*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread******* - Page 174 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Old 11-14-2018, 12:46 PM
SaintITC
Posting Guru
SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Stewart_H View Post
My Colt Python and Glock 21.

Stewart
I didn't think you were allowed to own guns in Commiefornia?

Old 11-14-2018, 12:56 PM
Walleye Hunter
Post Fiend
Walleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SaintITC View Post
I didn't think you were allowed to own guns in Commiefornia?
His Glock is probably a short stack.

Old 11-14-2018, 01:24 PM
hydro man 17
Posting Guru
hydro man 17 has a good reputation on FTE.hydro man 17 has a good reputation on FTE.
"I didn't think you were allowed to own guns in Commiefornia?"

I assume that you are joking! There are millions of guns and gun owners here.

Old 11-14-2018, 01:34 PM
Walleye Hunter
Post Fiend
Walleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by hydro man 17 View Post

Aye mate, this is a gun...

Old 11-14-2018, 01:41 PM
hydro man 17
Posting Guru
hydro man 17 has a good reputation on FTE.hydro man 17 has a good reputation on FTE.
Lots of guys here have toys like that but I believe that they had to "grand fathered in" with a 10 round max capacity. May have changed lately and with the new Governor who knows.

Old 11-14-2018, 01:50 PM
Walleye Hunter
Post Fiend
Lots of guys here have toys like that but I believe that they had to "grand fathered in" with a 10 round max capacity. May have changed lately and with the new Governor who knows.
The story we hear is that they need to be made Commifornia compliant and have the mags welded in place as well as shortened...and that's just for now, probably more/worse to come. The upside to that is with New Joisey's new laws some pistol mags are trading at good prices.

Old 11-14-2018, 02:34 PM
hydro man 17
Posting Guru
" Commifornia compliant and have the mags welded in place "

Like I said I have been out of the game since my stroke, but I was not aware the the regulations were retroactive.

Old 11-14-2018, 03:06 PM
Sous
Post Fiend
Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.
If the magazine is welded in place, how do you reload or clear a jam? Not trying to be an ***, just haven't seen that and if I am firing a weapon and there is a jam, the first thing I do is remove the magazine...

Old 11-14-2018, 03:31 PM
Colorado350
Postmaster
Colorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to behold
I think when they’re referring “welding” the mag in place they’re referring to the base plate. Here in Colorado they make the 30rd mags “legal” by putting a rivet in the back of mag to prevent the follower from allowing more than 10 rounds from being loaded. They’re easily removed…I’ve heard anyway. My guess is in California they use a internal block in the mag and the base plate is “welded” whether plastic, steel, aluminum in place to prevent its removal. The thinking being a 10 rd mag is less dangerous than a 30 rd thereby creating a false sense of be safety among the sheep in the community.

Old 11-14-2018, 03:41 PM
Walleye Hunter
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Sous View Post
If the magazine is welded in place, how do you reload or clear a jam? Not trying to be an ***, just haven't seen that and if I am firing a weapon and there is a jam, the first thing I do is remove the magazine...
You get the picture, I hear they're kind of tough to load through the top as well.
Originally Posted by Colorado350 View Post
I think when they’re referring “welding” the mag in place they’re referring to the base plate. Here in Colorado they make the 30rd mags “legal” by putting a rivet in the back of mag to prevent the follower from allowing more than 10 rounds from being loaded. They’re easily removed…I’ve heard anyway. My guess is in California they use a internal block in the mag and the base plate is “welded” whether plastic, steel, aluminum in place to prevent its removal. The thinking being a 10 rd mag is less dangerous than a 30 rd thereby creating a false sense of be safety among the sheep in the community.
Not my understanding but my batting record is not 1000, the magazine cannot be detachable AFAIK.

Old 11-14-2018, 05:32 PM
Colorado350
Postmaster
Colorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
You get the picture, I hear they're kind of tough to load through the top as well.

Not my understanding but my batting record is not 1000, the magazine cannot be detachable AFAIK.

Mark, I found this: https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1283591. Looking like the mags have to be “permanently” altered so they can’t go beyond capacity.

Old 11-14-2018, 05:51 PM
Walleye Hunter
Post Fiend
Mark, I found this: https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1283591. Looking like the mags have to be “permanently” altered so they can’t go beyond capacity.
Sadly, that is nearly two years old and new laws may well be in place, I think that they are.

Old 11-14-2018, 05:54 PM
Sous
Post Fiend
Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.
Well, that makes a little more sense to me now. Saying "welded magazines" is a bit misleading. I thought they were physically welding the magazine to the well/receiver. That just boggled my mind on how that is safe, especially for the person holding the weapon.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program...

Old 11-14-2018, 06:03 PM
hydro man 17
Posting Guru
Well I think that the "latest and greatest rule here is that you can't buy a magazine, clip or what ever that holds more than ten rounds in the first place. IIRC any older high capacity mags were required to be turned in, but I am not positive on that.

Old 11-14-2018, 08:26 PM
ZachinCO
Senior User
ZachinCO is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Ok Guys all these guns and gun talk are scaring me and I’m starting to feel a bit uncomfortable.
Thanks for the laugh!!

You just can't buy ammo... I'm kidding, but CA has made it harder to buy in bulk. You buy online, you have to have it shipped to a local dealer. Crazy!

Watch out over there at calguns. lots of tinfoil being passed around with nuggets of information trapped in the shadows.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: *******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.