Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Old 08-31-2018, 10:53 PM
Wesley Green
Posting Guru
Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.
Craaap.... no really. A lot of it too.
Came home from my 12 hr shift last night, getting kids ready for bus I'm told a toilet stopped up. During my unsuccessful splashing, plunging session, and toilet snake, wife says master bath shower quit draining, followed a few minutes later by my toilet stopping up too.. Broke down and called the "professional" aka someone with specialized tools and lots of kids to put thru college.

Main sewer line had collapsed.... holiday weekend, no plumbing. Family will be boondocking in the 5er at the farm. Looks like I get to get pretty nasty tomorrow with no indoor shower on my day off

Old 09-01-2018, 01:33 PM
hydro man 17
Posting Guru
hydro man 17 has a good reputation on FTE.hydro man 17 has a good reputation on FTE.
"Main sewer line had collapsed.... holiday weekend, no plumbing."

I hear you. These things never happen on a routine work day. Had company coming for Thanksgiving dinner one time and the electronic igniter for the oven quit. First time I cooked a turkey in the Webber.

Old 09-01-2018, 06:03 PM
Wesley Green
Posting Guru
Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.
Well at least the bathrooms are functional now. Rest of the house won't drain, but can live with it till Tuesday. Now for a shower n alcohol

Old 09-02-2018, 08:00 AM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
BBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant future
Man Wesley, been there done that with this kind of stuff. it ALWAYS seems to happen on a weekend too.

Old 09-02-2018, 09:29 AM
Sous
Sous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Wesley Green View Post
Well at least the bathrooms are functional now. Rest of the house won't drain, but can live with it till Tuesday. Now for a shower n alcohol
How did you manage to fix the main line in a fashion that only some of the drains empty?

Old 09-02-2018, 07:06 PM
Wesley Green
Posting Guru
Ended up not being the "main" line. I'd consider the 4" the main line too tho. The 2" on the kitchen/laundry/garage side that joins the 4" is what "collasped" .The plumber used their big snake and it came out covered in mud from that side of the house's small clean out.

Turns out the 3 & 4 yr old used up a whole roll of tp on one flush and clogged the 4" between the guest bath and the main 4" cleanout.

will run my snake down the collasped side to try n figure out where its collapsed on my next days off. Now I'm off to start gathering parts together for my next mod on Thursday

Old 09-03-2018, 07:28 PM
timmyboy76
Post Fiend
timmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud of
Boondock Time

With, buying daughter a new bed set and puting it together this morning, i figure, why not put the old to use instead trash'n it...beats a cot

Old 09-03-2018, 09:11 PM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
BBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant future
hell yeah Timmy B....THAT is how you repurpose. I need to find a shell like that. Good grief they are pricey.

Old 09-03-2018, 09:17 PM
Colorado350
Postmaster
Colorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by timmyboy76 View Post
With, buying daughter a new bed set and puting it together this morning, i figure, why not put the old to use instead trash'n it...beats a cot
You may need to either support or remove the legs, I donít think they hold up to the movement of the truck. It definitely beats a cot though! :drinks:

Old 09-03-2018, 10:02 PM
timmyboy76
Post Fiend
timmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud of
Yeah im purdy stoked about it...did a overnight in mammoth last wednesday. Was ready to weld one up but daughter needed a new bed more than me needing what i was planning on building. Atleast this ended up free.. Cot worked good but felt claustrophobic lol. Was ready to bench press the shell. Scored on shell last month for 2 bones. Was grey but rattle can worked great. Bed lined the top...will retake gander at them legs. Got a few pieces if need to strengthen...ready for anutha dayrun up there

Old 09-03-2018, 10:28 PM
Silverhks
Senior User
Silverhks is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
This doesn't need a thread, even in off topic, so I thought I would ask here.

Does anyone know of a way to change the background color for this forum? All this white is driving me crazy.

Old 09-04-2018, 07:34 AM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Silverhks View Post
This doesn't need a thread, even in off topic, so I thought I would ask here.

Does anyone know of a way to change the background color for this forum? All this white is driving me crazy.
Hmmmm....good question. I'd be interested to know as well. I don't think so, but I am sure Stew or someone else will answer that has the power.

Old 09-04-2018, 07:49 AM
Colorado350
Postmaster
Colorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to behold
And you thought deer accidents were bad...

Old 09-04-2018, 08:27 AM
HD Rider
Posting Guru
HD Rider has a great reputation on FTE.HD Rider has a great reputation on FTE.HD Rider has a great reputation on FTE.HD Rider has a great reputation on FTE.HD Rider has a great reputation on FTE.HD Rider has a great reputation on FTE.
Went to Rollag MN for a steam threshers show.

These guys were rolling coal and making the dodgD boys jealous.

Old 09-04-2018, 08:46 AM
brandon_oma#692
Posting Guru
brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by HD Rider View Post
Went to Rollag MN for a steam threshers show.

These guys were rolling coal and making the dodgD boys jealous.
Good show. I have not been in years. From left to right the Nichols & Shepard, Rumely double cylinder, in the background with the curved canopy looks like a Reeves , avery undermount (looks like a locomotive) those are some of my favorites as they are less common.
Back up front a bunch of Case's and a Minneapolis (front water tank). I was always amazed how large the Rumely double cylinder is. When parked next to the 20 horse Rumely my dad had it looked like a giant and the 16 horse looked like a big scale model.

We played in the rain and mud at Rock River thresheree by Edgerton WI. Monday was cancelled. Trailer is sitting in a field waiting for stuff to dry up to load tractors and bring back home. I tried to haul them home Sunday but nobody thought it was a good idea......

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: *******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.