Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Old 10-20-2018, 10:33 AM
SaintITC
Posting Guru
SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.
I keep a small bottle of Rustoleum rust converter, and cans of Rustoleum semi-gloss on the shelf. I don't use spray paint for chassis stuff, I get a cheap bag of chip brushes from Harbor Freight. I just like painting stuff so if I ever should wash the truck, the chassis cleans up easily.

Old 10-20-2018, 10:36 AM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
BBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant future
I agree. I also didn't want to get into a bigger project....then my OCD would REALLY take over. Oh, I can't just do the knuckle, now I need to do the axle ends....now I need to do the axle.....now the axle is coming out for an entire rebuild.....see my problem?! LOL

It's been an AZ truck all its life anyways, so only surface rust is showing. It was mostly dust when I wire wheeled it.

Old 10-20-2018, 02:11 PM
timmyboy76
Post Fiend
timmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud of
Im stocked up with HD 99 cent gloss black cans...yo BB, yours being an AZ rig, my 02 is also. Your seat tracks have rust? Mines are and got my head scratching as to why

Old 10-20-2018, 03:46 PM
Sous
Post Fiend
Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.
Truck is packed with beer and firewood for our camping trip! Found this hitchhiker last year and we are going to strap him to the Ranch Hand grille guard at the camp site. We park the truck with the front facing out, so he should get plenty of odd looks. We have a hitch mounted 20 ft flag pole that is toward our camp site too.

The weather is cool and perfect for chilling by the fire, watching the sun go down over the lake, drinking ice cold beer, eating ribeye cooked over a real fire and eating smores for dessert.

Old 10-20-2018, 04:42 PM
Walleye Hunter
Post Fiend
Walleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to behold
Sous, what are you using to cook on the fire with? I have a camp grill that I use that gets rave reviews from my camping buddies. It's a custom version of the Mountain Man Grill that's available at Cabela's et al. Mine's bigger made with SS grate and the angle iron on the frame has the edges upwards so hot dogs, wings and corn can't roll off of it.

Old 10-20-2018, 04:51 PM
Sous
Post Fiend
Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.
We usually use the grills that are attached to the fire pit after it has been cleaned and sanitized. If there is not one, we have a 24"x12" folding grill similar to the one in the image below. The folding grill folds and fits very well into the front storage of our trailer. We also use this grill when out boondocking and making a fire in a pit we dug up. We also have a hanging pot with a 3 piece triangle stand for boiling water or cooking stew/chili.

Nothing like a big *** steak cooked over a wood fire, I can almost taste it now...

Old 10-20-2018, 05:59 PM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
BBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by timmyboy76 View Post
Im stocked up with HD 99 cent gloss black cans...yo BB, yours being an AZ rig, my 02 is also. Your seat tracks have rust? Mines are and got my head scratching as to why
Timmy, I don't think so. I have power seats, it I'll take a look at them and let you know.

Originally Posted by Sous View Post
Truck is packed with beer and firewood for our camping trip! Found this hitchhiker last year and we are going to strap him to the Ranch Hand grille guard at the camp site. We park the truck with the front facing out, so he should get plenty of odd looks. We have a hitch mounted 20 ft flag pole that is toward our camp site too.

The weather is cool and perfect for chilling by the fire, watching the sun go down over the lake, drinking ice cold beer, eating ribeye cooked over a real fire and eating smores for dessert.

Sous, that sounds frickin PERFECT. Fires are the best thing in the world.

Old 10-20-2018, 07:50 PM
timmyboy76
Post Fiend
timmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
Sous, what are you using to cook on the fire with? I have a camp grill that I use that gets rave reviews from my camping buddies. It's a custom version of the Mountain Man Grill that's available at Cabela's et al. Mine's bigger made with SS grate and the angle iron on the frame has the edges upwards so hot dogs, wings and corn can't roll off of it.

welded this badboy up for mammoth last week lol..rebar just layn around

Old 10-21-2018, 08:17 AM
Walleye Hunter
Post Fiend
Walleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to behold
We usually use the grills that are attached to the fire pit after it has been cleaned and sanitized. If there is not one, we have a 24"x12" folding grill similar to the one in the image below. The folding grill folds and fits very well into the front storage of our trailer. We also use this grill when out boondocking and making a fire in a pit we dug up. We also have a hanging pot with a 3 piece triangle stand for boiling water or cooking stew/chili.

Nothing like a big *** steak cooked over a wood fire, I can almost taste it now...

That sounds like a good setup. Have you ever tried wood fire cooked clams? They go great with that steak. They go great all alone for all that matters.

Old 10-21-2018, 08:24 AM
Sous
Post Fiend
Not clams, my wife is not a big sea food fan, so the only time I really indulge in sea food is when we are on the coast.

Headed to the store in a bit to get ice and $20 worth of Mega Millions lottery tickets for the $1,600,000,000.00 drawing on Tuesday.

Old 10-21-2018, 08:35 AM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
Not clams, my wife is not a big sea food fan, so the only time I really indulge in sea food is when we are on the coast.

Headed to the store in a bit to get ice and $20 worth of Mega Millions lottery tickets for the $1,600,000,000.00 drawing on Tuesday.
Please please please put me on the list for a truck donation if you win LOL!!! I need to go get some tickets too. I never ever play, but this might require a $5 investment. I had someone ask me the other day what I would do with the winnings. Then he proceeded to give his way overdone list of everything he would buy. I just kinda laughed and said, nothing would really change much. heck, I'd even keep my truck because of all the blood, sweat, and tears that have gone into it. I'd get it to perfect restoration status and continue to drive the pizz out of it. I'd travel.....A LOT.....and help friends who have helped me, just 100 fold LOL. Other than that, surf a TON and raise my family not a whole lot different. Sure would be nice though. I could even start a 7.3 restoration business. How cool would that be? Buy up old forgotten OBS and Superduty trucks and bring them to brand new condition.

Old 10-21-2018, 08:44 AM
Sous
Post Fiend
We very rarely play, only when it gets ridiculously high in value, like now. Usually it has to be over $800M or so before we even consider it. We were talking last night, we would give every family in our family $1M to do with what they please.

Then, we would pay off our house and buy the property around us to build a large garage and barn. Then I would probably take my truck to SkySkiJason (80 miles from my home) to have him make it new again. All with upgraded parts and all the joints and bushings refreshed. Just like a 19 year old, brand new truck...

Like you, not much would change for us.

Old 10-21-2018, 12:00 PM
HD Rider
Posting Guru
HD Rider has a great reputation on FTE.HD Rider has a great reputation on FTE.HD Rider has a great reputation on FTE.HD Rider has a great reputation on FTE.HD Rider has a great reputation on FTE.HD Rider has a great reputation on FTE.
Set aside $5mil to live out my days on, 10% to the church and Christian charities, and set up a foundation to pay for tutoring and college for low children of low income families.

No change in my life style. I would however quit my job because it's a good income with good benefits that someone else would appreciate.

Old 10-21-2018, 12:10 PM
SaintITC
Posting Guru
SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.
You folks do know that a lottery is nothing more than a tax on people who are bad at math, right?

Old 10-21-2018, 12:17 PM
Colorado350
Postmaster
Colorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to behold
If I won that kind of money, I’d definitely quit working. I’d keep my truck until it let me down but I’d have it painted and do a complete overhaul of the engine probably convert it to 4x4 too. I’d look for a very large portion of land somewhere in the West, build my dream house in the middle of it and completely disappear from society. I’d travel to countries that typically don’t want to kill me LOL, go to Africa to hunt big game, Ireland to hunt red stag, go to Europe and visit historic WW2 battle grounds, to pay my respects. I’d write my GF a check for $5 million and she could do whatever she wants... I’d randomly help people that were working hard but still struggling but do it anonymously.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: *******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.