placed their Christmas orders. At first the bank fixed it but then they denied it since Amazon didn't give them a claim #, so we had to deal with Amazon again and then the bank again. Took about 4 weeks to get all straightened out

Old 11-27-2018, 06:50 AM
Colorado350
Postmaster
Received 119 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by BBslider001
Ok guys, turning here for a little advice. Two times this year I have had fraudulent activity on my bank account. The first time I had to fight tooth and nail to get it reversed. Well I just got a letter for the second one saying the "merchant" provided a charge summary and my claim was denied!!!! Seriously, I haven't been able to see straight. I am at the end of my rope. Needless to say I am going to call in the morning and tear a few new a**holes.

Anyone else been through this? I have been with USAA for 10 years and this is the treatment I get?Yeah I am a male in my 40s. Do you seriously think I ordered some frickin eye serum?? Jiminy man. If anyone else has had to deal with this and knows a better way than a serious azz chewing, please let me know. Thanks.
Byron...you’re a 40 year old male from California …you might have ordered eye serum. Seriously, first be polite until it’s time to not be polite. Get your IP ADDRESS ask them for the IP ADDRESS of the individual that placed the order, that should be a start. Second, you didn’t say how much the charge was for , I have 2 alerts set up 1) over $50 2) approval over $500. Good luck it’ll work out...

Old 11-27-2018, 07:50 AM
Walleye Hunter
Hotshot
Received 888 Likes on 625 Posts
Us being stuck with these bills just isn't right. The companies who accepted the fraudulent purchase without checking credentials first should foot the bill and go get their money. In September it happened to me and I believe that it happened from one of two restaurants in Atlantic City. My CC company caught it right away, I guess because the internet purchases were sent to a different address than mine and one merchant denied one of the charges due to suspicions. Mine was easy as could be, the CC company immediately refunded the money and sent me new cards. I hope you get it fixed in a hurry.

Old 11-27-2018, 08:05 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
Fellas,thanks for the input. John, the IP address is a great idea. Didn't think of that. I was going to ask for tracking numbers of where the merchandise was sent and also ask them for the address and the time of day of purchase just to get them to prove to me what happened. The letter basically said the merchant presented the charge summary and some other data. Ummmmmmmmmmm, "other data"?? What in the entire heck is "other data"??!! If you are going to deny me on a fraud claim, you better have pertinent and specific information.....not just put it under the category if "other". Dipchits....

Anyways, sounds like this is more common than not. Appreciate the support guys.

Old 11-27-2018, 08:22 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Be polite at first, then escalate from there. If it comes down to it, I am sure you can change financial institutions for cards easily enough if the problem isn't resolved to your satisfaction.

Old 11-27-2018, 09:21 AM
Walleye Hunter
Hotshot
Received 888 Likes on 625 Posts
The first thing I did when I got my email was to call the merchants where the purchases were made, one of them I got to before they shipped the product, one of them gave me the name and address to whom the shipment was destined, another told me that they would only give that information to LE, Neiman Marcus didn't have the time of day for me so I hope they got burnt with the bill. I also called my local police and they did come out and take a report and the officer spoke with my CC company.

Old 11-27-2018, 09:48 AM
The Brad
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My wife called me yesterday asking about a $4500 purchase on our card for some place called Irate Diesel. I told her to wait a while before disputing it.

Quick Reply: *** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***