*** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2018, 05:13 PM
mecdac
Lead Driver
Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by Sous
Yes, thank God for that!

The flooding and rain fall is already high and predicted to continue throughout the weekend. Power outages are going to linger on and get further west as the storm progresses. Cleaned out the gutters, fired up the generator, filled some water jugs and made sure all vehicles are full of fuel today.

Just cracked open the first cold beer for the Florence welcoming party here at the house!
I am sitting here with wife and Auntie watching her sitcom(s) with a G&T. Auntie has reports that her electric went off about 11:30 AM. My best guess is she can go back on Wednesday or Thursday...time will tell.

Old 09-14-2018, 05:36 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,460 Likes on 2,850 Posts
Originally Posted by timmyboy76
***qoute***This dude... Lane Pittman is hilarious...

That the same guy who chases news stories around the country and while getn interviewed says his line...."you know what i'd do...i'd f@$# her right in ur p$!@#...lol
If not, youtube that phrase, its a riot!
That boy aint right in the head... funny, but something wrong with him that is for sure...

Originally Posted by mecdac
I am sitting here with wife and Auntie watching her sitcom(s) with a G&T. Auntie has reports that her electric went off about 11:30 AM. My best guess is she can go back on Wednesday or Thursday...time will tell.
Mark, if you feel we can be of assistance in anyway, don't hesitate to let me know. You have my contact details...

Old 09-21-2018, 05:13 AM
mecdac
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by mecdac
My best guess is she can go back on Wednesday or Thursday...time will tell.
Mark, if you feel we can be of assistance in anyway, don't hesitate to let me know. You have my contact details...
Yes, looks like Wednesday, I missed it by 7 days. With the waters continuing to rise even now... I-95 near Florence, SC is still closed, the alternate which is actually shorter in distance, is now flooding.

We planned to leave this morning. I checked the NC DOT and SC DOT service maps and there is no way around, short of going in to Charlotte and working my way around Wilmington.

Old 09-21-2018, 06:05 AM
SaintITC
Fleet Mechanic
Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
I had to help rescue my 82 y/o Dad, who lives just north of Wilmington, last Wednesday. Was in Boston for work, flew into Wilmington that morning, he picked me up at the airport and we drove back home to PA that day. A normal 7-8 hour drive took 13 hours with traffic, most of it north of DC getting past Baltimore. Him and his three old little dogs have been here ever since. Sadly my wife is going nuts as we have a new to us home with new everything and we were going pet-free. His old dogs have many accidents, fortunately they're small, but in a new environment and all. We might be driving back this weekend.

Old 09-21-2018, 07:24 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Be safe Tom, things are starting to calm down now, but water is still high in a lot of areas.

Old 09-21-2018, 07:31 AM
slowsure
Tuned
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Hello Everyone.

New member here just wanted to stop in and intro myself.
Having lived in Florida for over 20 years my thoughts and prayers go out to those in the path of the recent hurricane. It always amazes me to see how a storm can effect so many people in so many ways. Stay safe everyone!

I have lurked here for quite some time. Now that my 01 F-350 7.3 is 18 (born on date 5-12-2000) its in need of some refreshing. This forum is a great wealth of information! Thank You so much!

Looking forward to learning more from the group and getting "Big Red" back to as new condition.

Old 09-21-2018, 07:34 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
We welcome you slowsure, and your truck Big Red to the FTE community as a poster.

Since you have been around a while, there is no need to let you know about the typical "first places" to look.

Again, welcome and participate in the discussions if you feel up to it.

Old 09-21-2018, 07:37 AM
mecdac
Lead Driver
Maps that I use to determine possible travel arrangements:

https://tims.ncdot.gov/tims/

https://www.511sc.org/

Old 09-21-2018, 08:10 AM
slowsure
Tuned
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

We welcome you slowsure, and your truck Big Red to the FTE community as a poster.

Since you have been around a while, there is no need to let you know about the typical "first places" to look.

Again, welcome and participate in the discussions if you feel up to it.
Thanks Sous! Your post and videos have been spot on for me. Also thanks for your service!
I never served but it felt like it sometimes...I worked for Pratt & Whitney for ~20 years in R&D. My last project was part of the F-22 Raptor. Fun stuff

Old 09-21-2018, 09:02 AM
timmyboy76
Lead Driver
Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts
Wake Up Y'all....Anutha beautiful day in the bush!
Anybody hitn da river this weekend, we'll be at Rotary Park!

Old 09-21-2018, 09:08 AM
Mickey Bitsko
More Turbo
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts
Good morning everyone... Not new to Fords but new to 00' SD.
from SW Colorado.. beautiful Autumn day.

Old 09-21-2018, 11:07 AM
schlepprock250
Cargo Master

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

8 new drive tires. He's putting two new steer tires on now. Then I'm heading west from NC to Fontana CA.

Old 09-21-2018, 11:43 AM
HD Rider
Cargo Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I used to really like those goes to Coast runs.
Now now I just run from Glendive Montana to Billings Montana, about a 450 Mi round trip.

Old 09-21-2018, 10:53 PM
Silverhks
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I used to love those long coast runs as well. Now I just deliver groceries regionally. More money and I sleep in my bed most nights

Old 09-22-2018, 10:42 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
Hey all, glad to see most are surviving the hurricane stuff out east. I hope everyone is still ok even though flooding is still a concern I hear.

Slowsure, welcome to the forum and to this thread. The more the merrier!! It's a good place to come and share adventures, shoot the bull, and talk trucks. That is really cool you were part of the F-22 program. My wife and I are aviation geeks. We go to 3-4 airshows per year. My dad was an F-4 pilot, so it's kind of in my blood to love planes. Believe it or not, the one that excites me the most is Fat Albert and the C-130. Not sure what it is, but man I have always loved that plane. Look forward to helping you get BIg Red and the up and up!

Well, I just got home last night from 3 day *****-to-the-wall driving trip to pick or "new to us" toyhauler. We got a REALLY good deal on a one owner used New Vision by KZ. This one is NICE and very well-made. We have wanted one ever since we looked at the KZs at an RV show some years back. We sold our Heartland and were able to get this one and even put some money in the bank. I'll get some photos up once we get it cleaned up to our liking.

ION, Ike did great! I thought the extra 3000# this trailer would throw at him might do him in, but going down the highway at 65-70 was no problem. I had to downshift to 5th on some bigger grades to keep it there, but EGTs were never above 1150 and boost would stay at 22-23. That is with stock injectors and REALLY good tuning form Cody. I have a "Heavy Tow" tune I used, but it really did much better in the "Daily Driver". Not sure why, but maybe he'll chime in and offer some insight. What I did find though is that I definitely need airbags or Hellwigs. I am really leaning towards the 2500# overloads, and this why. I have a B&W GN Hitch setup. I don't see how airbags would fit around the frame brackets. I'll have to look further, but with the Hellwigs, install is WAY simpler and they are cheaper. It doesn't affect the ride all that much either. Annnnnnnd I also have a very slight rattle coming form the clutch that sounds like a throwout bearing. My clutch is working great, but i am wondering if that bearing is giving up the ghost. My exhaust brake quit working as well....AGAIN. I am guessing it is the sensor on the turbo because I am getting that code P0475, which is tied to the EBPV. I also had a "Whoosh" sound at one point telling m that sensor is toast. I have a spare, but it also may have gotten bumped when I did the HPOP lines? I'll find out tomorrow when I crawl under there and take a look around. Basically just maintenance stuff from heavy use for the most part.

So, all in all, very pleased with how Ike pulled. The comfort level hauling a heavier 5th wheel vs. the bumper pull we sold is night and day. No bumper pulls for me again....ever. Hope you guys have a restful Saturday. I am going to overdo it on TV and family time today....cold beer too LOL!!

Quick Reply: *** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***