*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread******* - Page 130 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Old 07-10-2018, 07:45 AM
Tugly
Post Fiend
Tugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputation
I went boating on Sunday, and it was a good day all around. We learned that if we have the back-yard sprinklers on in the morning, the geese like that.

We paralleled an osprey as it collected water for the nest. Sorry... I couldn't get the camera fast enough - but that act is worth looking up online.

We saw some paragliders upriver, and I had plenty of time to grab the camera.

Old 07-10-2018, 08:39 AM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
BBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant future
Whoa, that is aLOT of paragliders. That is a beautiful area Rich. Not a bad place to retire at all.

Old 07-10-2018, 09:09 AM
Colorado350
Posting Guru
Colorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by brandon_oma#692 View Post
Left northern Illinois noon on the 3rd. Stayed that night in emporia Kansas. Stayed the 4th in Tucumcari New Mexico. Made it to my mom's in Tucson last night.

Truck ran well. Drove about 65 in 5th most of the time. Had to use 4th for a while because of the wind. Everyone was going about 55.

I dropped to 3rd at 55 going up a pass on hwy 70 at white sands new Mexico. Truck was doing good in 4th but oil temperature was climbing so I backed off and slowed down. I was still passing semi's.

What is the maximum acceptable engine oil temperature ? I'm using the factory sender thru the pcm with torque pro. Coolant temperature gauge on the dash never even moved. Glad I don't rely on that .
I typically see right around 220* here in Colorado towing with the Triax 5w40, even in this heat wave my oil stays in the 220ish area. We got some rain last Thursday 2" but it runs off and evaporates so quickly. The fires here are getting out of hand, authorities arrested 2 adults and a teenager for starting the fire in Teller County, Teller Cty actually went to Stage 3 restrictions, no shooting, fires, smoking even propane grilling is banned.

Old 07-10-2018, 12:07 PM
Sous
SXE Junkie
Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.
Hopefully the fire was started accidentally and not an arson situation.

I always wondered how they track down the responsible parties for setting a fire in the country, wild or whatever you want to call it. Not like setting fire to a building where there are cameras or something.

Old 07-10-2018, 12:29 PM
Colorado350
Posting Guru
Colorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Sous View Post
Hopefully the fire was started accidentally and not an arson situation.

I always wondered how they track down the responsible parties for setting a fire in the country, wild or whatever you want to call it. Not like setting fire to a building where there are cameras or something.
Apparently the landowner gave them permission to camp there, the juvenile's father reportedly called his son to remind them that fires were not allowed. The adults started the fire and all gathered wood. They were going to stay the night but it was reported they saw a bear and got spooked and left the fire...what they thought was out.

The Spring fire was started by an illegal immigrant from Denmark that started the fire the day before in a fire pit supposedly 2' deep and thought it was out.

Old 07-10-2018, 01:08 PM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
BBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant future
My boss's daughter lives down in Rocky Ford John. She concurs with you. She said grass looks like it would set itself on fire because it is so dry. Stay alert my friend!

Old 07-10-2018, 02:35 PM
ZachinCO
Senior User
ZachinCO is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by BBslider001 View Post
My boss's daughter lives down in Rocky Ford John. She concurs with you. She said grass looks like it would set itself on fire because it is so dry. Stay alert my friend!
I was down that way on July 3. The advantage, if it can be called that, is that it is plains vs mountains. Lots of Ag down there and the guys with pivots have 1st cutting done. Coincidentally, I have a buddy that lives in Rocky Ford.

Beautiful Rich!

Old 07-10-2018, 05:46 PM
Colorado350
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by BBslider001 View Post
I actually keep a shovel in the truck just in case we’re traveling and come across a small fire on the side of the road.

Old 07-13-2018, 04:04 PM
Wesley Green
Elder User
Wesley Green has a good reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a good reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a good reputation on FTE.
Whew, flew back to Commifornia last night, aweful flying weather all over meant a lot of delayed flights, and very turbulent. Nasty landing in Phoenix, probably the 2nd worst I've ever had.

It was comforting to see the truck sitting pretty next to the 5th wheel in her Grandma's backyard. Even better to see my wife n kids after 3 weeks away. Was actually able to schedule an extra 5 days off, so we have some extra time to spend here with the inlaws before our 1900 mile return trip. Already working on my winter mods list for the truck n 5er for next year's much farther trip.

Y'all stay cool n hydrated

Old 07-15-2018, 06:06 PM
Sous
SXE Junkie
Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.
Our home for the next 8 days. We prefer boondocking, but this is a good shakedown spot for our new to us 5th wheel.

Old 07-15-2018, 08:03 PM
Wesley Green
Elder User
Wesley Green has a good reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a good reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a good reputation on FTE.
looking good Sous! I can't tell if you use stabilizer jacks for your slide or not, they helped a lot on our big slide with 4 kids stomping around.

Now i need some cartoon eyes for my kingpin as well

Old 07-15-2018, 08:45 PM
Sous
SXE Junkie
Originally Posted by Wesley Green View Post
looking good Sous! I can't tell if you use stabilizer jacks for your slide or not, they helped a lot on our big slide with 4 kids stomping around.

Now i need some cartoon eyes for my kingpin as well
we don't use them because we have steady fast stabilizers attached to the camper and it is only 28 ft so the stabilizers hold it still.

the Montana we had would still shake quite a bit even with the stabilizers.

Old 07-17-2018, 12:34 AM
brandon_oma#692
Posting Guru
brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.
Little over 3000 miles into our vacation. Illinois - emporia Kansas - Tucumcari New Mexico - Tucson Arizona - Williams Arizona / grand Canyon - koosharem Utah reservoir (free blm land) - Henry's lake Idaho ( free blm land) just west of West Yellowstone - currently in cody Wyoming

Seen some beautiful sights and the old truck is doing well. Did just fine over 8000 ft at 24000# . Seems like I spent 20 minutes in second gear coasting down hill out of Yellowstone toward cody today. Really surprised how little I needed the brakes. Got the brakes hot a couple times. Once in too high of gear and another making a pullout so we could get out of the truck for a break.

Old 07-17-2018, 12:46 AM
brandon_oma#692
Posting Guru
brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.
Played with some different tunes found the one I like the best. Turned out to be the swamps light and heavy tow. I have a touchy spot where mfd jumps up in the light tow and was at those conditions for awhile so I swapped to the heavy. Still very rarely used all the skinny pedal.

Probably order a .91 exhaust housing when I get home. Everything is better than before but now that I have a bunch of towing miles on the 1.0 I want to see what difference the change makes. I'm thinking it is like tunes. You just need to try others to find your personal preference.

O yea man this camper is filthy outside. Rained everywhere. Drove in flash floods on 89 in southern Utah. 89a was cool over the Colorado River

Old 07-17-2018, 07:55 AM
timmyboy76
Post Fiend
timmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud of
Up here in gods country for next 7 days. Not wanting to tow in 110*, i left at 9pm sunday to knockout the first 200 miles. Pulled off in a gravel field next to truckers and called it the night. That was around 12:30am. Got goin by 5 and made it here by 8. With nobody in the site, they allowed me to unload👍. Got some grub and by noon, hiked back to first of a few scheduled lakes.

Caught a few here in this stream across from Carls Jr..couldnt resist

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: *******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.