Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Old 08-16-2018, 05:19 PM
Colorado350
Postmaster
Colorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to behold
We took the GF’s kids camping …they had never been camping before and were excited to go. The weather was outstanding, we found an secluded spot that gave us a very quiet days and nights. A buddy I work with joined us, everyone had a blast.

Just getting things set up for the weekend.

There’s something to be said about just sitting back and BSing with friends. The weather was great for the whole weekend.

Old 08-16-2018, 05:25 PM
Sous
Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.
Those spots like that are the best ones and what we prefer when we go out for a trip!

Looks like a lot of fun, and the truck looks great towing that Jeep around.

Old 08-16-2018, 06:03 PM
Colorado350
Postmaster
Colorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Sous View Post
Those spots like that are the best ones and what we prefer when we go out for a trip!

Looks like a lot of fun, and the truck looks great towing that Jeep around.
It was a dead end cul de sac about 200 yards off the road surrounded by a ridge line. The kids couldn't believe the stars they could see, they were in awe! LOL

Old 08-16-2018, 06:06 PM
Sous
Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.
You know, that star comment never really occurred to me until we had some friends down from Philadelphia and their 6 year old son mentioned that the sky was so bright in GA. I was a bit confused, until his mother mentioned it was because they were in the country now without all of the cars, buildings and lights drowning out the stars.

Seeing that picture makes me want to call my brother and tell him we will be out of town this weekend when they come to visit because we are boondocking and drinking beer.

Old 08-16-2018, 06:23 PM
Silverhks
Senior User
Silverhks is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Sous View Post
Seeing that picture makes me want to call my brother and tell him we will be out of town this weekend when they come to visit because we are boondocking and drinking beer.
So invite him along and have the best of both worlds

Old 08-16-2018, 06:26 PM
Sous
Camping is not his thing... They are city folk and there is nothing wrong with that. I am not city folk though, not in any way, shape or form.

Old 08-16-2018, 06:36 PM
Silverhks
Senior User
Silverhks is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I understand that view. I love nature, the outdoors, hiking, caving, et Al. However, I've spent to many years living in a truck, I'm not a fan of camping. And I can't afford a RV/5er

Old 08-16-2018, 10:08 PM
ZachinCO
Senior User
ZachinCO is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Colorado350 View Post
We took the GF’s kids camping …they had never been camping before and were excited to go. The weather was outstanding, we found an secluded spot that gave us a very quiet days and nights. A buddy I work with joined us, everyone had a blast.

Just getting things set up for the weekend.

There’s something to be said about just sitting back and BSing with friends. The weather was great for the whole weekend.
Sitting around the campfire at hunt camp are some of my best memories!

Old 08-16-2018, 10:43 PM
HD Rider
Posting Guru
HD Rider has a great reputation on FTE.HD Rider has a great reputation on FTE.HD Rider has a great reputation on FTE.HD Rider has a great reputation on FTE.HD Rider has a great reputation on FTE.HD Rider has a great reputation on FTE.
I like that everyone is not sitting around staring at their phones.

Old 08-17-2018, 07:37 AM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
BBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant future
Campfire times are the best times I have ever had. The fire pits on the beach back home are a perfect way to warm up in the evening and talk story. And yeah, no phones is all time! Great shots John.

Old 08-17-2018, 08:11 AM
brian42
Post Fiend
brian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant future
Two things I love about the desert: the night sky and no cell service!!

Old 08-17-2018, 08:37 AM
Sous
A couple years ago we drove out to ID to see family and chill for a while. That was when we took the 30 ft travel trailer from GA to Seattle and back in 2015.

Anyway, we ended up going to a cabin that the in-laws owned and hanging out there. I was sitting on the front porch having a cold beer and the brother in-laws wife comes out and says, what do you want to do? I told her "I am front porch sittin and doing just fine". She didn't get it and thought that I was bored because I was sitting on the porch doing nothing.

One of my favorite things to do when camping is nothing... Just sit, watch, listen and relax.

Well, except I do my best to help the planet rid itself of those pesky canned beers... I do my part in that battle.

Old 08-17-2018, 12:13 PM
Bonanza35
Post Fiend
Bonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to behold
Couldn't of said it better Sous! Love the days hunting way back in the woods, it starts to get light. Just watch the birds, and other animals that are there. No deer or Elk, go to the saddle bags, brake out a beer and what ever you have there. Sit and enjoy life. The way life was meant to be for sure.

Old 08-19-2018, 11:45 AM
Wesley Green
Posting Guru
Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.
Hey fellers,
Just a reminder to think about OHMing your glow plugs. More comfortable to order them now n be ready to dive under VC's in nice weather in September/October than buying whatever is available and doing them with cold hands in Dec/Jan

Old 08-19-2018, 05:06 PM
Sous
Wesley, correct me if I am wrong, but they should ohm out to around 2.0 from the UVCH connector?

No need to remove the valve covers, just need to gain access to the pins coming out of the UVCH to the 4 outer most pins on each connector. They are the larger pins in the connector, the smaller ones are centered with the larger pins having 2 on each end of the connector.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: *******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.