*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread******* - Page 116 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Old 06-02-2018, 10:35 AM
bigb56
Posting Guru
bigb56 is a splendid one to beholdbigb56 is a splendid one to beholdbigb56 is a splendid one to beholdbigb56 is a splendid one to beholdbigb56 is a splendid one to beholdbigb56 is a splendid one to beholdbigb56 is a splendid one to behold
Here's my home made propane forge on it's virgin run. We mostly use it now instead of the coal, but the coal is still a lot of fun, just got to watch the heat. It gets hotter than the propane and if not careful will ruin your metal.

Old 06-02-2018, 10:40 AM
bigb56
Posting Guru
bigb56 is a splendid one to beholdbigb56 is a splendid one to beholdbigb56 is a splendid one to beholdbigb56 is a splendid one to beholdbigb56 is a splendid one to beholdbigb56 is a splendid one to beholdbigb56 is a splendid one to behold
Here's a guy who forges big time stuff, just click on the process link and watch the video. His studio is in Santa Fe, if you're up that way there's a lot of blacksmithing going on. Frank Turley, one of the world's most renowned blacksmiths runs a school there.

Work | Tom Joyce Studio

Old 06-02-2018, 01:32 PM
Sous
Post Fiend
Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.
Forged in Fire is a pretty good show. My wife and I used to be in to that show quite a bit.

Now that AGT is back on, Alone is starting soon and Goliath season 2 is coming quickly, there will be all sorts of good stuff to choose from

Bigb56, that is great to see. I could stand there for hours and watch people do that stuff.

So, I almost sold the truck this past week... Yup, almost got rid of my pride and joy 7.3 diesel truck... Why? Because I thought I might have to buy a boat house if this FRICKING RAIN didn't stop... We have gotten so much rain over the past 2 weeks the ground is like walking on 2" sponges soaked in water. We live on the side of a hill with a pond in front, so all of the water from our property drains into that. Then goes into a creek (more like a small river this past week) and then out and down into Lake Hartwell about a mile through the woods.

So glad to see the sun does exist today and you can tell the people around here are glad to see it too.

Anyway, happy Saturday everyone!

Old 06-02-2018, 02:55 PM
bigb56
Posting Guru
I wish you could send some of that rain over here...we're dry as a bone and looking at 104 today. They're saying our fire season could be the worst ever

Old 06-02-2018, 03:05 PM
hydro man 17
Posting Guru
hydro man 17 has a good reputation on FTE.hydro man 17 has a good reputation on FTE.
Yea, the main flip side to a wet winter is a lot more brush and dry grass later on. Got that going this year. Can't win for losing

Old 06-02-2018, 10:42 PM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
BBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Sous View Post
Forged in Fire is a pretty good show. My wife and I used to be in to that show quite a bit.

Now that AGT is back on, Alone is starting soon and Goliath season 2 is coming quickly, there will be all sorts of good stuff to choose from
What is AGT and Alone? And yes, Goliath is a GREAT show.

Old 06-03-2018, 06:40 AM
Walleye Hunter
Post Fiend
Walleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by BBslider001 View Post
What is AGT and Alone? And yes, Goliath is a GREAT show.
AGT is Amerca's Got Talent and is a very good talent contest, they let any kind of act participate, comedy, singing, pet acts, danger acts, theatrical acts, etc. Alone is my preferable way to watch it, why can't the wife save her chatter for commercial time?

Old 06-03-2018, 08:04 AM
Tugly
Post Fiend
Tugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
AGT is Amerca's Got Talent and is a very good talent contest...
I can't endure the flops, I wait for the stand-outs on YouTube.

I burned through the last season of Bosch, now I'm waiting for Goliath.

Forging... I never saw myself being interested in that until it happened. I was pretty clumsy in my youth, and I have the scars to prove it. From that, I developed Aichmophobia - which is a profound fear of anything sharp. It was pretty bad when I had to use X-Acto knives (and sharpened pencils) at work and it freaked me out, so I started carrying a tiny pocket folding knife to combat the fear - with about a 1 1/2" blade. I kept it razor sharp to "enhance" my combat against the fear, and pulled it out of the pocket as I found uses for it.

Fast-forward many years and progressions of knives, and now I have a nice blade collection (grown a lot since the photo below) - plus an appreciation for edged tools (I wouldn't likely ever be in a situation where it is used as a weapon). I have a couple of fighting knives that I received as gifts, but most of my fixed blade knives are "campers" - and I have batoned a lot of firewood. My folding EDC with a 4" blade gets used about 10 times a day for all kinds of stuff.

Old 06-03-2018, 08:46 AM
Walleye Hunter
Post Fiend
Walleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Tugly View Post
I can't endure the flops, I wait for the stand-outs on YouTube.
I hear ya and it looks like the show has too as it has gotten better. I remember early on the show had some pretty bad entries. i e finalists included Paris Hilton and GW Bush imitators so you can imagine what the others were like. This season opener was one of the best early shows I have seen as they only show the ones that make it through and the really bad ones that are worth a chuckle. As the show has evolved better talent is making the effort to enter and there are some incredibly talented people on the show. Every year they get more impressive hi tech contestants too with their light shows and background graphics as they perform on the stage. I cringe when the dance troupes come on as there is only so much they can do for me but they had a couple of them that were entertaining and got advanced. I doubt that one of them will win but you never know.

Old 06-03-2018, 09:25 AM
Sous
Post Fiend
Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.
Alone is a survival show on History Channel where ~15 people go off into the wilderness by themselves and whoever can stay the longest wins.

Rich, the flops have gotten much, much less air time now in recent years. I think there was maybe 1 flop on the premier the other night. AGT is our favorite show because you can see common everyday people get up there and do incredible things.

Old 06-03-2018, 10:00 AM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
BBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant future
Thanks fellas. I'll check out Alone. We really liked Naked and Afraid until the format got repetitive and focused on drama more than survival...JMHO.

Old 06-03-2018, 10:21 AM
Sous
Post Fiend
I was going to say that Alone was a lot like Naked and Afraid, but didn't mention it because it is much better.

Old 06-05-2018, 02:45 PM
SaintITC
Posting Guru
SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.
No way this ends well...

Traveled to Portland OR today for work. What does Enterprise give me? Brand new F250 6.7 Ext cab long bed, I'm gonna hate my truck when I get back home...

Old 06-05-2018, 02:49 PM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by SaintITC View Post
Traveled to Portland OR today for work. What does Enterprise give me? Brand new F250 6.7 Ext cab long bed, I'm gonna hate my truck when I get back home...
Uh oh....dontcha hate that?

Old 06-05-2018, 03:31 PM
brian42
Post Fiend
brian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant future
I hear those things have a coffee maker and back massager!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: *******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.