Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Old 06-24-2018, 06:55 PM
Sous
Post Fiend
Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.
As GA residents we are lucky and have reciprocity in most of the states.

Be safe and have fun on the rest of your trip.

Old 06-24-2018, 08:12 PM
Walleye Hunter
Post Fiend
Walleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to behold
Kalifornia doesn't even have reciprocity with Kalifornia.

Old 06-24-2018, 10:42 PM
Wesley Green
Posting Guru
Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.
And Oregon only has reciprocity with states that share its border

Old 06-25-2018, 07:43 AM
HD Rider
Posting Guru
HD Rider has a great reputation on FTE.HD Rider has a great reputation on FTE.HD Rider has a great reputation on FTE.HD Rider has a great reputation on FTE.HD Rider has a great reputation on FTE.HD Rider has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Wesley Green View Post
And Oregon only has reciprocity with states that share its border
I wish congress would pass nation wide reciprocity already.

Last edited by HD Rider; 06-25-2018 at 07:44 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 06-25-2018, 07:53 AM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
BBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant future
California has its issues for sure...BIG ones....but home is home. It wasn't always like this, especially when Reagan and Arnie were governors. The state definitely had its golden times. Annnnnnnyhoo, now it's a ****pot. Moonbeam needs to go along with Pelosi and the rest of 'em.

Old 06-25-2018, 08:05 AM
Sous
Post Fiend
Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.
What do you California folks think about the split of CA being on the ballot?

Just a show and something that will never happen?

Even if it does happen it would be a cluster for a while?

Even if it gets passed, it still would not actually create 3 out of 1?

This is the first time in my adult life (that I have paid attention anyway) that I have seen something like this even on a ballot during the voting season. I am interested to see how it plays out because it could set a precedent for other state internal disagreements or long standing grudges.

***StewartH, if this question is too politically based simply based on the nature, please remove it and accept my apologies.***

Old 06-25-2018, 08:53 AM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
BBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Sous View Post
What do you California folks think about the split of CA being on the ballot?

Just a show and something that will never happen?

Even if it does happen it would be a cluster for a while?

Even if it gets passed, it still would not actually create 3 out of 1?

This is the first time in my adult life (that I have paid attention anyway) that I have seen something like this even on a ballot during the voting season. I am interested to see how it plays out because it could set a precedent for other state internal disagreements or long standing grudges.

***StewartH, if this question is too politically based simply based on the nature, please remove it and accept my apologies.***
Hopefully Stewart knows we won't act like kids with this sort of discussion?

Well, I don't think it's the answer. I know myself and my other friends/family out there don't see it actually happening, but stranger things have passed when everyone swore they wouldn't. If it does happen, I am not sure how it changes anything really. People are people whether you split them into threes or not LOL!!

Old 06-25-2018, 10:50 AM
brian42
Post Fiend
brian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant future
I don't think it's going to happen either. I haven't followed things too closely in the political arena but there have been some ulikely measures on the state ballot that seem to be nothing more than someone getting their 15 minutes of fame. While I don't think this one is that benign I don't think it's much cause for concern IMO.

The thing that frustrates me more on a personal level is that CA put up a bill to have military pensions exempt from state taxes and it was crushed by the democrats. CA is only 1 of 9 states that actually levy state taxes on military pensions.

Old 06-25-2018, 04:48 PM
Wesley Green
Posting Guru
Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.
Well here I sit in John Wayne airport waiting on my much quicker way back to work than we took with the 5th wheel getting out here.

Smh that i forgot to put the battery tender on the truck while it sits for 3 weeks waiting for a driver that is capable of the lost art of driving stick

The irony is I'm headed back to Denver for the first leg of the flight. Catch y'all on the ground.

Old 06-25-2018, 05:07 PM
hydro man 17
Posting Guru
hydro man 17 has a good reputation on FTE.hydro man 17 has a good reputation on FTE.
"Smh that i forgot to put the battery tender on the truck..."

Gotta love the failing memory. Mine fails me constantly.

Old 06-25-2018, 05:55 PM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by BBslider001 View Post
...and Arnie were governors.
Arnie did his fair share to screw us up too. He really messed up the workers comp and disability for this state....bad. Don't get me going with that!

Originally Posted by BBslider001 View Post
Hopefully Stewart knows we won't act like kids with this sort of discussion?
Yeah, skipping a stone across the political waters like we're doing is one thing. Diving in deep to discuss nothing but politics is something completely different.

Stewart

Old 06-25-2018, 06:26 PM
Sous
Post Fiend
From my side of the country I didn't think much would come of it either. Although, I was a bit surprised to see it was even on the ballot. Wanted to get a feeling for what you CA folks at ground zero thought.

Thanks for the vote of confidence in our ability to skip stones Stewart

On another note, I normally consider my Google-Fu to be quite good, but trying to find folding pedals for a bike with a 1/2" spindle is a nightmare.

Old 06-25-2018, 08:55 PM
ZachinCO
Senior User
ZachinCO is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
California looks good in my rear view mirror, it's only been 13 years since I've been gone but man has SoCal changed...

I'll take the corn and wheat fields in NE, where I'm working for a few days.

Old 06-25-2018, 10:33 PM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Sous View Post
From my side of the country I didn't think much would come of it either. Although, I was a bit surprised to see it was even on the ballot. Wanted to get a feeling for what you CA folks at ground zero thought.
Honestly, I haven't paid it much thought. The local news channels seem to feel the same way because the coverage has been very superficial.

Stewart

Old 06-26-2018, 05:28 AM
Tugly
Post Fiend
Tugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputation
On the "lighter" side, I was out boating Sunday, and came back home late in the afternoon with the temps about 95 degrees (1-minute row and walk from our moored boat to our back door). My wife lowered the thermostat setting about 5 degrees to cool things down, and by the time I returned with the ice chest - I could smell burning plastic. I followed my nose to the floor register, and spotted smoke ejecting from the vent. I quickly shut off the HVAC at the thermostat, then ran to the blower unit to pull the covers. There was an active fire on the wiring, so I ran to the breaker and punched every ganged breaker. I didn't have my glasses, nor the time to read the labels if I had them. By the time I returned to the blower unit, my wife handed me the fire extinguisher... but the fire was out from cutting the power. The whole process took maybe 20 seconds, but clearing the smoke would mean many hours of trying to sleep in the summer heat.

At 2:00 AM that night, the wind picked up because of a storm cell on a collision course with our home - so all the decorative crap was blowing around our bedroom because of the open windows. During our Dorothy flashback, my wife closed the window to keep the blinds from beating like a gorilla challenging another male. I'm thinking "Let's make use of this wind while we can", and we opened doors and windows everywhere that didn't blow our belongings outside or hanging objects into a beaver tail thump. While the storm huffed and puffed and blew our heat out, we watched the lightning and flying debris - waiting for the rain. When the aerated tidal wave came, it blew inside every door and window we had opened.

How does rain blow sideways in four directions? Ma nature must be up there saying "Look, I know you're busy with cherries and all - but you just have it too good for your own good. So... I've decided to bring you down a notch to keep you from getting too big for your britches." Anyway... after mopping up all the messes, we were able to return to bed in a much cooler bedroom. I slept in until 5:00, but that was still one rough Sunday evening and night... so I went to work grumpy yesterday.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: *******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.