Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Old 09-04-2018, 10:49 AM
Walleye Hunter
Post Fiend
Walleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by HD Rider View Post
Went to Rollag MN for a steam threshers show.

These guys were rolling coal and making the dodgD boys jealous.
I can't believe that the EPA hasn't shut that down yet.

Old 09-04-2018, 11:15 AM
HD Rider
Posting Guru
HD Rider has a great reputation on FTE.HD Rider has a great reputation on FTE.HD Rider has a great reputation on FTE.HD Rider has a great reputation on FTE.HD Rider has a great reputation on FTE.HD Rider has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by brandon_oma#692 View Post
Good show. I have not been in years. From left to right the Nichols & Shepard, Rumely double cylinder, in the background with the curved canopy looks like a Reeves , avery undermount (looks like a locomotive) those are some of my favorites as they are less common.
Back up front a bunch of Case's and a Minneapolis (front water tank). I was always amazed how large the Rumely double cylinder is. When parked next to the 20 horse Rumely my dad had it looked like a giant and the 16 horse looked like a big scale model.

We played in the rain and mud at Rock River thresheree by Edgerton WI. Monday was cancelled. Trailer is sitting in a field waiting for stuff to dry up to load tractors and bring back home. I tried to haul them home Sunday but nobody thought it was a good idea......
Id love to have a tractor. Planning on attending a steam school to become a licensed opperator. Also will need to figure in at least an extra $10k for a trailer heavy enough to haul it home.

Old 09-04-2018, 11:21 AM
brandon_oma#692
Posting Guru
brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by HD Rider View Post
Id love to have a tractor. Planning on attending a steam school to become a licensed opperator. Also will need to figure in at least an extra $10k for a trailer heavy enough to haul it home.
What are you looking to buy? I haul the "small stuff" When we had the Rumely it was always hired out to an excavating company to move it with a lowboy and a semi.

I am the little kid in the yellow. This would have been in the early 90's

Old 09-04-2018, 01:26 PM
HD Rider
Posting Guru
HD Rider has a great reputation on FTE.HD Rider has a great reputation on FTE.HD Rider has a great reputation on FTE.HD Rider has a great reputation on FTE.HD Rider has a great reputation on FTE.HD Rider has a great reputation on FTE.
Probably not larger than a 50hp tractor. Any larger and I'll be making friends with an excavation company.

Old 09-04-2018, 05:57 PM
z31freakify
Post Fiend
z31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to behold
I love watching them steam locos and farm equipment, heres one of my favorite videos, that sound is just instense, wish we had event's like these near my area

Last edited by z31freakify; 09-04-2018 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Bad grammar!!
Old 09-04-2018, 08:02 PM
Sous
Sous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputation
Wow! My wife and I just watched that video and are now planning to go to an event like this as soon as we find one near-ish to us.

Great video!

Old 09-05-2018, 08:41 PM
Silverhks
Senior User
Silverhks is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Silverhks View Post
This doesn't need a thread, even in off topic, so I thought I would ask here.

Does anyone know of a way to change the background color for this forum? All this white is driving me crazy.
Originally Posted by BBslider001 View Post
Hmmmm....good question. I'd be interested to know as well. I don't think so, but I am sure Stew or someone else will answer that has the power.
I figured out how to change this. It is a universal change in Firefox but that is acceptable for me. Instructions Here. Be cautious it does have some unusual consequences.

That video of the 110 Hp steamer is sweeeet. I too need to get out to one of these events.

Old 09-06-2018, 10:54 AM
ZachinCO
Senior User
ZachinCO is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
The old tractor shows are the best. After attending a few my son got the bug to get a tractor of his own(face covered for internet security).
1962 IH Cub Cadet Original. We have 2 more in parts we're rebuilding.

Old 09-06-2018, 12:08 PM
Walleye Hunter
Post Fiend
Walleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ZachinCO View Post
The old tractor shows are the best. After attending a few my son got the bug to get a tractor of his own(face covered for internet security).
1962 IH Cub Cadet Original. We have 2 more in parts we're rebuilding.
That looks like one of those rare Ford utility beds behind him. I saw one here about 6 months ago but it was pretty rusty.

In other news another hot, steamy day here in SEPA. Highs in the 90's with humidity right there with it. I can't even go outside for 1/2 hr without sweating a gallon of water off.

Old 09-06-2018, 12:40 PM
Sous
Sous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post

In other news another hot, steamy day here in SEPA. Highs in the 90's with humidity right there with it. I can't even go outside for 1/2 hr without sweating a gallon of water off.
Pretty warm down here in GA too. I was out wiring up our shed for electricity yesterday and had to quit when my hands were so sweaty I couldn't grip the wire and the sweat from my head was dripping onto the electrical boxes.

Best part about being retired is setting your own quitting time for work and projects around the house, truck and trailer.

Old 09-06-2018, 12:53 PM
hydro man 17
Posting Guru
hydro man 17 has a good reputation on FTE.hydro man 17 has a good reputation on FTE.
We have more new fires up here, we could use all of the "moisture" we can get.

Old 09-06-2018, 01:16 PM
Walleye Hunter
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by hydro man 17 View Post
We have more new fires up here, we could use all of the "moisture" we can get.
I wish I could send it to you, we have another stormy weekend in our forecast.

Old 09-06-2018, 03:12 PM
Wesley Green
Posting Guru
Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.
Yeah, darn rain in the weekend forecast kinda ruins camping trip for my one weekemd off this month

Old 09-08-2018, 05:18 PM
Wesley Green
Posting Guru
Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.
Well at least the rain held off long enough for some mod time today

Surprisingly small
Relay box Relay box

I put this on the pass side above the ic boot next to washer fluid cap. Could also put it on DS but I'm planning something else for that space. I didnt get any pics before rain ended my outside work. Got most of my switch wired in the cab during rain but need to go back under the hood to finish that one Nothing is preassembled on this tho, which is good and bad. Endless possibilities of use, pain in the butt wiring all the fuses and relays tho. Easy enough to do during a movie tho.

Old 09-10-2018, 08:31 AM
brian42
Post Fiend
brian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Wesley Green View Post
Well at least the rain held off long enough for some mod time today

Surprisingly small
Relay box

I put this on the pass side above the ic boot next to washer fluid cap. Could also put it on DS but I'm planning something else for that space. I didnt get any pics before rain ended my outside work. Got most of my switch wired in the cab during rain but need to go back under the hood to finish that one Nothing is preassembled on this tho, which is good and bad. Endless possibilities of use, pain in the butt wiring all the fuses and relays tho. Easy enough to do during a movie tho.
Interesting. What functions are you wiring up?

I have been trying to find the time to build a couple of relay "boxes" to hook up to my 650 lower dash (9 switches):

I have them all earmarked and will wire all of the switches to the relay boxes (one box will be +12V hot and the other one will be +12V hot-in-run) and then wire up the functions as I get them installed.

I was looking at the Cooper Bussman 15303 series but yours looks much more cost-effective. I will add that possibility as I get closer to tackling my project.

https://www.amazon.com/Cooper-Bussmann-15303-2-2-4-Relays-Included/dp/B015YSWP8C/ref=sr_1_3?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1536585733&sr=1-3&keywords=bussman+rtmr https://www.amazon.com/Cooper-Bussmann-15303-2-2-4-Relays-Included/dp/B015YSWP8C/ref=sr_1_3?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1536585733&sr=1-3&keywords=bussman+rtmr

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: *******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.